Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

nearly one in two Canadians will get a cancer diagnosis in their lifetime

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2017, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

WINNIPEG — Nearly one in two Canadians are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, and one in four will die from the disease, a new Canadian Cancer Society report says.

The lifetime cancer risk remains greater among males at 49 percent, while 45 percent of women are expected to be diagnosed.

According to the Canadian Cancer Statistics 2017 report, nearly 90 percent of new cancer cases in Canada will be in people over 50-years-old.

The report also predicts the number of Canadian cancer cases will increase by 35 percent over the next 20 years as the population grows and ages. In Manitoba, the increase is expected to be between 50 and 60 percent.

"This is a sobering report that demonstrates how cancer touches every family in Canada and Manitoba," said Erin Crawford, senior director of public issues and community engagement for the Canadian Cancer Society.

"We need to recognize the challenges that this will impose on Manitoba's health care system as the demand grows for diagnostics, treatment, palliative care and support services."

Crawford said the latest statistics highlight the need for continued strengthening of cancer prevention efforts and early detection.

On a more positive note, the number of new cancer cases per 100,000 people continues to decline, while the number of people surviving the disease is also improving. Nearly 2.5 percent of Canadians — or 810,045 people — are living beyond their cancer diagnosis.

In Manitoba this year, four kinds of cancer will account for half of all cancer cases:

Four kinds of cancer will account for half of the cancer cases in Manitoba this year. They are:

•Lung: 910 new cases this year

•Colorectal: 870

•Breast: 860

•Prostate: 700

Crawford says half of all cancer cases can be prevented through healthy behaviours and policies that protect the public.

"This report shows the importance of taking the steps we can, whether it is having our children vaccinated or reducing the impact of second-hand smoke on patios," she added

http://www.chrisd.ca/2017/06/20/canadian-cancer-statistics-2017-report/#.WUk93GeWxjp">http://www.chrisd.ca/2017/06/20/canadia ... Uk93GeWxjp">http://www.chrisd.ca/2017/06/20/canadian-cancer-statistics-2017-report/#.WUk93GeWxjp

Anonymous

That's some sobering numbers. It's a concern for me as  I get older.

weebles

That is scary but  Getting checked on regular basis and catching it early could  increase the odds of survival significantly plus they are doing some neat stuff with Stem cells and Genetic Engineering.

GORDY GAMBINO

Derek & Clive -

"Non-Stop Dancer / My Mum Song"

[ from the album "Come Again" (1977) ]

CLIVE:Er, I met this cunt in, about eight years back and, er, he come up with the name of 'John Stitch'. He come up to me. He said, "I'm John Stitch and I, I do non-stop dancing."DEREK:What a cunt.CLIVE:The fucker. I said, "You do non-stop dancing?" He said, "Yeah." I said, "Why, why have you, why have, why are you not dancing now?"DEREK:Right.CLIVE:He said he's out of a job. So I said, "All right, Non-Stop Dancer, .....DEREK:Cunt.CLIVE:..... start dancing." And do you know what he did?DEREK:What?CLIVE:Started dancing.DEREK:What a cunt.

(begins singing)

#My Mum came into my room and sucked my little knob ..... CLIVE:Did she?DEREK:#She put her mouth round the end of it and I ..... done a gob

Out the little hole that's in my prick and cums with piss as well

I had done a lot into the lav and, fuck, it didn't 'alf smell

'Cause I'd had asparagus the night before, I am lucky

I had some radishes as well and farted and, erm ..... right,

Please don't ..... CLIVE:#I am a Cockney dancer .....

DEREK:# ..... dancer, I fucked him up .....CLIVE:# ..... I like to dance all night

I dance, what,- ehh'ne'hm'err'h

And in my mother's tights DEREK:#Oh, ..... (collapses laughing)CLIVE:#'Cause you can get away with it

If you are Cockney too

Do this fucking dancing

And shove it up your flue!

(begins mumbling) DEREK:#My Mum came into my room and sucked my tiny knob

She put mouth round ..... (laughs)

She put her mouth right round it and then ..... (laughs uncontrollably) CLIVE:Fff-uck. Dudley, are you not, is ..... ? Fucking, fucking alcoholic! You're so drunk! You must ha' be on something else, you know.DEREK:Oh, hold on, let's get this rhyme right:

#My Mum came into the room and sucked my fucking knob, oh!

She put her mouth right, her mouth right round it and then she done a gob

On the end of it to make it smooth and make it nice and soft

And then she tossed me right off with her, er, Mrs. Mopp

Who came into the ..... (starts laughing) CLIVE:Oh yes, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you very much indeed, thank you very much indeed, it is awfully good but it's not quite what we're looking for, erm, some of our .....DEREK:Very nice! Oh ..... (continues laughing)CLIVE:..... some of our older patients might be upset.DEREK:#Oh, my Mum came into my room and sucked my fucking knob .....CLIVE:Yes! Well, thank you, thank you very, thank you very much indeed .....DEREK:#She put her mouth right round it .....CLIVE:Shoot him, Kurt!DEREK:# ..... and then she done a little gobCLIVE:CUT!DEREK:#On the end of it and smoothed it round and rubbed it up and downCLIVE:Oh God, will nothing give .....DEREK:#Until the cum came out the end and then I began to drown

'Cause I cum like a fucking falls you know, I cum like that

I've got a pair of enormous balls and they sat on the mat

When I'm walking down the street, of course, they drag behind me sore

And then, of course, I get followed by every fucking whore ..... CLIVE:(laughing in the background)DEREK:#Who says, "'ere, what we got in front of us, pair of bleedin' balls?

By Christ all-fucking-mighty, they could fill the Albert Halls"

With ee-aye, ee-aye, ..... (drowned out) CLIVE:# ..... Ee-aye, ee-aye-oh! Take it and shove it up your arse!

DEREK:Wait a minute! It's getting interesting!CLIVE:#I am a Cockney dancer! Justin de Villeneuve, watch out!DEREK:Yeah.

#So I went to the city to show my private parts ..... CLIVE:'Ere! 'Ere! 'Ere!DEREK:#I went into the Festival Hall and they began to fart

When I came onto the stage with my balls dragging right behind

They said, "My Christ, what, there, what is he doing, he must be out of his mind?" DEREK & CLIVE:#Oh! My old man's a dustman, he wears a dustman's hat

DEREK:(continues with farting noise in tune)CLIVE:#He's got fucking cancer, now what d'you think of that?!

DEREK:#Oh, ..... (falls into helpless laughter)CLIVE:#My old man's a dustman, he's got cancer too

Silly fucking arsehole, he's got it up the flue

He's got so much of fucking cancer it drives him fucking mad

He says, "I've got fucking cancer", and he's my fucking Dad

Oh, what a fucking boring cunt, he goes on and on all day

He's got this fucking cancer and he's too gone on the way DEREK:#Oh, .....CLIVE:#Oh, my old man's a dustman, Justin de Villeneuve is my friend .....

DEREK:# ..... they cut it off at Chelmsford, they cut it off at Crewe

They gave him one up the ..... (laughs) CLIVE:# ..... I shoved him one up the arsehole, saying he's my friend.DEREK:(laughs uncontrollably)

#He's got cancer of the cock and he's got cancer of the balls

He's got cancer of the nose, mouth, eyes, teeth and he's got the, the ..... prr-oh ..... DEREK & CLIVE:#Ohhhhhhh ..... he's got .....CLIVE:# ..... cancer in his false teeth, got cancer in his wig

He's got cancer in his fucking knob, he thinks it's fucking big

His knob is full of cancer, the thing is falling off

And worst of all, the worst of it, he's got this fucking cough
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

GORDY GAMBINO

He goes ..... DEREK & CLIVE:Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurgh! Heurrrrrgghhhhh .....DEREK:(continues laughing uncontrollably)CLIVE:..... What a cunt! He keeps waking us up at night, this fucking noise goes on! This fucking cough, his fucking cancer! We can't fucking sleep! I's trying to watch Emmerdale Farm and this fucking cough came on and I couldn't fucking concentrate on a fucking good programme 'cause my old man was dying of this fucking cough .....DEREK:Fucking cancer!!CLIVE:..... What a .....DEREK & CLIVE:..... Fucking cunt!!!DEREK:(more laughter)

#He's got cancer of the arsehole, he's got cancer of the bum CLIVE:# ..... cancer of the knob .....DEREK:#Cancer in his eyeballs, he's got cancer on the gob

He's got cancer in his fingernails and cancer in his palm

Cancer up his bumhole where the ..... (drowned out) CLIVE:# ..... half way up his arm!DEREK:(laughs)CLIVE:#Oh, he's got fucking cancer, cancer everywhere

He's got cancer of the bumhole, 'cause he's a fucking queer ..... DEREK:#Oh, .....CLIVE:#He takes his fucking knobs up, he shoves 'em up his arse

And everybody knows it! HE'S FUCKING WORKING CLASS!!! DEREK:OHHHHHHHH!!!!! .....
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"That is scary but  Getting checked on regular basis and catching it early could  increase the odds of survival significantly plus they are doing some neat stuff with Stem cells and Genetic Engineering.

Nice to see you weebles.

ac_hithere

Early detection is key to surviving cancer.

Anonymous

Some scary stats for sure. Some cancers show no  symptoms until it's too late though.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"Some scary stats for sure. Some cancers show no  symptoms until it's too late though.

We are getting so much better at treating it though.  It's amazing what they can do these days.

My mom had to have her lips practically removed due to cancer.  

[size=200]WEAR SPF CHAPSTICK THIS SUMMER PEOPLE![/size]
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Some scary stats for sure. Some cancers show no  symptoms until it's too late though.

We are getting so much better at treating it though.  It's amazing what they can do these days.

Jesus. :shock:

RW

Yeah, didn't know the sun could burn the lips right off your face didya?

Protect those luscious lips.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

https://media.giphy.com/media/kkzazhHIo76g0/giphy.gif">https://media.giphy.com/media/kkzazhHIo76g0/giphy.gif[/img]

Is that you, Mel?..... :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

That's awful. My wife and I are tropical sun lovers. We need to be careful.

weebles

Quote from: "Renee"

https://media.giphy.com/media/kkzazhHIo76g0/giphy.gif">https://media.giphy.com/media/kkzazhHIo76g0/giphy.gif[/img]

Is that you, Mel?..... :laugh3:

Acutally with the long summer days and the sunlight we get reflecting off ther snow/ice in winter we get exposed too lots of sun.

Well execpt in the PNW where  Grey and Rainy are the norm for most of the year till spring/summer.

P.S. I liked the 2002  Remake of "The Time Machine"

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwaw24W2bW0

weebles

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "weebles"That is scary but  Getting checked on regular basis and catching it early could  increase the odds of survival significantly plus they are doing some neat stuff with Stem cells and Genetic Engineering.

Nice to see you weebles.

ac_hithere

Early detection is key to surviving cancer.

:JC_howdy:

@realAzhyaAryola

I cover up completely. I'm not the bear all type. A tan is evidence of sun damage. Two words to consider: cancer screening.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]