The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Urgent Position Vacancy: Centre-Left Poster

Started by Anonymous, October 20, 2017, 07:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "JOE"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Ya SB is indeed a progtard especially on issues like refugees and islime.  However, at least he doesn't wreck discussions by calling everyone a bigot.

And you're not a professional engineer, are you?

It's just that I dont believe it by the way you express your opinions because they lack clarity and coherence.

The engineers I have known are extremely logical and straightforward folk.

And the limo drivers I've known know they don't pick up flight crews at airports..

It seems you are a tad jealous you don't have profession to draw on to back up your posts.

Joe has never met an engineer in real life. When would he the time. He can't pry himself away from trolling ten different forums 24/7.

I worked with a couple back in the day when I was a draftsman.

That was before computers took over and we used the pencil and the scale.

But these jobs were eliminated courtesy of AutoCAD.

What used to be done be a room full of them can practiclaly be done by an admin. assistant now.

they're now hired for as low as $12 bucks an hour too.

ac_lmfao

I can still letter beautifully in any architectural style.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/ab/31/bcab31ab4c9ce6c7fef8cd70ae462e9b.jpg">

That's a disappearing art. The lineweights had to be right too.

didn't you say you were a failed civil engineering student, IHJ?

I never flunked my program.

Never failed any or dropped out in life.

Angry White Male

I had taken a course many years ago, and we had to hand draft plans for a build.

The teacher was absolutely blown away by the quality of what she saw, as I was the only one in the class that could even come close to something professional looking.  Understand that I have no 'freehand' artistic talent.  Even though the course was in landscape design, she strongly suggested I might want to get into drafting.

However, shit like that is all done by AutoCad these days, as Joe stated.  NOTHING is done by hand anymore.

Hell, I had a hard time finding a reputable guy that could hand-paint my company name on my business vehicle.  I'm old school, and am willing to pay quite a bit more for the old-fashioned "touch," instead of a computer generated vinyl sticker.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Ya SB is indeed a progtard especially on issues like refugees and islime.  However, at least he doesn't wreck discussions by calling everyone a bigot.

It's just that I dont believe it by the way you express your opinions because they lack clarity and coherence.

And the limo drivers I've known know they don't pick up flight crews at airports..

It seems you are a tad jealous you don't have profession to draw on to back up your posts.

Joe has never met an engineer in real life. When would he the time. He can't pry himself away from trolling ten different forums 24/7.

What used to be done be a room full of them can practiclaly be done by an admin. assistant now.

ac_lmfao

https://thecheapplace-xt6uvtqbyypm.netdna-ssl.com/image/cache/data_new/water/600/data/Product-images/helmet-stickers/2013/01/CHS-0122-guaranteed-100-percent-pure-bullshit-sticker-600x500.jpg">

We know.

JOE

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I had taken a course many years ago, and we had to hand draft plans for a build.

The teacher was absolutely blown away by the quality of what she saw, as I was the only one in the class that could even come close to something professional looking.  Understand that I have no 'freehand' artistic talent.  Even though the course was in landscape design, she strongly suggested I might want to get into drafting.

However, shit like that is all done by AutoCad these days, as Joe stated.  NOTHING is done by hand anymore.

Hell, I had a hard time finding a reputable guy that could hand-paint my company name on my business vehicle.  I'm old school, and am willing to pay quite a bit more for the old-fashioned "touch," instead of a computer generated vinyl sticker.

Yeah, they used to teach sign painting at BCIT. I thought about signing up for the course, never did.

I regret it too.

They taught people how to airbrush too.

Now its gone...for good.

Drats!

JOE

Quote from: "Shen Li"

ac_lmfao

https://thecheapplace-xt6uvtqbyypm.netdna-ssl.com/image/cache/data_new/water/600/data/Product-images/helmet-stickers/2013/01/CHS-0122-guaranteed-100-percent-pure-bullshit-sticker-600x500.jpg">

We know.

When did you get your P.Eng, Shen?

While I believe many here are what they say they are, somehow I don't believe that you are a Professional Engineer. Unless you can show me evidence otherwise.

Angry White Male

Again though, when I talked to the painter, he says hardly anyone gets anything hand-painted these days.  99% of people want cheap vinyl stickers that are computer generated, which he can also do.  He said he'd be out of business if he had to rely on hand painting anything...

Anonymous

ac_lmfao

We know.

He's a boring liar.  Too scared to meet that nutcase RW.

JOE

ac_lmfao

We know.

He's a boring liar.  Too scared to meet that nutcase RW.

Au contraire. She was too scared to meet me when I accepted her challenge/offer.

She bailed that day.

Angry White Male

RW won't meet people.  She regularly stays with her sister when down here, which is like four blocks from where I live...  

She's AFRAID!

JOE

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Again though, when I talked to the painter, he says hardly anyone gets anything hand-painted these days.  99% of people want cheap vinyl stickers that are computer generated, which he can also do.  He said he'd be out of business if he had to rely on hand painting anything...

It's not the money part, but just knowing how to do it that would be fulfilling.

I'm thinking of learning about traditional animation from some of the masters who are still around.

Some of them live here in Vancouver, worked on some of the best known animated films like Sword in the Stone and Yellow Submarine.

When they're gone, a lot of that knowledge will be gone with them.

Just like sign painting. I only know of one guy left somewhere in Vancouver who still knows that craft.

I've asked him if he'd teach me, but he doesn't want to. But he knows it, and is a retired artist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"He's a boring liar.  Too scared to meet that nutcase RW.

I knew he would not do that.

Anonymous

Joe hasn't worked in a long time if ever. He is unskilled.

He's a shut in like his pal Edward. Joe's either here or on evs' board all day long. Take a look over there. Most threads are started by those two unemployables.

Blazor

I doubt that Blazor..

I am fairly sure Harry was only here to stir the pot

Oh I know, I doubt it either, I was jus clowning around  :laugh:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bVGRb7TRkzwUE/giphy.gif">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"To counter my fiscal conservatism.

Requirements:

-Must be able to work in a spirited environment.

-Applicant must be able to muititask as opposition is needed in several areas at the same time.

-Applicant must not be easily discouraged.

-Must remain calm under pressure.

-People to people skills are a must.

Please submit a copy of your cv to Mr. seoulbro at seoulbro@thebluecashew.net

We thank all who apply for their interest in our position vacancy, but only those selected for an interview will be notified about the status of their application.

ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
I doubt that Blazor..

I am fairly sure Harry was only here to stir the pot

Oh I know, I doubt it either, I was jus clowning around  :laugh:

https://media.giphy.com/media/bVGRb7TRkzwUE/giphy.gif">

We've had several drive by TRF trolls like Harry.