The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

JOE, you're seventy years old

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2017, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I posted on VF for the first time in 3 and a half fucking years. It's as dead as a morgue over there. Maybe 30 posts today. Joe is one of  their most prolific posters now. After SMP, mimi and evs of course.

VF is dead.

And that's the point I was GOING to make to Fash...  She dislikes Joe.  That is fine.  Many people dislike me also.

Get rid of too many people that you 'dislike,' and I can tell you EXACTLY what you will find...  A dead forum here also.

How can I dislike JOE when I know nothing about him..

Nobody knows anything about him..

He's a made up persona seeking attention.....just like Odinson.

Angry White Male

And again, I don't particularly like Odinson, but I personally don't care if he posts here.

And I'll tell you the truth, since I'm pretty fucking smart...  Neither Joe nor Odinson are quite the "trolls" that you may think them to be.  I know they clown around, but they have been truthful enough with who they are, and what they do, should you read enough of their posts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I posted on VF for the first time in 3 and a half fucking years. It's as dead as a morgue over there. Maybe 30 posts today. Joe is one of  their most prolific posters now. After SMP, mimi and evs of course.

VF is dead.

And that's the point I was GOING to make to Fash...  She dislikes Joe.  That is fine.  Many people dislike me also.

Get rid of too many people that you 'dislike,' and I can tell you EXACTLY what you will find...  A dead forum here also.

How can I dislike JOE when I know nothing about him..

Nobody knows anything about him..

He's a made up persona seeking attention.....just like Odinson.

In the glory days of forums, attention whoring trolls like joe and oddstain would have been background noise.  Now that real posters have fucked off to twitterland, they have moved to the front benches. :sneaky2:

Angry White Male

I have a different view of how "free flow" anonymous forums should be run, and this is often why I clashed with some of my fellow Mods back in tha day.

And THIS is why I have an issue with Evs and Mimi.  Doesn't matter much anymore though, as their forum is dead.

Always remember one thing:  Boredom and a dead forum will drive away posters much faster than a few posters that "people don't like"...  Obviously this doesn't include spamming idiots, or complete forum wreckers in general, but generally speaking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have a different view of how "free flow" anonymous forums should be run, and this is often why I clashed with some of my fellow Mods back in tha day.

And THIS is why I have an issue with Evs and Mimi.  Doesn't matter much anymore though, as their forum is dead.

Always remember one thing:  Boredom and a dead forum will drive away posters much faster than a few posters that "people don't like"...

I disagree..

I would rather close TBC permanently than pay bills for the immature likes of Herman, JOE and Odinson.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I disagree..

I would rather close TBC permanently than pay bills for the immature likes of Herman, JOE and Odinson.

Is Herman, Joe and Odinson posting here costing you extra money?

I didn't think so.  If they are, your business model has failed.  If your business model has failed, than pull the plug.  Other forums will absorb the remaining posters.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I disagree..

Is Herman, Joe and Odinson posting here costing you extra money?

I didn't think so.  If they are, your business model has failed.  If your business model has failed, than pull the plug.  Other forums will absorb the remaining posters.

They are a cost, but not financially.

Angry White Male

Here is Real Woman's greatest mistake, Fash...  She wanted a forum all nice and lovely-dovey with equal minded posters.  It IS the human nature to want this, for the posters to want this.

I will tell you what happens, and what will happen quickly...  They will all get bored and post counts will grind to a halt.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"They are a cost, but not financially.

Then explain to me what cost exactly, you have incurred?

Anonymous

Forums are becoming extinct..

Our two best posters here are Seoul and cc..

The Hermans, JOEs and Odinsons make them not want to post, speeding up the demise of this forum..

VF has the same problem.

Angry White Male

I will agree that forums like this are a dwindling form of social media in general.

I will disagree on the rest...  A forum can have no "best posters" per se.  While Seoul and CC are fairly active posters, they are by no means "best" posters here, nor would be anywhere else they'd happen to post either.

A forum that's successful is more of a collective, than an "only me and my friend" type structure.

Herman, although I am not a fan of him, speeds up the demise of nothing...  Any poster that claims to have left because of him, would have left anyways.

I KNOW the human nature...  Trust me.  I have been blamed also for "scaring away" multiple posters that either didn't even exist, or were ready to leave anyhow, and needed an excuse.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Forums are becoming extinct..

Our two best posters here are Seoul and cc..

The Hermans, JOEs and Odinsons make them not want to post, speeding up the demise of this forum..

VF has the same problem.

What about me? I'm better than both of em. ac_sothere

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Shen Li"What about me? I'm better than both of em. ac_sothere

The adults are having a conversation now.

Shen, time to put on your Jammies and get ready for bed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I will agree that forums like this are a dwindling form of social media in general.

I will disagree on the rest...  A forum can have no "best posters" per se.  While Seoul and CC are fairly active posters, they are by no means "best" posters here, nor would be anywhere else they'd happen to post either.

A forum that's successful is more of a collective, than an "only me and my friend" type structure.

Herman, although I am not a fan of him, speeds up the demise of nothing...  Any poster that claims to have left because of him, would have left anyways.

I KNOW the human nature...  Trust me.  I have been blamed also for "scaring away" multiple posters that either didn't even exist, or were ready to leave anyhow, and needed an excuse.

Seoul and cc would not fit in a TRF..

But, on a forum of adults they are our best.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"What about me? I'm better than both of em. ac_sothere

The adults are having a conversation now.

Shen, time to put on your Jammies and get ready for bed.

Priscilla, get your thirty three year old baby ready for bed.

:laugh: