Last post: Today at 12:10:22 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Blazor

Dialysis

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 18, 2017, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Dialysis

What is it?

Someone close to me is getting it for the very first time. It seems so damning to me but I hope it isn't as critical as it sounds.

What is your experience with dialysis?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

My dad has it. His kidneys are failing him and hes diabetic. He goes 3 times a week and sits for about 4-5 hours and has fluids drained off him cause he cant really pee, and it builds up in his bloodstream. He has access holes in his arm they hook into each time. It really drains him those days, but the next day he feels great. Sometimes he eats too much before a treatment, they weigh him, and assume its liquid, and try to take too much off him. He has to sign papers then if he wants them to stop. I told him sign more papers if you want to live longer lol, he likes to eat big meals now and then.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"My dad has it. His kidneys are failing him and hes diabetic. He goes 3 times a week and sits for about 4-5 hours and has fluids drained off him cause he cant really pee, and it builds up in his bloodstream. He has access holes in his arm they hook into each time. It really drains him those days, but the next day he feels great. Sometimes he eats too much before a treatment, they weigh him, and assume its liquid, and try to take too much off him. He has to sign papers then if he wants them to stop. I told him sign more papers if you want to live longer lol, he likes to eat big meals now and then.

It would be hard to live like that.

Angry White Male

They filter your blood.

I'll filter my brain with a bullet before I deal with that...

My family knows this also, so it won't come as a surprise.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
It would be hard to live like that.

He hates it, his dialysis days he feels like hes gonna die. Some days are even worse, he tells me "I thought last night was it. I told (wife) I love you, this is it.".

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"They filter your blood.

I'll filter my brain with a bullet before I deal with that...

My family knows this also, so it won't come as a surprise.

Im honestly surprised hes still going too. Think he does it for his wife. Cause I know him, and if he was single, he would be the same way.

@realAzhyaAryola

Thank you very much for all your input. It is appreciated. I hope she gets better.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Thank you very much for all your input. It is appreciated. I hope she gets better.

Hope so too, or a new kidney. My dad jokes all the time that I should give him one of mine lol. Or he'll say "you know what I want, a million dollars and a new kidney" lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Thank you very much for all your input. It is appreciated. I hope she gets better.

I hope she does too Azhya.

Anonymous

I do too AA. But, it's a tough road ahead of her.

shin

When a persons kidneys aren't working properly in filtering out blood impurities, a dialysis machine can help extend their lives. From what I've heard, treatments as often as every day include having tubes connected to the body to pass all of their blood through a dialysis membrane and back into the body over a course of hours.

@realAzhyaAryola

It seems to drain her each time and seems very weak after. She has also lost body mass since she started this. She gets it almost every other day now. Will this eventually stop or is this permanent?
@realAzhyaAryola

RW

Depends on the cause but it's often permanent or until a person receives a transplant.
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

means they are going to shoot dye into your blood so they can see where/if any circulation and/or organ issues occur

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"means they are going to shoot dye into your blood so they can see where/if any circulation and/or organ issues occur

No fun.