Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Huumm ... What erasing history might just lead to

Started by cc, August 20, 2017, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

By Cornelia Scott Cree

I got to thinking – if tearing down statues will end racism and erase history, I should put the theory to the test.  The scientific method consists of applying a basic principle to a variety of similar issues to determine consistent results. And I could think of a number of unpleasant things in my life that needed to end.

For one, there's my credit card bill.  So I took a match and burned it up in an ashtray.  That should do it. No more debt.  Next week I will check my bank online to see if my balance is zero. I have a car loan that needs the same treatment.

Next there is the owner of my office building.  Not only does he charge too much for my lease, his ugly picture is on my building. Monday I will paint over his face.  I'll be interested to see who the new owner is when I pay my next installment.

Then there is my weight.  This should be easy.  I dumped the scales into the trash.  No point in leading some other poor fat guy into deception by sending it to Goodwill. With those 40 pounds gone I can rest easier about my blood sugar levels.

And while I'm at it, I took a black marking pen and totally wiped out the calorie count on all the candy bars I have in the house.  I will really enjoy those three Snickers for lunch knowing they are sugar-free.

Then my daughter came to the office. "Dad," she said, bending her genders a little, calling me 'dad.' "I've decided to be a man."

I couldn't have been happier with this new method on what to do. "Honey, if you disagree with the words on your birth certificate I have the ashtray right here – we will burn it up too."

"Dad, they have my certificate in the hall of records!"

Well, I thought, that is a problem.  "That means we need to burn the building down," I assured her, "and everyone will be happier to see it gone. We can do that next week."

"But Dad, they have all that stuff in the cloud somewhere?"

Huumm, this method of changing reality may be harder than I thought.   :sad:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Why should they keep up statues erected by the KKK?

I thought history was being erased at first, when then I read articles by teachers who teach history.  Statues people pay little to no attention to in squares aren't "teaching history".  They are relics of history.  A good place for those would be museums and places dedicated to history just like crucifixes belong in churches.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Why should they keep up statues erected by the KKK?

Which statues were erected by the KKK?
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

I thought the Robert Lee one was a KKK backed erection.

Fake news?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"

Which statues were erected by the KKK?

Sorry, it was that Stone Mountain piece, not this one.  My apologies.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

I am sure the KKK supported any and all statues of confederate leaders. Not sure they are the ones that erected them. Don't take that as any kind of support for the KKK. I never have, nor would I ever support their ideals. I really don't have an issue with moving them to a museum. I just have an issue with the media and their perpetuation of the issues. It is going to bleed over into removing statues and tributes to some that were not even in the confederacy.  

Some want to remove statues of Sam Houston here in Texas. Sam Houston is a critical component of Texas history and was not a confederate officer. But he was a slave owner.

Quote Over Houston's opposition, a state secession convention met in January 1861. After a popular vote endorsed secession, Houston accepted Texas's leaving the Union but rejected any affiliation with the Confederacy. The convention deposed him and, rather than accept federal military support, Houston retired.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

The beautiful gold "Joan of Arc" on horseback  in New Orleans was damage cpl nights ago   .. tagged with "Tear it down!

That's how stupid and evil its all becoming

http://media.nola.com/politics/photo/22611602-mmmain.jpg">

RW

Quote from: "kiebers"I am sure the KKK supported any and all statues of confederate leaders. Not sure they are the ones that erected them. Don't take that as any kind of support for the KKK. I never have, nor would I ever support their ideals. I really don't have an issue with moving them to a museum. I just have an issue with the media and their perpetuation of the issues. It is going to bleed over into removing statues and tributes to some that were not even in the confederacy.  

Some want to remove statues of Sam Houston here in Texas. Sam Houston is a critical component of Texas history and was not a confederate officer. But he was a slave owner.

Quote Over Houston's opposition, a state secession convention met in January 1861. After a popular vote endorsed secession, Houston accepted Texas's leaving the Union but rejected any affiliation with the Confederacy. The convention deposed him and, rather than accept federal military support, Houston retired.

I've come to realise that these statues aren't your history and the history won't change if they are removed.  

But it's kind of ironic.  The supremacists do their pathetic protest which caused a ripple across the US and many more statues to be removed.

Talk about an ineffectual bunch.

The real problem is that taking them down will change nothing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc"The beautiful gold "Joan of Arc" on horseback  in New Orleans was damage cpl nights ago   .. tagged with "Tear it down!

That's how stupid and evil its all becoming

http://media.nola.com/politics/photo/22611602-mmmain.jpg">

I agree it's out of control but what right do people have to dictate what points of history they want to display?  Shouldn't townspeople be allowed to decide that?
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Is it any different than burning books....I think not. Funny how everyone's agenda is the correct one. Seems the alt left and alt right are one in the same.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wELrtx8NxoU

cc

They are identical type entities / mentalities  ... merely  driving in opposite directions

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"By Cornelia Scott Cree

I got to thinking – if tearing down statues will end racism and erase history, I should put the theory to the test.  The scientific method consists of applying a basic principle to a variety of similar issues to determine consistent results. And I could think of a number of unpleasant things in my life that needed to end.

For one, there's my credit card bill.  So I took a match and burned it up in an ashtray.  That should do it. No more debt.  Next week I will check my bank online to see if my balance is zero. I have a car loan that needs the same treatment.

Next there is the owner of my office building.  Not only does he charge too much for my lease, his ugly picture is on my building. Monday I will paint over his face.  I'll be interested to see who the new owner is when I pay my next installment.

Then there is my weight.  This should be easy.  I dumped the scales into the trash.  No point in leading some other poor fat guy into deception by sending it to Goodwill. With those 40 pounds gone I can rest easier about my blood sugar levels.

And while I'm at it, I took a black marking pen and totally wiped out the calorie count on all the candy bars I have in the house.  I will really enjoy those three Snickers for lunch knowing they are sugar-free.

Then my daughter came to the office. "Dad," she said, bending her genders a little, calling me 'dad.' "I've decided to be a man."

I couldn't have been happier with this new method on what to do. "Honey, if you disagree with the words on your birth certificate I have the ashtray right here – we will burn it up too."

"Dad, they have my certificate in the hall of records!"

Well, I thought, that is a problem.  "That means we need to burn the building down," I assured her, "and everyone will be happier to see it gone. We can do that next week."

"But Dad, they have all that stuff in the cloud somewhere?"

Huumm, this method of changing reality may be harder than I thought.   :sad:

That is priceless cc. ac_drinks

Anonymous

I thought history was being erased at first, when then I read articles by teachers who teach history.  Statues people pay little to no attention to in squares aren't "teaching history".  They are relics of history.  A good place for those would be museums and places dedicated to history just like crucifixes belong in churches.

Oh fuck off you repetitive pebble brained piece of shit.

People like Edward Cornwallis who founded a city have a statue in the statue in the city they founded. Imagine that eh shit for brains. How about you and antifa faggot friends go find a country to live in that doesn't have monuments of it's past situated in historically significant places if it offends you that much.

GORDY GAMBINO

I'll be fucked if I ever understand cc

Like I read the words but she is off this fucken planet

I aint stuffen that jumbuck in me tucker bag
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE