Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

welcome back Superchecker

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2017, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"How's the economy out on the West coast? Are there lots of jobs and how are wages?

There seems to be jobs available around here, but unless you have the right skills it's all low wages(under twenty dollars per hour). The Wynn government's green energy schemes have driven up the price of electricity so high manufacturers are leaving for places like Ohio and Alabama. It's put a lot of consumers in poverty too.

Practically everyone is hiring in metro Vancouver, but a fair number are lower wage jobs.

Housing is the big issue, extremely low rental vacancies.

The regions transit system is moving forward with a 10 year plan to increase and expand services. Major hiring going on. Over 70 active job postings, including the need for nearly 500 new bus driver trainees each year! New training classes every 2 weeks! Union wages and benefits.

BC recently had to fill over 1,000 new teaching positions too.

Healthcare jobs too.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "seoulbro"How's the economy out on the West coast? Are there lots of jobs and how are wages?

There seems to be jobs available around here, but unless you have the right skills it's all low wages(under twenty dollars per hour). The Wynn government's green energy schemes have driven up the price of electricity so high manufacturers are leaving for places like Ohio and Alabama. It's put a lot of consumers in poverty too.

Practically everyone is hiring in metro Vancouver, but a fair number are lower wage jobs.

The regions transit system is moving forward with a 10 year plan to increase and expand services. Major hiring going on. Over 70 active job postings, including the need for nearly 500 note bus driver trainees each year! New training classes every 2 weeks! Union wages and benefits.

Healthcare jobs too.

What's a note bus driver Superchecker?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

The regions transit system is moving forward with a 10 year plan to increase and expand services. Major hiring going on. Over 70 active job postings, including the need for nearly 500 new bus driver trainees each year! New training classes every 2 weeks! Union wages and benefits.

Healthcare jobs too.

Bloody spell check, meant "new", not note... Thanks.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Healthcare jobs too.

Bloody spell check, meant "new", not note... Thanks.

I thought you meant mini buses.

:laugh:

Superchecker

This tab drives me nuts sometimes. Can't wait til I get a new computer around Christmas time.
<t></t>

Anonymous

This tab drives me nuts sometimes. Can't wait til I get a new computer around Christmas time.

I am getting a new one Boxing week.

Anonymous

Healthcare jobs too.

Lots of public sector jobs.

Anonymous

Healthcare jobs too.

I read the number of school age children is declining on the West coast? Hiring more teachers seems odd.

I don't have a lot of faith in the medium term economic prospects in Canada. The economy is producing jobs, but they are not in the best paying sectors. It's based on high real estate values, and high consumer debt. Reminiscent of the US in early 2007.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"
I read the number of school age children is declining on the West coast? Hiring more teachers seems odd.

I don't have a lot of faith in the medium term economic prospects in Canada. The economy is producing jobs, but they are not in the best paying sectors. It's based on high real estate values, and high consumer debt. Reminiscent of the US in early 2007.

The BC government back in the early 2000's ripped up the collective agreement with teachers and increased class sizes. The teachers union fought in court and won numerous judgements until the government finally agreed to bring back lower class sizes this year. Still hundreds of vacancies. http://www.makeafuture.ca/">www.makeafuture.ca/
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The BC government back in the early 2000's ripped up the collective agreement with teachers and increased class sizes. The teachers union fought in court and won numerous judgements until the government finally agreed to bring back lower class sizes this year. Still hundreds of vacancies. http://www.makeafuture.ca/">http://www.makeafuture.ca/

We've discussed this before on this forum..

I've read about it too..

But, Seoul is right about fewer enrolments in the Vancouver area..

Sky high housing is the reason for that.

Declining school enrolments in Vancouver, Richmond linked to housing affordability crisis

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/declining-school-enrolments-in-vancouver-and-richmond-linked-to-housing-affordability-crisis">http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... ity-crisis">http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/declining-school-enrolments-in-vancouver-and-richmond-linked-to-housing-affordability-crisis

Couch Potato

Superchecker is here too. That is a bonus.

Are you still driving transit buses and travelling to Las Vegas?

Couch Potato

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Can message me anytime.

Great,  we can set up a time and place to meet and I can sit on ur face ya stud. :wink:

Is this really you? When did you buy a sense of humor?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Couch Potato"Superchecker is here too. That is a bonus.

Yes!

But did  a big UK trip instead this year.

Vegas booked for Spring 2018
<t></t>

Couch Potato

Yes!

How long did you stay in Britain?  Where all did you go?

My lady and I are going to Las Vegas in March too.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Couch Potato"

Yes!

How long did you stay in Britain?  Where all did you go?

My lady and I are going to Las Vegas in March too.

5 nights in London and then a 12 night cruise to Guernsey, Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Loch Ness, Edinburgh, and even stopped in on France!

Have you any need for discount websites for Vegas?
<t></t>