Lawmaker Scalise wounded, one person in custody

Started by kiebers, June 14, 2017, 10:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Romero"Raw Story is just an example. I've already said you could easily Google to find the "lefty" mainstream media isn't downplaying anything.

So, is the right-wing media responsible for right-wing shooters? I don't believe so. What a shame that you need to politicize this.

We'll look at this, the hypocrite speaks again.....no surprise here.

How many shootings have you tried to politicise by screaming hysterically about guns and the NRA?...if I say all of them, I wouldn't be too far from 100% correct.

How many times have your tried to politicise the abortion issue or any woman's rights issue mentioned on these forums....Again, about 100% of them.

Please do not lecture me about politicising hot button issues or unfortunate tragedies....You've been roundly smacked for doing it in the past too many times to even count.

Once again you have no shame showing off what a little weasel you are.

When government decides policy, you cannot remove politics from issues like gun control, abortion, etc.  When a politician gets shot, you are damn right that it's political.

This is something you Canadians don't get nor will you ever get.

Unlike your "Charter of Rights", the US Constitution grants the US citizenry certain "inalienable" rights....one of which is the right to self-defense. The 2ND Amendment speaks directly to that right as was intended as such by the framers of the US Constitution....Infringing upon, by "Politicising" the people's right to bear arms is an illegal  act. Hence the fact that the people's right to bear arm has been affirmed and up held by the the SCOTUS in DC v Heller and by extension, McDonald v The City of Chicago.

By what is written in the US Constitution and according to the SCOTUS, government authority in the US should not be allowed to set policy regarding gun control...so your point of argument has no validity. In other words, discussion closed.

I understand the American constitution is different than our Charter. But, more countries have used the Canadian model than our American counterpart since it was enacted thirty five years ago.

I think the Charter is an excellent constitutional document.  It's designed to allow society to evolve without these "inalienable" rights.  No rights are inalienable in Canada as long as it can be justified in a free and democratic society.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blurt

Inalienable rights are never inalienable. Social mores change.

The only possible Author of anything possibly "inalienable" is God.

And He doesn't exist.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

RW

Quote from: "Blurt"Inalienable rights are never inalienable. Social mores change.

And He doesn't exist.

We Canadians don't seem to struggle with that fact like the Americans do and I give how they've sold their constitution as the driver of that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "Romero"Raw Story is just an example. I've already said you could easily Google to find the "lefty" mainstream media isn't downplaying anything.

So, is the right-wing media responsible for right-wing shooters? I don't believe so. What a shame that you need to politicize this.

We'll look at this, the hypocrite speaks again.....no surprise here.

How many shootings have you tried to politicise by screaming hysterically about guns and the NRA?...if I say all of them, I wouldn't be too far from 100% correct.

How many times have your tried to politicise the abortion issue or any woman's rights issue mentioned on these forums....Again, about 100% of them.

Please do not lecture me about politicising hot button issues or unfortunate tragedies....You've been roundly smacked for doing it in the past too many times to even count.

Once again you have no shame showing off what a little weasel you are.

When government decides policy, you cannot remove politics from issues like gun control, abortion, etc.  When a politician gets shot, you are damn right that it's political.

This is something you Canadians don't get nor will you ever get.

Unlike your "Charter of Rights", the US Constitution grants the US citizenry certain "inalienable" rights....one of which is the right to self-defense. The 2ND Amendment speaks directly to that right as was intended as such by the framers of the US Constitution....Infringing upon, by "Politicising" the people's right to bear arms is an illegal  act. Hence the fact that the people's right to bear arm has been affirmed and up held by the the SCOTUS in DC v Heller and by extension, McDonald v The City of Chicago.

By what is written in the US Constitution and according to the SCOTUS, government authority in the US should not be allowed to set policy regarding gun control...so your point of argument has no validity. In other words, discussion closed.

I understand the American constitution is different than our Charter. But, more countries have used the Canadian model than our American counterpart since it was enacted thirty five years ago.

I think the Charter is an excellent constitutional document.  It's designed to allow society to evolve without these "inalienable" rights.  No rights are inalienable in Canada as long as it can be justified in a free and democratic society.

Justified by who? Your government can abrogate your rights at any time, using whatever justification they please.

BTW, your last statement is rather disconcerting. What you stated is that you have no natural rights in Canada (inalienable)...every right you have has been granted by your government so long as it is justifiable. Your right to life and liberty is a gift not because you are human but because your government at this time is benevolent. Not a good position to be in.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

I am not seeing a rise in violent left wing radicalism, but political radicalism is seemingly regularly eclipsed by the Islamic boogeyman bullshit or whatever stupid shit has come of out Trump's mouth today.

:roll:

TDS is a terrible affliction.

Amongst other symptoms, it apparently causes blindness.

Renee

Quote from: "Blurt"Inalienable rights are never inalienable. Social mores change.

And He doesn't exist.

