News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

This certainly does not surprise me......

Started by Obvious Li, May 30, 2013, 06:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

any interaction with today's utes will confirm this study......

How clever are you? Western IQs dropping, new study says Add to ...

Peter Scowen,The Globe and Mail,Published Wednesday, May. 29 2013, 12:47 PM EDT

A new study says the average IQ in Western countries has dropped 14 points since the Victorian era, .

("The Victorian era" is the name given to the 63-year reign of Britain's Queen Victoria, from 1837-1901, a period of growth and innovation that was considered the pinnacle of British power, confidence and global influence.)

"The Victorian era was marked by an explosion of innovation and genius, per capita rates of which appear to have declined subsequently," according to the abstract of the study published last week in the journal Intelligence.

It turns out that visual reaction times, thought to be a basic measure of human intelligence, have been measured since 1889. Researchers took all the age-matched data on reaction times from then until 2004, calculated out the variables and determined that there had been an average decline of 1.23 IQ points per decade, for a total decline since the Victorian era of 14 points.

"These findings strongly indicate that ... the Victorians were substantially cleverer than modern Western populations," the study's authors declared.

One explanation for the decline is the fact that, according to other recent studies, intelligent women tend to have fewer children even as the planet's population explodes. That means there are fewer high IQ children in a bigger population, which would bring down the average.

IQ scores are devised so that the mean score is always 100, with a standard deviation of 15 points either way. This means that, at the current rate of decline, in another 200 years an IQ of 75 will become the mean.

Under today's measurements, a person with an IQ of 75 has a 50/50 chance of getting into high school,

Romero

There's no way people in the Victorian era had higher IQ's or were more intelligent. Even the smartest back then had barely any basic understanding of science, medicine, technology etc. Today's world would seem like its run by Black Magic.

Imagine if we could test people from both today and the 19th century. It would be no contest.

Visual reaction times? That's just a partial test of intelligence. You can't tell the IQ of a person simply by their visual reaction time.

The idea that people are going to be dumber hundreds of years from now is ridiculous. The human species has never been more intelligent and we're only getting smarter.

Especially our youth.

cc

Right. Higher IQ folk are having far less offspring than lower IQ folk. That has always been the case. We all know that from deep demographics and personal observation.

Put that alongside an understanding of how genetics works and the end result is not hard to figure out .. for survivors (or maybe throwbacks) who still have a reasonably high IQ.

Technological advance, often falsely used to demonstrate human improvement, merely feeds upon itself and thus evolves on its own to get better, each discovery making the next one a lot easier. Without the current level of technological advance to help us we would be in big trouble.

This explainable human devolution would explain why today's world is run so poorly ... so poorly that  not a single wise leader comes to mind.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Obvious Li

IQ scores are devised so that the mean score is always 100, with a standard deviation of 15 points either way. This means that, at the current rate of decline, in another 200 years an IQ of 75 will become the mean.

if memory serves (someone can correct) in the american court system an IQ of 70 is the cut off whereby an accused can be held competent to stand trial, without them being classed as unable to understand the proceedings against them....at the rate we are going, homero notwithstanding, the average western whitey should be there soon.....what a fucking tragic turn of events........and as far as homy goes it is clear he has never read a book written pre 1900.....the use of a complex and vibrant english language, even among commoners hasn't been surpassed since....as opposed to todays ebonics ..he axed me to fuck u up...........

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Right. Higher IQ folk are having far less offspring than lower IQ folk. That has always been the case. We all know that from deep demographics and personal observation.

Put that alongside an understanding of how genetics works and the end result is not hard to figure out .. for survivors (or maybe throwbacks) who still have a reasonably high IQ.

Technological advance, often falsely used to demonstrate human improvement, merely feeds upon itself and thus evolves on its own to get better, each discovery making the next one a lot easier. Without the current level of technological advance to help us we would be in big trouble.

This explainable human devolution would explain why today's world is run so poorly ... so poorly that  not a single wise leader comes to mind.

We need to fuck.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

heinzy

It is absolutely absurd to ascertain  a correlation between intelligence  and , not fertility but , the willingness to sacrifice some hedonism as parent in ones life.

A prime example had been given by the Manhattan Project. When Los Alamos - a military compound  which only had to be referred to as P.O. Box 1663  - started with  r & d for the atomic bomb, hundreds of Americas brightest and best scientists were summoned to that then primitive area. The  quickly build prefab huts for the married couples , most in their twenties and early thirties , had in the beginning no elec. power, there was no t.v or movie or any theater, no diversion at all ,bexcept visiting friends. As a completely unforeseen  consequence the bomb builders experienced an explosion in births , way too many for General Groves liking because all those new babies and their moms needed additional services and facilities ; as their pace of birth was registered 'P.O. Box 1663' .  During the first year 80 babies were born after Nagasaki there were 330 kiddies were crawling around in that  'post office box'.

