News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

How often do you go out to the movies? Live shows?

Started by Superchecker, October 28, 2017, 07:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Me and the Mrs take in about 2 movies a year, and 1 or 2 live shows a year.

How's about you?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Me and the Mrs take in about 2 movies a year, and 1 or 2 live shows a year.

How's about you?

It has to be a movie I really like to go see it. I like dinner theatre. Lsst one we saw was about three years ago. Frank Bonner from WKRP fame was in it.

cc

No current movies out or at home. Have no use for Hollywood life or people (Been there, done that) .... nor any use for most Hollywood types with only a very few exceptions.  

Have done a few live music  shows but only in small audience .. intimate setting ... dinner show, "in the round" ... solo musician that I especially respect as a person as well as talent. Have been to a couple of such experiences that were such special that few if any today could duplicate. Not impressed by "celebs"

We have learned how to entertain ourselves
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"No current movies out or at home. Have no use for Hollywood life or people (Been there, done that) .... nor any use for most Hollywood types with only a very few exceptions.  

Have done a few live music  shows but only in small audience .. intimate setting ... dinner show, "in the round" ... solo musician that I especially respect as a person as well as talent. Have been to a couple of such experiences that were such special that few if any today could duplicate. Not impressed by "celebs"

We have learned how to entertain ourselves

That's another thing we have in common. Hollywood actors do not impress me.

Wazzzup

I used to go to a move every week years ago and would see just about anything.  Now I see about four movies a year.  Like IHJ, I'm not going, or even renting, unless I know its something I'll like.

I tend to like shows like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad or Ozark much better,  Something with a running plot that takes a season or so to work through.  The pace of movies where the guy saves the world and gets the girl all under 90 minutes doesn't work for me as well.

Like you guys are saying, I also am not big fan of a lot of these actors and actresses.  They are puppets not sages, they should try and remember that.  Although these days, with politics being what they are in america,  they are forgetting it more and more.

The real stars in all of it IMO (or goats, whatever the case may be) are the writers.  You can have a good movie/show with no name actors in it, but you can't have a good movie/show without a good script, no matter how good the acting or the CG effects.   You can't polish a turd.

Sorry for the TL;DR,

/rant

Berry Sweet

We go to movies occasionally.  Mostly I take Lo when she bugs me to see something, which is not often.  This is why I have a big screen at home and a big comfy sectional...Lo and I just got matching piglet onsies to make movie nights at home more exciting:)

I really like live shows.  I take Lo as often as I can...depending on the affordability range...last night I took Lo to Cirque du Soleil's Kurios....we were treated to the tickets which is a blessing...the show was pretty good!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"We go to movies occasionally.  Mostly I take Lo when she bugs me to see something, which is not often.  This is why I have a big screen at home and a big comfy sectional...Lo and I just got matching piglet onsies to make movie nights at home more exciting:)

I really like live shows.  I take Lo as often as I can...depending on the affordability range...last night I took Lo to Cirque du Soleil's Kurios....we were treated to the tickets which is a blessing...the show was pretty good!

It is worth seeing for all ages. I like Cirque du Soleil and ao does my wife.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"We go to movies occasionally.  Mostly I take Lo when she bugs me to see something, which is not often.  This is why I have a big screen at home and a big comfy sectional...Lo and I just got matching piglet onsies to make movie nights at home more exciting:)

I've been to five or six different cirque shows and really enjoyed them all.  Its the only French thing I like, besides their fries.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I've been to five or six different cirque shows and really enjoyed them all.  Its the only French thing I like, besides their fries.

It's Quebec French though. I like the way the Quebecois expect muslims to respect their values.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Me and the Mrs take in about 2 movies a year, and 1 or 2 live shows a year.

How's about you?

We usually see a movie every year..

We don't go to live shows at all..

Once every few years I will see a concert with my girlfriends.

Anonymous

How's about you?

Up until about 2010, I  would see 6-10 movies a year. Now, It has to be a movie I really want to see before I'll go.

Angry White Male

Now?  Never.

I am old enough to remember paying money to watch a shit show in the theater.

Now I can upload any movie I want, in high def, and watch it from the comfort of my own home.

Times have changed, and are changing...

Anonymous

What was the last movie you saw? If they aren't very good i forget them. I remember Wonder Woman.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"What was the last movie you saw? If they aren't very good i forget them. I remember Wonder Woman.

I saw wonder woman on DVD.  Last movie I went to see was IT.  Before that it was Star Wars Rogue One.

Anonymous

I suggested the Lego Batman movie for my son, but He thinks it's for babies.