News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Does Iron Horse Jockey still wish to retire in the Caribbean?

Started by JOE, September 12, 2017, 06:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....doesn't seem like a very climatically hospitable place to me.

But it's his money time and retirement so he can do what he wants.

Still, the growing uncertainty and unpredictable weather must be forcing people to re evaluate their retirement or vacation destinations lately.

My hunch is that the conditions will become even more severe on the next 20 years, particularly in that part of the world.

Anonymous

What did iron horse jockey do to you to earn a tribute thread JOE?

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

JOE

Quote from: "kiebers"The sky is falling, the sky is falling.......

Well Kahbuzz, you folks down South have had a lotta storms in the past.

I certainly remember Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

However, these latest ones - was it 3 in a row? Harvey, Irma and now Jose. Does seem rather out of the norm, even for Texas or the surrounding regions, wouldn't you agree? And far more severe than anything previous in recent memory.

One article states that if Toronto Canada had received as much rain, it would be 90 meters under water:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/30/hurricane-harvey-would-have-put-toronto-under-90-metres-of-water-weather-network_a_23191283/">http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/30 ... _23191283/">http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/08/30/hurricane-harvey-would-have-put-toronto-under-90-metres-of-water-weather-network_a_23191283/

Somethin's up. Somehow, I don't think things we've been accustomed to, will be the same in the future.

And I'm not blaming Trump, his Right Wing think tanks or the anti-global warming lobby.

Even if all of the above had nothing to do with it, the world weather patterns are changing.

kiebers

Coastal areas and islands have storms. It's the way it has always been and the way it will always be, regardless of weather patterns.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

JOE

Quote from: "kiebers"Coastal areas and islands have storms. It's the way it has always been and the way it will always be, regardless of weather patterns.

Anyways Kahbuzz, it's been a really educational experience watching the news about these storms from afar. It blew my mind. I remember Hurricane Katrina and how bad that was - destroyed New Orleans. But this one, even for a layman like myself, seemed really bad. The Mother of All Storms?

Heck, before this story hit, I didn't even really know where Houston was.

I thought it was some place inland high up on a plain.

Don't think I'd plan to retire in the Caribbean or Florida.

You'd have ta buy hurricane insurance.

Looks nice in the postcards or TV.

But reality shore woke me up.

I'll stay on the West Coast for now.

The West is the Best.

I've always thought Northern California where Mount Shasta and the Redwoods are, is the nicest place in the States.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"What did iron horse jockey do to you to earn a tribute thread JOE?

I don't know, but I would prefer he never mention me specifically again in a thread title. So, he probably will.

JOE

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"What did iron horse jockey do to you to earn a tribute thread JOE?

I don't know, but I would prefer he never mention me specifically again in a thread title. So, he probably will.

Oh. you once mentioned something about retiring in the Caribbean.

So I thought I'd write a thread about it.

I've been to Florida, Key West, in better times. In January.

It was nice. Canada was under snow. Great getaway.

But lately, I heard 25% of the homes there were destroyed.

Nice place ta visit, that area of the world.

...Wouldn't wanna live there tho'.

cc

Quote from: "JoeJoe"Heck, before this story hit, I didn't even really know where Houston was.

Quote from: "JoeJoe"I was wanting to make a donation to a friend of mine in Texas towards the hurricane disaster relief

She lives in the same city as Kiebers
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "JoeJoe"Heck, before this story hit, I didn't even really know where Houston was.

Quote from: "JoeJoe"I was wanting to make a donation to a friend of mine in Texas towards the hurricane disaster relief

Typical

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Whatever

You don't want to talk to JOE?

Anonymous

He is over sixty years old. This bullshit is his only form of entertainment.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

He seems a natural fit for TRF..

But, he may prefer trolling non trolls.

JOE

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"

He seems a natural fit for TRF..

But, he may prefer trolling non trolls.

I'm actually a good looking guy IRL, Fashionista.

If you come to Vancouver, I will give you a complimentary ride in a nice mercedes limo.

Your husbad too.

I'm sure we'd get along if we met, Fash.

But there's too many distractions round here to make a friendly connection.

Cheers,

Joe