The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Ever think of your own funeral?

Started by Blazor, August 30, 2017, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Harry"

Yeah, they still do that in India.

Really, really, dignified and romantic:

Thats cool that in certain parts of the world this is still done. If a tribe has beliefs, they should be allowed to carry out those beliefs.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Normally, a person in good health and my age wouldn't pay much more than a passing thought about their own funeral..

But, after losing my daughter and my father, my husband and I have made notes of what we want and a budget for our own funerals..

And of course, in the event we both pass before our children are adults.

Death usually triggers those thoughts. Believe me I know what ya mean. I think thats why I've thought of my own funeral since I was young. My Uncle's funeral was the first one I went to where music was played that fit the person, not gospel music. I loved it, cause it reminded me of him. I still think of him every time I hear Freebird and I dont change the radio station. So of course I played songs for my mom's and wife's funeral that was music they either liked or was fitting for the funeral.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"I have money set aside for the day after my last day. The old lady can have me cremated and throw a life celebration. No funeral home for me.

"No I dont wanna be buried, in a Pet Cemetery" lol  :laugh:

From that Stephen King movie lol.

I dont wanna go in the ground either. Cremation is much more affordable too.

Ya know now they try and sell you a box to burn them in? Like a coffin, expensive, use to be a sheet. I died laughing when my father in-law was there and they were trying to sell us on it, he said "what difference does it make, your just gonna burn it anyway" lol. There was a cardboard box option that we chose.

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Since my assets (and wishes) would all default to the government after my parents passed, I had no choice but to get a will made.

And yes, funeral arrangements are clearly outlined also...  Burn me, and dump me off the White Rock pier.  No joke!  That's how I have it set up, for my listed executors!

Damn government  :mad:

Thats good you have it planned out, and sounds nice, cause I take it thats one place you love?

cc

Naw. He just wants to be near me ... but is too stupid to know that water will rapidly take every last particle of him far away.

Stalkers never give up .... especially yer regular lowly Kra-t will do anything to be near superior Prussian genes ...  anything .. ... even after death .... that's "how they roll" , eh?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Naw. He just wants to be near me ... but is too stupid to know that water will rapidly take every last particle of him far away.

Stalkers never give up .... especially yer regular lowly Kra-t will do anything to be near superior Prussian genes ...  anything .. ... even after death .... that's "how they roll" , eh?

lol cc.

Blazor

Took me a minute to figure that one out, but I got it lol.

@realAzhyaAryola

How about having a viking funeral? Your remains in a small viking boat and you are burned while the boat sails into the sunset.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"How about having a viking funeral? Your remains in a small viking boat and you are burned while the boat sails into the sunset.

I like it! Though Im not much of a sea person lol. In a way it reminds me of Tolkien's universe, but sailing for the Undying lands in Valinor.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I want to be cremated.  The thought of being in a tiny box for years and years sets off my claustrophobia alarm.

After that put my ashes in an ash tray, I'll pretend I was a cigarette.

I've seen a joke where some grandma said she wanted grandpas ashes but in a douche, so she could feel him inside her one more time  :laugh:

When I was younger I use to joke to put my ashes in some soil, plant some pot seeds, and when I bloomed everyone could smoke a lil of Blaze  :laugh:

:thumbup: :laugh:

Harry

Not enough cowbell, and album sound badly synced to live performance, but hey...

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIsdGEE_Og0

Blazor

Quote from: "Harry"Not enough cowbell, and album sound badly synced to live performance, but hey...

I was saying "not enough cowbell" the other day lol.

20 years ago I had a grim reaper bong, and that song was its theme song lol.

Harry

Quote from: "Blazor"I was saying "not enough cowbell" the other day lol.

20 years ago I had a grim reaper bong, and that song was its theme song lol.

Amazing group.

I've been listening to BÖC since the mid 70's since I bought "On Your Feet or On Your Knees".  They're the only group that I can say I've bought every album from beginning to end.  They're talking about recording again later this year, so it's not over yet!   :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Harry"Not enough cowbell, and album sound badly synced to live performance, but hey...

I like that song, but it's the only one I know by them.

Odinson

I would like to be burned on a longboat, but welfare won't pay for it.