Cut all electricity off for 3 years and Canada's fertility rate will spike through the roof ... :P

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"IQ scores are devised so that the mean score is always 100, with a standard deviation of 15 points either way. This means that, at the current rate of decline, in another 200 years an IQ of 75 will become the mean.

if memory serves (someone can correct) in the american court system an IQ of 70 is the cut off whereby an accused can be held competent to stand trial, without them being classed as unable to understand the proceedings against them....at the rate we are going, homero notwithstanding, the average western whitey should be there soon.....what a fucking tragic turn of events........and as far as homy goes it is clear he has never read a book written pre 1900.....the use of a complex and vibrant english language, even among commoners hasn't been surpassed since....as opposed to todays ebonics ..he axed me to fuck u up...........

You realize you're trying to argue that you have a lower IQ than people from the 19th century?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"any interaction with today's utes will confirm this study......

How clever are you? Western IQs dropping, new study says Add to ...

Peter Scowen,The Globe and Mail,Published Wednesday, May. 29 2013, 12:47 PM EDT

A new study says the average IQ in Western countries has dropped 14 points since the Victorian era, .

("The Victorian era" is the name given to the 63-year reign of Britain's Queen Victoria, from 1837-1901, a period of growth and innovation that was considered the pinnacle of British power, confidence and global influence.)

"The Victorian era was marked by an explosion of innovation and genius, per capita rates of which appear to have declined subsequently," according to the abstract of the study published last week in the journal Intelligence.

It turns out that visual reaction times, thought to be a basic measure of human intelligence, have been measured since 1889. Researchers took all the age-matched data on reaction times from then until 2004, calculated out the variables and determined that there had been an average decline of 1.23 IQ points per decade, for a total decline since the Victorian era of 14 points.

"These findings strongly indicate that ... the Victorians were substantially cleverer than modern Western populations," the study's authors declared.

One explanation for the decline is the fact that, according to other recent studies, intelligent women tend to have fewer children even as the planet's population explodes. That means there are fewer high IQ children in a bigger population, which would bring down the average.

Under today's measurements, a person with an IQ of 75 has a 50/50 chance of getting into high school,

My father blames the internet for this.

GORDY GAMBINO

did ya call him a dumbass mong gook drooling tard....LOL
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"did ya call him a dumbass mong gook drooling tard....LOL

He is my father and I show him respect.

GORDY GAMBINO

does he call you grasshopper and make you snatch the pebbles from his hand like in Kung Fu movie?
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"does he call you grasshopper and make you snatch the pebbles from his hand like in Kung Fu movie?

He calls me daughter and I call him father.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"IQ scores are devised so that the mean score is always 100, with a standard deviation of 15 points either way. This means that, at the current rate of decline, in another 200 years an IQ of 75 will become the mean.

You realize you're trying to argue that you have a lower IQ than people from the 19th century?

no homy....my IQ has been clinically tested 6 times over 40 years beginning in grade 10......all 6 scores are within 8 points of each other and all significantly higher than the 75 mean average we are talking about...all of my kids scholarshiped their way through university......we are doing our part to lift the average.....how about you pedro ????.....i peg you just slightly above 75, while the pig fucker is illiterate so for him 75 is a fucking pipe dream.......i suspect the average 20 something today may never have actually read a newspaper....it is a fucking sad commentary on gen x,y or z...whatever they are now called

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"did ya call him a dumbass mong gook drooling tard....LOL

He is my father and I show him respect.

why do you let this piece of shit scumbag motherfucker continue to abuse you and the other posters in this forum....can you think of ONE constructive thing this white trash pigfucker has contributed to ANY thread....Hmmmmmm..well can you name one.???????????????

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Romero"You realize you're trying to argue that you have a lower IQ than people from the 19th century?

no homy....my IQ has been clinically tested 6 times over 40 years beginning in grade 10......all 6 scores are within 8 points of each other and all significantly higher than the 75 mean average we are talking about...all of my kids scholarshiped their way through university......we are doing our part to lift the average.....how about you pedro ????.....i peg you just slightly above 75, while the pig fucker is illiterate so for him 75 is a fucking pipe dream.......i suspect the average 20 something today may never have actually read a newspaper....it is a fucking sad commentary on gen x,y or z...whatever they are now called

Uh-huh. So apparently the "average western whitey" has a lower IQ than people from the 19th century, but not you! You're super smart for an average western whitey!

No, it doesn't work that way. According to your op, you and your kids have lower IQ. You and your kids aren't any more intellectual than most average western whiteys, so you either agree with the study or you don't.

I disagree. I believe that you, your kids and most of us are more intelligent than people from the 19th century. Tell me I'm wrong.

"Any interaction with today's utes will confirm this study".

That's not a very nice thing to say about your own children and their friends. Sorry, but you're not the only one who has great kids. Do you really think that your offspring and their friends will have an IQ of only 75 two hundred years from now? I don't think so.

"Scholarshiped"?