Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Seven deadly sins / Vices / Pet peeves

Started by shin, April 09, 2017, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

When I was younger, I was abundantly lustful and I am pleased that I am no longer abundantly lustful today. I dread the idea of being a sloth. How can I accomplish anything being a sloth? Wrath, no. I do not possess that. Gluttony, no. I want to have control. Greed, no. I have been the recipient of kindness and goodness from others that I aim to give that same kindness and goodness back but not to forum trolls.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

My pet peeve is people who are too sure of themselves, fooling us into believing they know things we don't know or they are too hot they are God's gifts to the opposite sex. These misfits annoy me. Phonies are my pet peeve too, people who don't act on their promises or have fake laughter or unable to show sincerity.

People who say this: "Oh, it's your birthday. I have something for you. I'll bring it tomorrow." But that whatever it is never shows up ever. I'd rather they not say that because it's just so fake. I'd be embarrassed to do that to anyone.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Worshiping another human being is another pet peeve of mine. I don't follow the royals though I may acknowledge the little prince and princess are cute but so are many tots their age. I don't believe in exalting the royals, the pope, musicians, celebrities like their butts don't stink. They're human too like the rest of us. I may enjoy a Celine Dion concert but I'm not going to go gaga over her.

That's all folks.

The End
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Mine is lust.

We have something in common.

shin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Worshiping another human being is another pet peeve of mine. I don't follow the royals though I may acknowledge the little prince and princess are cute but so are many tots their age. I don't believe in exalting the royals, the pope, musicians, celebrities like their butts don't stink. They're human too like the rest of us. I may enjoy a Celine Dion concert but I'm not going to go gaga over her.

That's all folks.

The End

You had a lot to say, Azhya.

I hope I can bring you out of hiding more often. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"Assuming we are all works in progress when it comes to virtue...

Which of these "seven deadly sins" do you identify with the most, and what is it about them that might compel you in striving to be a better person?

Uxuria / Lust

Gula / Gluttony

Avaritia / Greed

Acedia / Sloth

Ira / Wrath

Invidia / Envy

Superbia / Pride

Also, do you think you have an uncommon vice or even a pet peeve that others might feel the same way about?

This may surprise some people, but l get feelings of lust and not always only for my husband..

My pet peeve is whining.

I think it's quite healthy to have feelings of lust or longing. Wouldn't you say it's better to feel too much than to feel too little?

If I look once, I can't help it..

If I look a second time or more, it's wilful.

Renee

Wrath....I have a very short fuse and it gets lit very easily.

Pride....I'm very stiff necked and have difficulty admitting to my faults or admitting when I'm wrong...which BTW is almost never... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Wrath....I have a very short fuse and it gets lit very easily.

Pride....I'm very stiff necked and have difficulty admitting to my faults or admitting when I'm wrong...which BTW is almost never... :laugh3:

I would assume being wrong leads to getting angry, at least with yourself.

shin

Quote from: "Renee"Wrath....I have a very short fuse and it gets lit very easily.

The Wrath of Renee should be a level of Dante's Inferno.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

The Wrath of Renee should be a level of Dante's Inferno.  ac_biggrin

:laugh:

Angry White Male

I'm pretty well rounded, and have no major vices other than drinking too much from time to time.  However, I usually keep myself out of trouble, and generally don't cause problems bigger than I can get myself out of!

Fash, everyone looks at beautiful people...  My ex-wife/current partner was good that way!  I'd catch a glimpse of the 20 year old blonde, and she'd be like, "she's cute, isn't she?"  Well, to be honest?  Yes, she was cute!  Everyone does it, and it would be silly to pretend that people don't like to look at beautiful people!

My pet-peeve is stupid people, and their kids.  People that are oblivious to their surroundings and to others around them, since they are just too fucking stupid to think that far ahead.  Sadly, their kids will be stupid also, since they are taught by stupid people.  Common sense lacking frustrates me, and there is no doubt some genetical lines that should be sterilized...

Anonymous

Do you drink less now that you are back with your wife?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Do you drink less now that you are back with your wife?

We don't live together.

However, when we did live together, I did drink less...  Having someone else around meant less time to piss it up...

I'll be honest...  People are often better off living with others...

Bricktop

Everyone who doesn't live with you is MUCH better off.