Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

20 years for planning attack on Muslim Community

Started by RW, June 19, 2017, 01:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Tennessee man sentenced over plot to attack Muslim community

(Reuters) - A former Congressional candidate from Tennessee has been sentenced to nearly 20 years in prison for plotting to burn down a mosque, a school and a cafeteria in upstate New York, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Thursday.

Robert Doggart, 65, was sentenced on Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Chattanooga, where he was convicted in February of trying to recruit people to commit arson and violate civil rights.

Doggart was arrested by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in April 2015 after saying in wiretapped telephone calls that he planned to recruit a militia and travel to Islamberg, a rural town that is home to a small Muslim community in Hancock, New York, about 130 miles (209 km) northwest of New York City.

While there, he intended to "carry out an armed attack" that included burning down a mosque or "blowing it up with a Molotov cocktail or other explosive device," the statement said.

"I don't want to have to kill children, but there's always collateral damage," Doggart said on one of the recorded calls, according to the statement.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1962R7">http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1962R7

What a sick fuck.  I hope he enjoys the rest of his life in prison.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I guess so.

He's as bad as the the other guys who go after civilians   .. so should get same treatment
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blurt

This criminal idiot probably thought of himself as a counter-terrorist.

His views are very unpatriotic, but he doesn't know that. So weird.

Everybody's entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, except if they're small, brown children whose death is collateral damage in a Molotov-fueled culture war. Then all bets are off.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"
Everybody's entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Not if Islam gets it's way.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Or fascism.

True.

Fascism, Stalinism, Islam are all the same. No, I shouldn't say that. Islam is much bigger, richer and organized.

Anonymous

I'm surprised more Europeans are not taking the law in their own hands. Their governments aren't protecting them.

In the middle East, there would cleansing if non Islamists carried out one tenth of one per cent of  the attacks Islamists have in Europe.

cc

Of course planning to kill requires max sentencing

Aside, I'm curious. Does anyone know what sect this isolated Islamberg is?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Of course planning to kill requires max sentencing

Sunni?

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Sunni?

Likely is Sunni - but their reclusive ways indicate a sub-sect of Sunni. I'll try to find what  they are and what they are about

There have been great suspicions published for many years - but "reclusive / secret" alone may be driving that

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Sunni?

Likely is Sunni - but their reclusive ways indicate a sub-sect of Sunni. I'll try to find what  they are and what they are about

There have been great suspicions published for many years - but "reclusive / secret" alone may be driving that

Kind of like the fundamentalist Mormons.

:laugh:

cc

No one knows what kind of underwear they wear   ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"No one knows what kind of underwear they wear   ac_biggrin

:laugh: