The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Lawmaker Scalise wounded, one person in custody

Started by kiebers, June 14, 2017, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"Raw Story is just an example. I've already said you could easily Google to find the "lefty" mainstream media isn't downplaying anything.

So, is the right-wing media responsible for right-wing shooters? I don't believe so. What a shame that you need to politicize this.

We'll look at this, the hypocrite speaks again.....no surprise here.

How many shootings have you tried to politicise by screaming hysterically about guns and the NRA?...if I say all of them, I wouldn't be too far from 100% correct.

How many times have your tried to politicise the abortion issue or any woman's rights issue mentioned on these forums....Again, about 100% of them.

Please do not lecture me about politicising hot button issues or unfortunate tragedies....You've been roundly smacked for doing it in the past too many times to even count.

Once again you have no shame showing off what a little weasel you are.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Thiel

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteHere's what accused gunman James Hodgkinson posted on social media before firing at GOP lawmakers

The man suspected of opening fire on Republican congressmen during a baseball practice was an enthusiastic Bernie Sanders supporter on social media and an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump..

James Hodgkinson, of Belleville, Illinois, has been identified as the gunman who shot and wounded GOP whip Steve Scalise, Rep. Roger Williams (R-TX) and three others Wednesday morning at a ball field in Alexandria, Virginia.

The 66-year-old Hodgkinson, who was killed by Capitol police during the incident, owned a home inspection business, but he indicated on Facebook that he ended his involvement with the company at the end of last year.

Hodgkinson maintained two Facebook pages, which he posted to as recently as Monday, and both used images of Sanders as a profile picture or cover image.

He also maintained a Twitter account but tweeted only seven times, most recently in April.

Rep. Ron DeSantis said Hodgkinson appeared to be the same man who asked him before the shooting whether Democrats or Republicans were practicing on the field.

Hodgkinson didn't make any specific social media threats against any of the lawmakers he's accused of shooting, but he liked a political cartoon in 2015 after Scalise gave a speech to a white supremacist group.

His last post, which he made Monday evening, repeatedly described the president as as "assh*le" in reaction to a news story he shared about Cabinet members praising Trump during a meeting.

Hodgkinson followed numerous media outlets, including Raw Story and other left-leaning news sites, and activist groups on Facebook, and he frequently signed online petitions that he then shared on social media.

After the primaries, Hodgkinson appeared to support Green Party candidate Jill Stein and shared anti-Hillary Clinton stories from RT, the state-run Russia media outlet.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/heres-what-accused-gunman-james-hodgkinson-posted-on-social-media-before-firing-at-gop-lawmakers/">//http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/heres-what-accused-gunman-james-hodgkinson-posted-on-social-media-before-firing-at-gop-lawmakers/

Complete with plenty of screen shots, links and sources.

See anything missing, Renee?

Since when is "rawstory.com" a mainstream media outlet? It's about as mainstream as The Daily Kos.

Again....learn to read and try not to disingenuously twist what you read to fit your argument points. I know that is hard for you...but try.

At least it comes out that "rawstory" does indeed attract the kind of insane liberal that really should be locked up in the booby hatch. I wonder how many more crazies read that leftwing trash?...

BTW, haven't you quoted a few "rawstory" opinion pieces to bolster the little "gotcha" attempts that you are famous for?..... :laugh3:

Any adult that quotes rawstory  probably believes in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.
gay, conservative and proud

Thiel

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"Rumor has it the shooter asked his victims on the field if they were Republican or Democrat, once he got his answer, he opened fire.

This may or may not be true. But if it is true, you won't be hearing that out of many of the mainstream lefty news outlets. They will sweep it under the rug just as they have for all the other progtard fascism since Trump has been elected.

I already read that on mainstream "left" news this morning (Reuters)

Bernie has also responded:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCSyKMhVoAEL_2T.jpg">

Yeah so?....Do you honestly think this is going to get any traction beyond today or possibly tomorrow?

The truth is, the actions of the radical far left in this country have not been properly addressed since before the last election cycle. This latest incident will just emboldened them on to further violent actions with even deadlier consequences.

The authorities have no problem crawling up the ass of crazy rightwing organizations but for some strange reason, violent leftwing nutty snowflakes are coddled and given unlimited number of passes for their uncivilized anti-American behavior. Take the Berkley riots for just one example. Those who perpetrated it and those on the faculty who instigated it, still go largely unpunished. Those that have been punished....their situations has scarcely been covered in the mainstream media...After all why would the media supporters of the so-called Antifa movement want to alert the sheep that they might have to face a consequence for the behavior?

This problem goes squarely back to the last administration....Odumbo was a product of the loony left. He was a certified card carrying member of the radical progs. His affiliation with the reverend Wright and that scumbag murderer Bill Ayers was proof enough of his ideological sympathies. The media downplayed that critical truth and mark my words, they will do it here as well.
Bernie Sanders supporters were/are an intolerant bunch who think they are above the law. It's his supporters who shut down anyone from speaking university campuses they disagree. They are a bunch of Nazi brown shirts.

Renee

Quote from: "Thiel"Any adult that quotes rawstory  probably believes in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.

You can throw the "Huff and Puff Post" and "Think Progress" in that category as well.... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Thiel

Quote from: "Thiel"Any adult that quotes rawstory  probably believes in the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.

You can throw the "Huff and Puff Post" and "Think Progress" in that category as well.... :laugh3:

You can add AlterNet, Common Dreams, The Intercept and The Real News to that list. Calling them "alternative" is a polite way of saying they are phony baloney.

cc

Quote from: "Thiel"

You can add AlterNet, Common Dreams, The Intercept and The Real News to that list. Calling them "alternative" is a polite way of saying they are phony baloney.
And don't forget Soros's so sweet Media Matters
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Thiel

Quote from: "cc"

And don't forget Soros's so sweet Media Matters

How could I forget that fine example of journalistic objectivity. ac_toofunny

Romero

QuoteMultiple members of Congress reported receiving death threats Wednesday after a man opened fire on a team of Republicans practicing for the Congressional Baseball Game, leaving multiple people injured.

Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) told local reporter Nick Reisman that she received a threatening email after the shooting in Alexandria, Virginia.

"One down, 216 to go," the email's subject line read, according to Reisman's report.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told Mic that other members received similar threats suggesting "Dems are next."

"We've not seen any in our office, but yeah, several [members of Congress] mentioned it today that," Ryan said. "We've got to take it down a notch, or two, or three. Cool it."

Rep. Nanette Barragán (D-Calif.) said House members discussed the threats at an all-House meeting after the shooting and noted that "toning down divisive rhetoric" is necessary, according to a report from BuzzFeed News' Ema O'Connor.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi both called for a culture of respect and bipartisanship in speeches on the House floor after the shooting.

"We are united in our shock, we are united in our anguish," Ryan said. "An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us."

Pelosi made similar comments.

"Every time I pray, I pray for all of you," Pelosi said, saying she often worries about politicians being targets of violence. "We are called for a purpose to this body. ... This is an occasion that brings us together, not divides us further."

https://mic.com/articles/179964/democratic-members-of-congress-report-receiving-death-threats-after-alexandria-shooting#.RfU5TB3tF">//https://mic.com/articles/179964/democratic-members-of-congress-report-receiving-death-threats-after-alexandria-shooting#.RfU5TB3tF

RW

Yeah so?....Do you honestly think this is going to get any traction beyond today or possibly tomorrow?

So?  So my point is that "lefty" media has covered the story including the inquiry piece so your assertion that they wouldn't cover it is incorrect.

Does anything gets more than a couple days of air play these days?

QuoteThe truth is, the actions of the radical far left in this country have not been properly addressed since before the last election cycle. This latest incident will just emboldened them on to further violent actions with even deadlier consequences.

I am not seeing a rise in violent left wing radicalism, but political radicalism is seemingly regularly eclipsed by the Islamic boogeyman bullshit or whatever stupid shit has come of out Trump's mouth today.

QuoteThe authorities have no problem crawling up the ass of crazy rightwing organizations but for some strange reason, violent leftwing nutty snowflakes are coddled and given unlimited number of passes for their uncivilized anti-American behavior.

Do you have an evidence of this?

QuoteTake the Berkley riots for just one example. Those who perpetrated it and those on the faculty who instigated it, still go largely unpunished. Those that have been punished....their situations has scarcely been covered in the mainstream media...After all why would the media supporters of the so-called Antifa movement want to alert the sheep that they might have to face a consequence for the behavior?

They were arrested.  Now it's a matter for the courts.  

QuoteThis problem goes squarely back to the last administration....Odumbo was a product of the loony left. He was a certified card carrying member of the radical progs. His affiliation with the reverend Wright and that scumbag murderer Bill Ayers was proof enough of his ideological sympathies. The media downplayed that critical truth and mark my words, they will do it here as well.

The "critical truth" being what exactly?  That leftist exist and can be violent at times?  Is that something that isn't known amoung the general populace?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteMultiple members of Congress reported receiving death threats Wednesday after a man opened fire on a team of Republicans practicing for the Congressional Baseball Game, leaving multiple people injured.

Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) told local reporter Nick Reisman that she received a threatening email after the shooting in Alexandria, Virginia.

"One down, 216 to go," the email's subject line read, according to Reisman's report.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told Mic that other members received similar threats suggesting "Dems are next."

"We've not seen any in our office, but yeah, several [members of Congress] mentioned it today that," Ryan said. "We've got to take it down a notch, or two, or three. Cool it."

Rep. Nanette Barragán (D-Calif.) said House members discussed the threats at an all-House meeting after the shooting and noted that "toning down divisive rhetoric" is necessary, according to a report from BuzzFeed News' Ema O'Connor.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi both called for a culture of respect and bipartisanship in speeches on the House floor after the shooting.

"We are united in our shock, we are united in our anguish," Ryan said. "An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us."

Pelosi made similar comments.

"Every time I pray, I pray for all of you," Pelosi said, saying she often worries about politicians being targets of violence. "We are called for a purpose to this body. ... This is an occasion that brings us together, not divides us further."

https://mic.com/articles/179964/democratic-members-of-congress-report-receiving-death-threats-after-alexandria-shooting#.RfU5TB3tF">//https://mic.com/articles/179964/democratic-members-of-congress-report-receiving-death-threats-after-alexandria-shooting#.RfU5TB3tF

I think people should be shocked to discover how many death threats public figures receive.  To call this a left or right issue is incredibly disingenuous.

(Note the above ^^ is a general statement to this post and not directed to Romero personally.)
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Romero"Raw Story is just an example. I've already said you could easily Google to find the "lefty" mainstream media isn't downplaying anything.

So, is the right-wing media responsible for right-wing shooters? I don't believe so. What a shame that you need to politicize this.

How many shootings have you tried to politicise by screaming hysterically about guns and the NRA?...if I say all of them, I wouldn't be too far from 100% correct.

How many times have your tried to politicise the abortion issue or any woman's rights issue mentioned on these forums....Again, about 100% of them.

Please do not lecture me about politicising hot button issues or unfortunate tragedies....You've been roundly smacked for doing it in the past too many times to even count.

When government decides policy, you cannot remove politics from issues like gun control, abortion, etc.  When a politician gets shot, you are damn right that it's political.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Trump says mainstream media can't be trusted.

You CON types seem to want it both ways.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

When government decides policy, you cannot remove politics from issues like gun control, abortion, etc.  When a politician gets shot, you are damn right that it's political.

This is something you Canadians don't get nor will you ever get.

Unlike your "Charter of Rights", the US Constitution grants the US citizenry certain "inalienable" rights....one of which is the right to self-defense. The 2ND Amendment speaks directly to that right as was intended as such by the framers of the US Constitution....Infringing upon, by "Politicising" the people's right to bear arms is an illegal  act. Hence the fact that the people's right to bear arm has been affirmed and up held by the the SCOTUS in DC v Heller and by extension, McDonald v The City of Chicago.

By what is written in the US Constitution and according to the SCOTUS, government authority in the US should not be allowed to set policy regarding gun control...so your point of argument has no validity. In other words, until such time that the SCOTUS reverses it's decision in DC v Heller.....discussion closed.

Thiel

Unlike your "Charter of Rights", the US Constitution grants the US citizenry certain "inalienable" rights....one of which is the right to self-defense. The 2ND Amendment speaks directly to that right as was intended as such by the framers of the US Constitution....Infringing upon, by "Politicising" the people's right to bear arms is an illegal  act. Hence the fact that the people's right to bear arm has been affirmed and up held by the the SCOTUS in DC v Heller and by extension, McDonald v The City of Chicago.

By what is written in the US Constitution and according to the SCOTUS, government authority in the US should not be allowed to set policy regarding gun control...so your point of argument has no validity. In other words, discussion closed.

I understand the American constitution is different than our Charter. But, more countries have used the Canadian model than our American counterpart since it was enacted thirty five years ago.

RW

By what is written in the US Constitution and according to the SCOTUS, government authority in the US should not be allowed to set policy regarding gun control...so your point of argument has no validity. In other words, until such time that the SCOTUS reverses it's decision in DC v Heller.....discussion closed.

I don't struggle with your 2nd Amendment rights.  I think it's stupid but it's not beyond my comprehension.

I also can't and won't pretend gun control isn't a political issue in the US.  Inalienable right or not, you do have restrictions on bearing arms.  For some reason you Americans have a hard time acknowledging existing limits.

My point stands that gun control is a political issue. Even if you want to look at it from the judicial branch of the government aka the SCOTUS, you are still in the political sphere as justices are politically appointed.

I'm not sure what exactly what I've said that you feel you invalidated but I'm not seeing it.

Sorry.
Beware of Gaslighters!