Replies: 10405
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:44:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Daylight Savings

Started by RW, March 11, 2017, 03:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Sunday, March 12 at 2:00AM clocks go forward an hour where observed.

Don't forget!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Should I set my alarm for 2am just to put it ahead an hour?

RW

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Should I set my alarm for 2am just to put it ahead an hour?

Whatever floats your boat :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Im kidding.  Daylight savings has always be stupid imo...i never understood the 2am significance?

RW

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Im kidding.  Daylight savings has always be stupid imo...i never understood the 2am significance?

I don't know either.  I just know I hate it.
Beware of Gaslighters!

GORDY GAMBINO

its cos at 2 am the change effects the least amount of people

midnight is too confussing

9 am is to late
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Should I set my alarm for 2am just to put it ahead an hour?

No because 2 am doesn't exist because your really setting from 1 am to 3 am

if you set your alarm for 2 am you wake up at 3 am

best you stay up all night

yes the bottle is your friend ac_razz
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

RW

And I even reminded you!  :p

:)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

The NDP government here wants to be like Saskatchewan and not observe DST..

Farmers and golf courses in this province don't like the idea.

RW

I heard farmers hate daylight savings.

"Dang said the downsides of switching to daylight time are clear: young children have trouble adjusting, it may lead to an increase in heart attacks, and farmers and ranchers say it interferes with milking and feeding schedules."

From the beginning, farmers opposed the plan. They argued workers insisted on working to "town time" and so, with fewer morning daylight hours, wasted an hour or two waiting for dew to dry and then went home before the sun started setting.

Modern farmers have kept up the fight. Thomas Dang's initial news release about the new attempt to scrap daylight time had comments from an egg farmer complaining that it "plays havoc with the natural rhythm of poultry."

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/daylight-saving-time-pioneers-oppose-move-to-scrap-twice-yearly-clock-shift-in-alberta">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... in-alberta">http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/daylight-saving-time-pioneers-oppose-move-to-scrap-twice-yearly-clock-shift-in-alberta
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

When it was introduced here, there was great protest from some people, because they observed that daylight saving caused their curtains and drapes to fade faster.

True story.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"When it was introduced here, there was great protest from some people, because they observed that daylight saving caused their curtains and drapes to fade faster.

True story.

When was it introduced in Australia?

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"In the 70's...

How many time zones in Australia? Three maybe?