The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

We are being flooded with far too many immigrants/refugees while 40% of Canadian jobs will disappear

Started by Anonymous, March 29, 2017, 06:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
I guess it's mostly different from cities to cities, plus I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA is already saturated with U grads all over the place competing for jobs, along with our city population keeps rising while it's rare for immigrants to invest in a new business here.  ac_umm

Or maybe your brother simply did not see a job opening at the time that was a fit for him.

Yea and that too, though I found it really weird how he likes to keep his minimum wage job at the hard drive manufacturer he works at.  ac_umm

He is a marketing manager for your dad now though right?

Hey, how many brothers have you got?

Zetsu

I guess it's mostly different from cities to cities, plus I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA is already saturated with U grads all over the place competing for jobs, along with our city population keeps rising while it's rare for immigrants to invest in a new business here.  ac_umm

Or maybe your brother simply did not see a job opening at the time that was a fit for him.

Yea and that too, though I found it really weird how he likes to keep his minimum wage job at the hard drive manufacturer he works at.  ac_umm

Yep, lol only 2 brothers, my other brother used to be a security guard, Canadian military, high school teacher in Hong Kong, news reporter/journalist, maximum security correctional service, but now he works at my dad's place too.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
The problem with these jobs is there's too many people competing over them, at least that was my brothers case 20 years ago.  The place my eldest brother works at, the pay was wasn't really that good while skills and education background where still required in the lab environment they work at, but one thing he really like was all his colleges were really nice and friendly that made him want to stay.  Even I have to agree it's weird and strange hearing from my brother saying he would rather work in Toronto instead of being employed by my dad and get to work as a marketing manager.

Your brother is not employed in the family business Zetsu?

My oldest brother went back first, but now my 2nd brother went back too to help out my dad since he's getting a bit too old for the job.

Anonymous

Yep, lol only 2 brothers, my other brother used to be a security guard, Canadian military, high school teacher in Hong Kong, news reporter/journalist, maximum security correctional service, but now he works at my dad's place too.

That is quite the varied cv he has.

I have two sisters,one older, one younger.

Zetsu

That is quite the varied cv he has.

I have two sisters,one older, one younger.

Yea, though it's more of his bad habits I have to admit lol, trying out new jobs and getting difference experiences, not really loyal to his employer but at least he's insanely loyal to his gf.  If my mom was your mom she would be a happy person, considering she always wanted a daughter to talk to but ended up with me and my 2 brothers instead, lol.

Anonymous

Zetsu, what is your opinion of the op? There will be fewer and fewer jobs, but we keep pushing the population higher through mass immigration. Yay or nay for you.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Zetsu, what is your opinion of the op? There will be fewer and fewer jobs, but we keep pushing the population higher through mass immigration. Yay or nay for you.

It might sound kinda hypocritical for me to say this, but I've been tired of how the liberals are trying to destroy every bit and part of Canada's culture and tradition, only lowering standards and cheapenize our citizenship to 3rd world immigrants and refugees.  The economy and wealth is one thing I'm worried about too, but it just doesn't come close to the peace that is lost in our communities.  In the end I'm pretty much all nay when it comes to anything related to Trudeau's policy.

Anonymous

It might sound kinda hypocritical for me to say this, but I've been tired of how the liberals are trying to destroy every bit and part of Canada's culture and tradition, only lowering standards and cheapenize our citizenship to 3rd world immigrants and refugees.  The economy and wealth is one thing I'm worried about too, but it just doesn't come close to the peace that is lost in our communities.  In the end I'm pretty much all nay when it comes to anything related to Trudeau's policy.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you are saying Zetsu and I agree. We see from the failed European experience that it is not possible to assimilate millions of Muslims. Islam is about us submitting not Islam assimilating.

Large scale immigration/mass population growth is a suicidal policy that all political parties in Canada support.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Large scale immigration/mass population growth is a suicidal policy that all political parties in Canada support.

I used to buy the bullshit from big business, and big government that rapidly boosting the population was good for Canadians.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Large scale immigration/mass population growth is a suicidal policy that all political parties in Canada support.

I used to buy the bullshit from big business, and big government that rapidly boosting the population was good for Canadians.

Technology is eliminating jobs, and we are bringing in more labour to compete for fewer jobs. The result is a dream come true for business as they are able to lower wages. Government, both left and right are the enablers of this dismantling of the middle class.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"

Technology is eliminating jobs, and we are bringing in more labour to compete for fewer jobs. The result is a dream come true for business as they are able to lower wages. Government, both left and right are the enablers of this dismantling of the middle class.

Though I might be a little bit bias, but IMO automation isn't really bad as it seems, in the end both consumer and business can greatly benefit from reduced cost.  Even in China with wages only 1/3 of Canada's we've already shifted to a lot of heavy machinery, automation and starting to go into robotic arms for the next phase.  And lets be honest as much as customers want cheap products business need cheap wages too to earn a net profit or stay in competition;  Plus being in the 21st century we've adopted a lot of military tech, using smartphones and will soon have contact lens that can give us vision like a terminator, as long as we continue marching ahead, we'll need at least one of the 3 in order to stay ahead of the race, skill/experience, education or willing to invest in capital means.  And I'd hate to say this but unskilled labour being back by minimum wage or unions or government welfare are already very fortunate to live in a luxury first world while at the same time they're just dragging everyone backwards with them.

Anonymous

QuoteThough I might be a little bit bias, but IMO automation isn't really bad as it seems, in the end both consumer and business can greatly benefit from reduced cost. Even in China with wages only 1/3 of Canada's we've already shifted to a lot of heavy machinery, automation and starting to go into robotic arms for the next phase. And lets be honest as much as customers want cheap products business need cheap wages too to earn a net profit or stay in competition; Plus being in the 21st century we've adopted a lot of military tech, using smartphones and will soon have contact lens that can give us vision like a terminator, as long as we continue marching ahead, we'll need at least one of the 3 in order to stay ahead of the race, skill/experience, education or willing to invest in capital means. And I'd hate to say this but unskilled labour being back by minimum wage or unions or government welfare are already very fortunate to live in a luxury first world while at the same time they're just dragging everyone backwards with them.

In the op, it is not about manufacturing. Automation has been replacing repetitive tasks for decades. The next phase of is eliminating service and white collar jobs. This is happening while every government for the past 26 years has pursued a policy of more immigrants is better. The result will be more people competing for fewer jobs. This will lower wages and benefits for those lucky enough to have a job. The end of the middle class in Canada is coming and it has the blessing of all the political parties.