The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Answering phone calls

Started by shin, March 22, 2017, 06:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

No one can get to me at all. I screen all calls. If it's not my relatives, children, doctor/dentist, or work, I do not pick up. If they really need to speak to me, they would leave a message. Only then do I return the call.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

shin

Quote from: "cc la verre"
QuoteWhen someone calls you on the phone and you don't know who it is, do you ever ask who is calling before you confirm that you are the one who is speaking?

Absolutely and always. No one gets to who I am until I know who caller is   .. and if it doesn't sound right, they get nothing

QuoteWhen an unfamiliar number calls while you're unable to answer, and they don't leave a message... do you call them back asking what they wanted or do you just assume they'll call again if it's truly important?

Depends on area code and only if  I'm expecting a call from or know someone in that area code

QuoteDo you prefer texting to talking on the phone with familiar people?

Never

Quote from: "Renee"
I can usually tell by the heavy breathing that it's Gordy and I just hang up.

:roll:

It seems like you're a very private person.

I get robo calls from within my area code. i used to not pick up the phone, but I feel like I might miss something important eventually.

shin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"No one can get to me at all. I screen all calls. If it's not my relatives, children, doctor/dentist, or work, I do not pick up. If they really need to speak to me, they would leave a message. Only then do I return the call.

Do you ever wonder how some people get ahold of unlisted cell phone numbers who might call you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"No one can get to me at all. I screen all calls. If it's not my relatives, children, doctor/dentist, or work, I do not pick up. If they really need to speak to me, they would leave a message. Only then do I return the call.

Do you ever wonder how some people get ahold of unlisted cell phone numbers who might call you?

Yes, I do shin.

cc

Quote from: "shin"I get robo calls from within my area code. i used to not pick up the phone, but I feel like I might miss something important eventually.

A point on that - These robo callers now have the ability to produce your area code on your screen - no matter if they are in India or Alaska .. making it look local

They get wiser and more tricky all the time at duping people
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"I get robo calls from within my area code. i used to not pick up the phone, but I feel like I might miss something important eventually.

A point on that - These robo callers now have the ability to produce your area code on your screen - no matter if they are in India or Alaska .. making it look local

They have been doing that for a while now cc la verre.

Blazor

You know what shocked the shit out of me? I was making an automated payment for a credit card, and my total is less than $50 now so almost paid off. It instantly connected me with an operator, instead of continuing the transaction. I figured, yeah, they gonna make me an offer since I've almost paid them off, sure enough they did. BUT, what blew my mind, was at first they said "cause of hackers, we like to make this more personable. So I need you to answer a few questions. Did you ever live on any of these 3 streets?" and she named a street I lived on with my mom 22 years ago! Then she asked if I was ever affiliated with any of 3 companies, and she named a job I worked at 22 years ago! Crazy! The card is only 8 years old, how the hell they had that kind of info blows my mind.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Whats really nice is when someone puts their phone number as contact info on price inquiry's. Immediate flooding of phone calls. Then because I try to be helpful I'm an ass for bringing it up. Sheesh......
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

@realAzhyaAryola

Next time someone calls and you happen to pick up and they are silent just say, "Did you receive the check I sent you?" See what happens. Heehee.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Next time someone calls and you happen to pick up and they are silent just say, "Did you receive the check I sent you?" See what happens. Heehee.

lol, I will try that Azhya.

shin

The FCC says it's going to start intervening by making efforts to block some of the more common robo calls.

It's all fun and games for them until they step on the wrong toes.

shin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Next time someone calls and you happen to pick up and they are silent just say, "Did you receive the check I sent you?" See what happens. Heehee.

ac_toofunny  I must try this.

Got any more funny tips for dealing with scammers?

shin

Quote from: "Blazor"

You know what shocked the shit out of me? I was making an automated payment for a credit card, and my total is less than $50 now so almost paid off. It instantly connected me with an operator, instead of continuing the transaction. I figured, yeah, they gonna make me an offer since I've almost paid them off, sure enough they did. BUT, what blew my mind, was at first they said "cause of hackers, we like to make this more personable. So I need you to answer a few questions. Did you ever live on any of these 3 streets?" and she named a street I lived on with my mom 22 years ago! Then she asked if I was ever affiliated with any of 3 companies, and she named a job I worked at 22 years ago! Crazy! The card is only 8 years old, how the hell they had that kind of info blows my mind.

I figure they got that information the same way background check companies do... but I wouldn't know exactly what it entails.

kiebers

My wife was shopping for health insurance. They required phone numbers for the quotes. We immediately started receiving telemarketing calls. We had approximately 75 calls between 11 am to 3 pm...annoying as hell. Don't think she will ever do that again...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

GORDY GAMBINO

We had approximately 75 calls between 11 am to 3 pm...I get about the same

from women
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE