Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

I have been nicotine free for two weeks

Started by Anonymous, August 09, 2017, 09:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

The problem with me, is that I like my beer...  And NOTHING goes better with beer than cigarettes.

Plus, I am a little high strung, and people like that tend to be smokers, as it has a slight calming effect.

That, and dealing with with drivers here all day long causes me much stress at times, so I like to smoke at work also.  Asian drivers cause me to smoke more than I normally would at work!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"The problem with me, is that I like my beer...  And NOTHING goes better with beer than cigarettes.

Plus, I am a little high strung, and people like that tend to be smokers, as it has a slight calming effect.

That, and dealing with with drivers here all day long causes me much stress at times, so I like to smoke at work also.  Asian drivers cause me to smoke more than I normally would at work!

I like beer, partuclarly craft beers. I also like vodka, scotch and soju. I had a few beers after golf on Saturday. I did not smoke a cigarette.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Ya sure, whatever Joe. ac_boring

He's a drive by artist He runs back to his bf Edweird right away.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"The problem with me, is that I like my beer...  And NOTHING goes better with beer than cigarettes.

I like beer, partuclarly craft beers. I also like vodka, scotch and soju. I had a few beers after golf on Saturday. I did not smoke a cigarette.

Good for you Seoul.

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Get a vape then.

May not be the best thing to use.

QuotePopcorn Lung (a.k.a. Bronchiolitis Obliterans) reportedly causes coughing and wheezing, shortness of breath, and in some extreme cases, may even require the patient getting a lung transplant. Researchers detected that the chemical components of 39 out of the 51 flavoring fluids used for vaping contained diacetyl– one of the causes of Popcorn Lung.

https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/what-is-vaping/popcorn-lungs/">https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/what-i ... orn-lungs/">https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/what-is-vaping/popcorn-lungs/
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

That's nothing. Until two weeks ago I was a regular smoker since I was fifteen.

I still smoke, just not cigarettes  :laugh:

You'll start breathing better and feeling better man. Stuff will taste better. My uncle died at 52 from smoking, seeing him on a respirator at the hospital the last few months unable to talk and having to write everything down, made me wanna quit. I know my other habit has some tar, but I dont do a lot and it doesnt have all them chemicals the cigs did.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"Good goin guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - I think that precedes Bruce Lee by many years.

Regardless, the message is one of the best there is

Oh ok I didnt know lol, I love that quote, it helps me get through the tough days  ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

shin

Good on you, SB!

The first month of quitting smoking is the hardest by far. It helps a lot if you really want to quit because you don't enjoy it anymore.

cc

Quote from: "Blazor"

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one" - I think that precedes Bruce Lee by many years.

Oh ok I didnt know lol, I love that quote, it helps me get through the tough days  ac_drinks

Yes, wherever it comes from, I developed that concept a long time ago on my own .. from lifesaving pragmatism I guess. Without that downgraded expectation / concept which has kept me going for a long time, I doubt I'd be here .... at least as a functioning person

Whether life is tolerable for those who have been struck by previously unthinkable tragedy again and again and again .. it all comes down to

"expectations" of life.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Shen Li"Hey Seoul, help yourself. They're on me.

http://healthcareforall.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/pack-of-cigarettes.jpg">

Ya know ya want em.

Next week I'm giving up boobies

Get em out !! ac_smile
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Yes, wherever it comes from, I developed that concept a long time ago on my own .. from lifesaving pragmatism I guess. Without that downgraded expectation / concept which has kept me going for a long time, I doubt I'd be here .... at least as a functioning person

Whether life is tolerable for those who have been struck by previously unthinkable tragedy again and again and again .. it all comes down to

"expectations" of life

Very true cc.

JOE

You'll start breathing better and feeling better man. Stuff will taste better. My uncle died at 52 from smoking, seeing him on a respirator at the hospital the last few months unable to talk and having to write everything down, made me wanna quit. I know my other habit has some tar, but I dont do a lot and it doesnt have all them chemicals the cigs did.

...ya gotta know what ta quit, Blazor.

I used to smoke 'for fun' - fer kicks.

But when the novelty wore off, I just decided that enough was enough.

It wasn't fun anymore. Actually, I got bored with the habit.

And it didn't feel 'cool' anymore.

Smokin' is somethin' ya do when yer young, teens or early 20s.

Leave the risky behaviors/stuff for the early years, but then butt out for later.

Been there, done that...you know the rest.

RW

Get a vape.  Seriously.  That's what I use when I consume flower/bud and it's made a huge difference in my breathing (but you still get all the good stuff).  That and edibles.  :D
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"This is the longest I have gone without  a cigarette since I began smoking twenty seven years ago. Wish me luck. I want to be an ex-smoker.

Congratulations seoulbro.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "seoulbro"This is the longest I have gone without  a cigarette since I began smoking twenty seven years ago. Wish me luck. I want to be an ex-smoker.

Congratulations seoulbro.

Thanks Velvet. It's day fifteen today.