We'll then basic human rights which by your leftwing philosophy are supposed to be "inalienable" don't exist.

If that is the case then any time someone bitches about the infringement of human rights they are merely stating opinion base on an ethnocentric point of view.

BTW, to date no one has been able to prove or disprove the existence of God so any take on the issue is up for grabs.....Unless you want to try and push that typical lefty horseshit that states "my opinion is more valid than yours because I'm more enlightened".... :laugh3:

Hopefully you don't want to play that card with me.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

And He doesn't exist.

We'll then basic human rights which by your leftwing philosophy are supposed to be "inalienable" don't exist.

If that is the case then any time someone bitches about the infringement of human rights they are merely stating opinion base on an ethnocentric point of view.

Of course they aren't inalienable.  If you are incarcerated, you lose many of your basic human rights.  That would count as a justifiable restriction.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Bricktop"
I am not seeing a rise in violent left wing radicalism, but political radicalism is seemingly regularly eclipsed by the Islamic boogeyman bullshit or whatever stupid shit has come of out Trump's mouth today.

:roll:

TDS is a terrible affliction.

Amongst other symptoms, it apparently causes blindness.

The media loves running with every single stupid thing that lying sack of shit says.  You think some Senator getting shot by some left wing nutjob is going to stop that?

Nope.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

RW

Quote from: "Renee"Justified by who? Your government can abrogate your rights at any time, using whatever justification they please.

BTW, your last statement is rather disconcerting. What you stated is that you have no natural rights in Canada (inalienable)...every right you have has been granted by your government so long as it is justifiable. Your right to life and liberty is a gift not because you are human but because your government at this time is benevolent. Not a good position to be in.

We have rights in Canada.  We have the same rights as you for the most part, but our first Charter right is to have our rights limited.  The reason being is sometimes our rights and freedoms can infringe on the rights and freedoms of others.  For example, we have the right to freedom of speech but we aren't allowed to utter threats, coerce, slander, lie under oath, incite hatred and violence, conspire to commit crime, etc.  Laws against these things are all limits to freedom of speech that are justified in a free society.  Again, no different than in the US.

Justification of limits is what the courts do.  Canadian courts do it in the application of government made laws, as do American courts with American government made laws.  The only difference between our countries being in this regard is the legal recognition of these limits in our Charter.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"He is identified - Sanders campaign worker

NBC NEWS

Shooter Identified As 66 Year Old James T. Hodgkinson, Anti-Trump, Bernie Sanders Supporter Who Wrote, "Time To Destroy Trump And Company"

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screen-Shot-2017-06-14-at-10.57.27-AM.png">

Oh, and he was shot dead by 2 very brave injured security forces there for the  the majority whip who was badly injured

Had these 2 not been there and taken the shooter out, it would have been a shooting gallery with many deaths

No fucking surprise. Sanders supporters are fucking crazy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Nothing known/released yet about the shooter that is in custody.
QuoteA gunman opened fire Wednesday morning on a baseball practice at a park in Alexandria involving Republican members of Congress, injuring several people including at least one lawmaker, Steve Scalise, the majority whip, according to police and a congressman.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.9f02cea8908b">http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pub ... 02cea8908b">http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/multiple-people-injured-after-shooting-in-alexandria/2017/06/14/0289c768-50f6-11e7-be25-3a519335381c_story.html?utm_term=.9f02cea8908b

Three words; Trump derangement syndrome.

Renee

Quote from: "Little Ms. Sunshine"
Quote from: "cc"He is identified - Sanders campaign worker

NBC NEWS

Shooter Identified As 66 Year Old James T. Hodgkinson, Anti-Trump, Bernie Sanders Supporter Who Wrote, "Time To Destroy Trump And Company"

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screen-Shot-2017-06-14-at-10.57.27-AM.png">

Oh, and he was shot dead by 2 very brave injured security forces there for the  the majority whip who was badly injured

Had these 2 not been there and taken the shooter out, it would have been a shooting gallery with many deaths

No fucking surprise. Sanders supporters are fucking crazy.

Sad to say....most of them are.

Almost every fucken one of them I've run across are either these gimme, gimme, you owe us a living, sissy liberals or a SJW, flaming, asshole.

If you ask me, they should all be on a "watched" list, right there with the alt-right loons. I think a lot of today's paranoia regarding extremism is grossly misplaced. Given the recent resurgence of nutty liberal violence, it's becoming a lot more likely to encounter one of the left's finest examples of the unhinged than it is coming in contact with an exploding Muslim.

Anonymous

The problem with Sanders supporters extremism is the press doesn't give it a lot of coverage.

cc

As to media - After watching progress of attacks by a certain ideology take usually days to identify the perps publicly,

I failed to note on THIS one: Race and Name were out at hyperspeed

and how quickly race became part of this story? What made THIS case special?

Less than an hour after the shooting, certain things about the gunman were already known.

He was 'middle-aged and white'.

And name was out soon after

just sayin
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell