Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Iran

Started by Anonymous, October 26, 2017, 08:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I just watched an episode of Rick Steeves' show filmed in Iran..

What a disconnect between the people and the government and between the classes..

The educated people they spoke to were not religious, did not hate the West and were style and brand conscious..

Make up and cosmetic nose surgeries are common among for women who can afford it..

More women than men are enrolled at the nations' top university in Tehran..

It's a social media mad nation that defies the conservative stereotypes many of us have of that nation.

Anonymous

I've been to Iran several times. Iranians are some of  the most hospitable people a traveller could ever meet.  And some of the women are strikingly beautiful. Conservative Islam is forced on them. The uneducated and poor don't want Western decadence, but that's not the case among the educated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I've been to Iran several times. Iranians are some of  the most hospitable people a traveller could ever meet.  And some of the women are strikingly beautiful. Conservative Islam is forced on them. The uneducated and poor don't want Western decadence, but that's not the case among the educated.

Being a show, I wasn't sure how accurate the portrait he painted of Iran was..

Everyone has different experiences though when travelling.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I've been to Iran several times. Iranians are some of  the most hospitable people a traveller could ever meet.  And some of the women are strikingly beautiful. Conservative Islam is forced on them. The uneducated and poor don't want Western decadence, but that's not the case among the educated.

Being a show, I wasn't sure how accurate the portrait he painted of Iran was..

Everyone has different experiences though when travelling.

From you have told us, it sounds like the reality in Iran.

Berry Sweet

Yes, they do have some striking beauties!

As for the poor...do you supposed they are that way because they have little access to the outside world?  Are they more controlled by their government?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Yes, they do have some striking beauties!

As for the poor...do you supposed they are that way because they have little access to the outside world?  Are they more controlled by their government?

From the show, that seems to be the reason..

The educated were aware of Western popular culture and the lesser educated seemed to believe what they were told.

Anonymous

Former Conservative defense minister, Peter McKay married an Iranian beauty queen.

Anonymous

Islamism was forced on Iranians. I read most people in that country think Islam has too much control over people's lives.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Islamism was forced on Iranians. I read most people in that country think Islam has too much control over people's lives.

When the last shah ruled the nation it was said that Tehran had shorter skirts than Paris.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Islamism was forced on Iranians. I read most people in that country think Islam has too much control over people's lives.

When the last shah ruled the nation it was said that Tehran had shorter skirts than Paris.

How things can change..

And can change back if there's another revolution.