Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

ATTN: Mel

Started by Blurt, June 01, 2017, 10:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realgrimm

https://68.media.tumblr.com/adc22bacdb0ae94e41d98f8df169f8e1/tumblr_oqxiw2Uq2B1ris16so1_1280.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Blurt"Buddy Holly's dead.

When did this happen?

Coincidentally, that's also the number of brain cells Mel destroyed in the last 10 minutes.

If alcoholism is a disease, why is it socially acceptable to mock it?

Would we laugh if someone mocked pancreatic cancer or coronary heart disease?

Depends if the joke was funny or not.

I can't think of any way to tell a joke about someone suffering from cancer that would not be in bad taste. But, I'm not that creative though.

Mel's boozing on the other hand is fair game in my opinion.

Renee

When did this happen?

Coincidentally, that's also the number of brain cells Mel destroyed in the last 10 minutes.

Who said anything about "socially acceptable"?

I post what I want, when I want and where I want....

I'm a lone wolf..... ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Berry Sweet

When did this happen?

Alcoholism is NOT a "disease"...they just classify it as one , its easier to make excuses than it is to actually admit it....alcoholism IS a choice.

Anyone who drinks chooses to go to a liquor, beer and wine store or bar and purchase their booze...they are asking for it.

People dont ask for ask for Cancer...they dont go circling the block asking people of they have any cancer they can spare....they dont go to clinics asking for cancer.

And if one gets cancer from drinking its his own damn fault.

Cancer can kill you, you dont have a choice....with alcohol you CAN choose to stop and have a better life...it wont kill you.  It costs nothing to go to AA or even help your fuckin self....but with cancer, ypu gotta fork out $$$$ to get well and its a chance you wont even survive it....families go bankrupt over this and end up homeless.

Berry Sweet

Sadess story I ever read was a womans husband got cancer..they had 2 children, good jobs, a house...they sold their home to pay for the cancer treatments...the wife couldnt work anymore cause she needed to take care of her husband..he ended up dying and leaving his wife and 2 kids with no money and living in a car.

So yeah, alcohol os not a disease, its a choice.

Anonymous

Quotewith alcohol you CAN choose to stop and have a better life.

I don't know about that. If someone is physically addicted to the firewater, they can't quit.

I will leave it at that. I am not a medical expert.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

When did this happen?

Depends if the joke was funny or not.

I can't think of any way to tell a joke about someone suffering from cancer that would not be in bad taste. But, I'm not that creative though.

Mel's boozing on the other hand is fair game in my opinion.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b3/b3f9f807a176c44322aad0d2bfec36f458d4824ca5496e602cc94a07f1c330ce.jpg">

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/1b/bb/1bbb1a_3256878.jpg">

https://jointherector.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/cancer-spreading-out.jpg">

http://e.lvme.me/b8s5j41.jpg">
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Alcoholism is an addiction. Now, are addictions diseases...IMHO (and I could be wrong) but no...they are not diseases.

But that is not to say that all addictions are within the control of the individual. Studies of addiction show that some people are either genetically, physically or emotionally more predisposed toward becoming an addict and once addicted, have a harder time getting clean. This is why rates of addiction recovery are so low.

I think that much of the push to classify addiction as a disease is economic. The business of addiction treatment and  recovery is costly and classifying it as a medical condition engages funding that wouldn't otherwise be available.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Just to put this into perspective regarding Mel, he's gone around making cracks about me having MS including telling people I shit the bed and that I've died.  Disease or not, I'm going to laugh my ass off at all the zingers Renee throws at his liquoured ass.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Just to put this into perspective regarding Mel, he's gone around making cracks about me having MS including telling people I shit the bed and that I've died.  Disease or not, I'm going to laugh my ass off at all the zingers Renee throws at his liquoured ass.

You have good reason to throw shit(no pun intended) right back at him. And I know he can be a goof when he drinks.

But, I 've heard alcoholism is in fact a disease. Again, I'm no expert.

Renee

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"Just to put this into perspective regarding Mel, he's gone around making cracks about me having MS including telling people I shit the bed and that I've died.  Disease or not, I'm going to laugh my ass off at all the zingers Renee throws at his liquoured ass.

You have good reason to throw shit(no pun intended) right back at him. And I know he can be a goof when he drinks.

But, I 've heard alcoholism is in fact a disease. Again, I'm no expert.

There are movements out there that want to classify homosexuality as disease....gun violence as a disease,....being unable to shut your cell phone off as a disease.....it's all about money and it's all bullshit.

At best alcoholism, like any other addiction has it roots in mental illness. Unfortunately the term "mental illness" has become a catch all for every social disorder and phobia under the sun.

realgrimm

http://assets.lolhell.com/hashed_silo_content/2f9/c5b/554/resized/bulk-upload-728ef2.jpg">

realgrimm

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Cancer+isn+t+funny+small+lol+small_07e49c_4197546.jpg">

Blurt

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Blurt is an attention skank.

Whereas you're just a straight-up skank.

We know, Ayzh, we know.

No need to rub it in.

("Rub it in," get it? Of course you do. You're a Filipina.)
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Renee

Okay we all know your aren't dead and we all know you don't shit the bed BUT you have been known to shit yourself at the sight of a nasty raccoon.

https://historymaniacmegan.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/raccoon_taxidermy_family_photo_with_hyper_child_by_meddling_with_nature-d52aeyb.jpg?w=300&h=228">