The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 32 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Blazor"I just want to make a decent living, be decently happy, and be able to take a couple vacations a year.

Then you need to get a unionized government job, and I'm not joking!  You won't get rich, but they'll take care of you, and you could probably amass enough sick/personal days to take those two vacations without even losing a dime in pay, PLUS you'll get your vacation pay!

Only problem is, you're a straight White male, and your CV may just automatically sink to the bottom of their circular filing cabinet...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Blazor"I just want to make a decent living, be decently happy, and be able to take a couple vacations a year.

Then you need to get a unionized government job, and I'm not joking!  You won't get rich, but they'll take care of you, and you could probably amass enough sick/personal days to take those two vacations without even losing a dime in pay, PLUS you'll get your vacation pay!

Only problem is, you're a straight White male, and your CV may just automatically sink to the bottom of their circular filing cabinet...

My husband has a private sector non unionized job and he earns a lot more than I do in a unionized public sector job.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
If you do choose a different career, I hope you choose something that is a fit for you.

Me too, me too. Shame we cant just chase our dreams lol.

I just want to make a decent living, be decently happy, and be able to take a couple vacations a year.

Poverty is not for someone with a solid work ethic like yourself.

acc_hugz

Aww thanks. I really do have good work ethic!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

My dad kept trying to get me to work where he did, the VA hospital. Takes a while to get up in the ranks though.

Bricktop

My husband has a private sector non unionized job and he earns a lot more than I do in a unionized public sector job.

Ah, yes. But does he do the same job as you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Ah, yes. But does he do the same job as you?

Of course not..

I am an administrative assistant and he is an electrician who manages a specialized oilfield service company shop.

Blazor

Making my famous pumpkin rolls tonight, 2 of them, for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Making my famous pumpkin rolls tonight, 2 of them, for Thanksgiving.

It's this Thursday..

Do you have a four day weekend Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Making my famous pumpkin rolls tonight, 2 of them, for Thanksgiving.

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Anonymous

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Are you staying home?

Blazor

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Are you staying home?

For the most part, prolly eating at the ladies moms house.

Anonymous

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Are you staying home?

Oh that's nice..

Turkey and all the sides I presume.

Blazor

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Are you staying home?

Oh that's nice..

I presume as well  :laugh:

One problem I've had over the last few years, finding time to eat at her moms house, while finding time to eat at my in-laws house. Most time I dont have time to do both since they are usually scheduled so close together. I LOVE my mother in-laws stuffing patties though, its my favorite thing on Thanksgiving. Mostly cause they remind me of my mom's stuffing patties I think.

Blazor

Just got my ham from work. Usually I make it for my son on his birthday in 2 weeks. He loves it when I make ham rolls using the Hawaiian sweet rolls and my baked beans. He has to work this year, so I dont know what to do about all that yet.

Also my work brought in country ham biscuits! Yum they so good lol. Country ham is my favorite biscuit.

Anonymous

It's this Thursday..

Yes mam I do  ac_dance

Are you staying home?

Oh that's nice..

I presume as well  :laugh:

One problem I've had over the last few years, finding time to eat at her moms house, while finding time to eat at my in-laws house. Most time I dont have time to do both since they are usually scheduled so close together. I LOVE my mother in-laws stuffing patties though, its my favorite thing on Thanksgiving. Mostly cause they remind me of my mom's stuffing patties I think.

American Thanksgiving is more fun than our own in October. I loved it when I lived in Pennsylvania.