Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Stormfront.org Offline, Domain Seized

Started by Harry, August 27, 2017, 05:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/">//http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/

QuoteStormfront, one of the internet's oldest and most popular white supremacist sites, has been booted off its web address of more than two decades amid a crackdown against hate sites.

The address Stormfront.org went dark on Friday, and publicly available information current lists its domain status as "under hold," a category reserved for websites under legal dispute or slated for deletion, the USA Today network first reported.

The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, a D.C.-based nonprofit group, said it was behind the effort and had successfully booted the website from its domain of 22 years by raising its concerns with Stormfront's registrar, Network Solutions LLC, and its parent company, Web.com.

"Their website is a vehicle used to promote racially-motivated violence and hate," Kristen Clarke, the committee's executive director, said in a statement. "Following our efforts, Network Solutions has pulled the site. We are working across the country to combat the spread of hate crimes."

"We will continue to use every tool in our arsenal to disrupt vehicles used to promote and incite racial violence across our country," Ms. Clarke added. "Especially in the wake of tragic events in Charlottesville and the spike in hate crimes across the country, Stormfront crossed the line of permissible speech and incited and promoted violence."

Neither the registrar, Web.com nor Stormfront's administrator, Don Black, immediately returned messages seeking comment Saturday.

Mr. Black, 64, served as a member of both the Ku Klux Klan and American Nazi Party during the 1970s, and afterwards launched Stormfront, the first major hate site on the internet, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The website Stormfront.org was registered on Jan. 11, 1995 and its registration wasn't slated to expire until early 2018, according to online records.

Mr. Black became active in "the White patriot movement" at the age of 15 while "growing up in the midst of 'civil rights' turmoil in Alabama," according to an old Stormfront post he penned.

"Our mission is to provide information not available in the controlled media and to build a community of White activists working for the survival of our people," he wrote in another.

Prior to its abrupt disappearance Friday, Stormfront hosted a series of discussion boards utilized by white supremacists and boasted more than 300,000 registered members as of 2015, according to the SPLC.

Stormfront's disappearance was prefaced earlier this month by a series of actions taken against The Daily Stormer, a website that Democratic Rep. Luis GutiƩrrez of Illinois once described as "the whipped cream on top of the White Nationalist/Neo-Nazi banana split."

The Daily Stormer's publisher, Andrew Anglin, wrote on article Aug. 12 mocking a woman killed hours earlier while protesting a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, 32-year-old Heather Heyer. The Stormer was subsequently booted by domain registrars GoDaddy and Google, and attempted to relaunch at more than a half-dozen address this week before relegating itself to the so-called dark web where it's subject to less restrictions.

"The shutting of Stormfront, via this new technique of domain seizure, sets a new precedent: you don't have to have made edgy jokes about a fat woman, you don't have to go viral, you don't even have to be the least bit culturally relevant. They can now just take you off the internet because you are white," Mr. Anglin wrote Saturday.

"One thing to take away from this is that we have to stick together."

">

:yahoo:  ac_drinks  :thumbup:  ac_hithere  ac_hithere  ac_hithere

GORDY GAMBINO

RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

RW

It will be back once they move off US hosts.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

Quote from: "RW"It will be back once they move off US hosts.

Didn't work for the Daily Stormer.  Booted off GoDaddy, booted off Google, booted off a Chinese host, booted off a Russian host.  Now they have an onion site on the darknet, and even the Tor project is not happy about it.

RW

Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "RW"It will be back once they move off US hosts.

Didn't work for the Daily Stormer.  Booted off GoDaddy, booted off Google, booted off a Chinese host, booted off a Russian host.  Now they have an onion site on the darknet, and even the Tor project is not happy about it.

That's funny!  Hate on other countries and they won't host you either haha.

Iceland anyone?
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

ya Antifa or lefties seem to be trying to pull a PC blanket over everything ,whether I believe it or not I'd rather be able to see whats around me then censoring the world because of others.. FUCK Censorship in all forms .. Freedom of Expression and Free Speech used to be legit now societies gotta walk on eggshells to appease the masses, I even heard they are pulling movies like Gone With The Wind from public viewing because of racial undertones.. Then Pull Roots as well, like that'll happen

RW

Our society up here decided hate speech was unacceptable years ago.
Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

yet it exists, surprise.. adults choose what they want surrounding them , Cro -Mags who need uprising and aggression, violence and dominance who am I talking about??

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

realgrimm

but will it divide the fibre of the country?, the destruction of icons dates back to the Romans and was considered an act of war, theres no way this will have a peaceful result..

RW

Quote from: "realgrimm"but will it divide the fibre of the country?, the destruction of icons dates back to the Romans and was considered an act of war, theres no way this will have a peaceful result..

War?  Between who?  A smattering of neo nazis?

They're taking the hint.  Don't get in their way :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Harry

Quote from: "realgrimm"ya Antifa or lefties seem to be trying to pull a PC blanket over everything ,whether I believe it or not I'd rather be able to see whats around me then censoring the world because of others.. FUCK Censorship in all forms .. Freedom of Expression and Free Speech used to be legit now societies gotta walk on eggshells to appease the masses, I even heard they are pulling movies like Gone With The Wind from public viewing because of racial undertones.. Then Pull Roots as well, like that'll happen

Yeah, yeah, "FUCK Censorship in all forms", we've heard that before.

Civilized society is what it is, and sometimes limits have to be put in place to keep it civilized.  Elimination of hate speech is one of those things.

This is the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in France,  It covers 172 acres and contains 9,386 of US WWII military dead.

">

All up, somewhere north of 210,000 US servicemen died fighting the Nazi regime.  Every time you give air or space to a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer to promote their obscene views, you are metaphorically pissing on the graves and the memories of those servicemen.

Anonymous

I remember SCOUSE said he posted there.

RW

Quote from: "Harry"
Quote from: "realgrimm"ya Antifa or lefties seem to be trying to pull a PC blanket over everything ,whether I believe it or not I'd rather be able to see whats around me then censoring the world because of others.. FUCK Censorship in all forms .. Freedom of Expression and Free Speech used to be legit now societies gotta walk on eggshells to appease the masses, I even heard they are pulling movies like Gone With The Wind from public viewing because of racial undertones.. Then Pull Roots as well, like that'll happen

Yeah, yeah, "FUCK Censorship in all forms", we've heard that before.

Civilized society is what it is, and sometimes limits have to be put in place to keep it civilized.  Elimination of hate speech is one of those things.

This is the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in France,  It covers 172 acres and contains 9,386 of US WWII military dead.

">

All up, somewhere north of 210,000 US servicemen died fighting the Nazi regime.  Every time you give air or space to a Nazi or a Nazi sympathizer to promote their obscene views, you are metaphorically pissing on the graves and the memories of those servicemen.
Exactly.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I remember SCOUSE said he posted there.

Where is Scouse?