Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A hatchet, buried, perchance...

Started by Bricktop, June 07, 2017, 09:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I'm sure it would.

But, as far as I can tell, The Blue Cashew is not the Alberta government. At least I hope not.

I'm not insane enough to post my resume in detail on this board (or on any other public, anonymous board, for that matter).

I studied mechanical engineering at the University of Manitoba . I didn't complete my program.

That's not so insane now is it.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt":confused1:

The point is you can give some details without revealing too much.

Blurt

Ah. Yes.

But one man's "little" is another man's "ID heaven."

(Can you tell that struggling with the effects of SMP's real world stalking has left a scar?)
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Ah. Yes.

(Can you tell that struggling with the effects of SMP's real world stalking has left a scar?)

Who or what?

Bricktop

I get it...but I never quite understand this desperation for anonymity on the web.

You would engage in conversation with a stranger sitting next to you on a bus, train or aircraft, and tell him or her your life's history...but on the web, fear pervades all.

If you genuinely have a reason to fear that knowledge of who you are should become known, maybe the internet isn't for you.

I've never hidden myself in web forums, and that includes Brawl Hall...and here I am...

We should not be afraid to tell people about us.

Renee

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I get it...but I never quite understand this desperation for anonymity on the web.

You would engage in conversation with a stranger sitting next to you on a bus, train or aircraft, and tell him or her your life's history...but on the web, fear pervades all.

Do you actually do that?

If so you are that guy I dread sitting next to every time I travel.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Yes.

A recent flight between Singapore and Siem Reap, Cambodia was interesting.

I sat next to an American. 2 and half hours of national self loathing later, we finally landed...this guy HATED his own country. He was also Jewish. I don't know if that was relevant.

I don't speak to females, though. They either think you're trying to hit on them...or they think they just got lucky. Either way, after ten minutes you're desperate to put the headphones on and watch old episodes of Baywatch just to shut her up.

Renee

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

I sat next to an American. 2 and half hours of national self loathing later, we finally landed...this guy HATED his own country. He was also Jewish. I don't know if that was relevant.

I don't speak to females, though. They either think you're trying to hit on them...or they think they just got lucky. Either way, after ten minutes you're desperate to put the headphones on and watch old episodes of Baywatch just to shut her up.

I wish more people had your attitude when it comes to talking to women on planes....I loath fellow travelers that want to gab, male or female.

I always travel with an Ipod and a kindle. I make it very obvious that I don't even want to know that you are there next to me. I don't care who you are or where you are from or where you are going and I especially don't want to hear your inane thoughts on life. I especially hate nervous fliers. Those are the worst.  

As long as you keep to yourself....and you don't smell.....I'm thrilled.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Renee"As long as you keep to yourself....and you don't smell.....I'm thrilled.

And as long as you buy two seats, your fellow passenger is thrilled also...

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Renee"As long as you keep to yourself....and you don't smell.....I'm thrilled.

And as long as you buy two seats, your fellow passenger is thrilled also...

You're the kind of person I'm talking about. Some red-faced, gin sweating, rube on his way to some low rent vacation spot.... :laugh:

BTW, I don't need two seats but I kick myself in the ass for not buying the extra ticket every time I see some slob like you stumbling down the aisle trying to figure out his seat assignment. ac_sothere

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"

I wish more people had your attitude when it comes to talking to women on planes....I loath fellow travelers that want to gab, male or female.

I always travel with an Ipod and a kindle. I make it very obvious that I don't even want to know that you are there next to me. I don't care who you are or where you are from or where you are going and I especially don't want to hear your inane thoughts on life. I especially hate nervous fliers. Those are the worst.  

On the other hand, if I sat next to you, you'd love it.

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"

On the other hand, if I sat next to you, you'd love it.

Maybe, but only if you were in the aisle seat.

Bricktop

I'm 65...nearly 66. You BET I'm in the aisle seat.

Blurt

If you genuinely have a reason to fear that knowledge of who you are should become known, maybe the internet isn't for you.

I've never hidden myself in web forums, and that includes Brawl Hall...and here I am...

We should not be afraid to tell people about us.

Nice sentiments, Leo, but a bit naive.

Revealing PI about yourself on these forums is all fine and dandy, but some folks lust after that kind of info. Folks who don't have the saintliest of intentions.

SMP is a case in point; notoriously, he gathers such info in order to fuel his attacks on members in real life, threatening their livelihoods. He did it to Ghost, he did it to Gordy, and he did it to my brother.

Having said this, my own life is pretty unremarkable, and I don't particularly have anything to hide. In fact--and this may come as no surprise to you--I have a strong exhibitionist streak (not sexually, but as far as my candour goes). The problem is that those close to me would like to hold on to their jobs. Admittedly, this is a moot point when it comes to my ex (who was the mayor's Chief of Staff); first, because she's my ex, and, second, because she no longer works at the City (hell, she no longer even lives in Canada--she married an American last fall and settled somewhere in the Pacific Northwest). Needless to say, expressing (or even talking about) my transgender identity was verboten during the eight years we spent together; she claims it would have put her career at risk. And then there's my little brother. Revealing too much about my life will inevitably reveal something about his as well. SMP has already gotten in touch with his employers and his employers have advised my bro to stay away from online venues where stalkers ply their trade.

I know myself, though. It's almost inevitable that I will be revealing stuff about myself, just because I'm not the type of person who lives in fear. I'm sure Azhya, for one, will be waiting with baited breath for all the exciting, juicy tidbits.
Aimin\' to misbehave.