Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Walmart scan and go

Started by Anonymous, November 13, 2017, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"One man's pay rise is another man's job loss.

Particularly when wages are arbitrarily raised quickly.

I was a waitress in a Chinese restaurant..

With my tips I made more money than the owners on Friday and Saturday nights..

They could not afford a big forced increase.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

RW supports big, quick minimum wage increases. While her heart is in the right place on this issue he head is not. It will have a deleterious affect on the very people it's supposed to help.

A better solution for unskilled  service  employees and their employers would be for provincial and federal governments would be to  remove them entirely from income tax rolls. They would end with the same after tax income. Sadly, neither Ottawa  nor  the provinces is prepared to increase the basic exemption up to about 27 grand. I see Trump and  house GOP are looking at raising the US basic exemption to about 24 grand. :thumbup:

Bricktop

RW has had no experience in private industry. She has no knowledge of the tribulations involved in maintaining cash flow to ensure workers are paid.

She has always assumed that if you're in business, you're always making a profit, so can afford to pay people high wages.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

RW supports big, quick minimum wage increases. While her heart is in the right place on this issue he head is not. It will have a deleterious affect on the very people it's supposed to help.

A better solution for unskilled  service  employees and their employers would be for provincial and federal governments would be to  remove them entirely from income tax rolls. They would end with the same after tax income. Sadly, neither Ottawa  nor  the provinces is prepared to increase the basic exemption up to about 27 grand. I see Trump and  house GOP are looking at raising the US basic exemption to about 24 grand. :thumbup:

How about paying them more money and a tax exemption.

Bricktop

One of Margaret Thatcher's great achievements, in my view, was to dismantle the concept of minimum wage in the UK. She allowed employers and employees to negotiate their own wages and increased the tax threshold. The result was indeed a general reduction of real wages, but a massive increase in jobs. Even now, its hard to walk around a shopping centre or city shopping precinct without seeing jobs advertised in windows.

She went to war with the unions, particularly the coal miners union, and won a decisive victory by sticking to her principle that unions protect workers at the expense of those without jobs. Nothing has changed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"RW has had no experience in private industry. She has no knowledge of the tribulations involved in maintaining cash flow to ensure workers are paid.

She has always assumed that if you're in business, you're always making a profit, so can afford to pay people high wages.

Hard to  believe there are people so ignorant.

Lefties don't know and don't care what's involved in meeting a payroll.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Because it increases the burden on already struggling, overworked small business owners.

Increasing the tax exemption for low wage earners is a good idea.

Bricktop

Reducing wages creates more jobs.

Reducing taxes increases disposable income.

Disposable income creates more wealth.

More wealth creates more tax.

Its not hard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Reducing wages creates more jobs.

Reducing taxes increases disposable income.

Disposable income creates more wealth.

More wealth creates more tax.

Its not hard.

Creating more jobs increases wages.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Before we used to be able to hire around 1200 employees in Hongkong, Shenzhen and Shanghai but now its less than half and replaced by automation and robotic arms since CCP started raising up the country's wages for the past 5-6 years.  Some workers were benefited but the other half became unemployed, our company growth is declining and more and more business are moving to Thailand and Vietnam, quality control of made in China goods has drastically dropped too after the pass of the new labour laws.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Before we used to be able to hire around 1200 employees in Hongkong, Shenzhen and Shanghai but now its less than half and replaced by automation and robotic arms since CCP started raising up the country's wages for the past 5-6 years.  Some workers were benefited but the other half became unemployed, our company growth is declining and more and more business are moving to Thailand and Vietnam, quality control of made in China goods has drastically dropped too after the pass of the new labour laws.

Do  you mean the quality of Chinese made goods has declined as China improved labour laws?

ac_wot

Zetsu

Do  you mean the quality of Chinese made goods has declined as China improved labour laws?

ac_wot

Yea, with the new 3 strikes process to fire an employee, a lot of them are really slacking off.  If they messed up first you have to give them a warning, if it happens again the employer needs to retrain him, if he messed up again you'll need to redirect him to another post before they can be fired.  But thanks to the economy greatly slowing down the government finally decided to stop raising the wages and introducing any more nonsense.

Anonymous

Yea, with the new 3 strikes process to fire an employee, a lot of them are really slacking off.  If they messed up first you have to give them a warning, if it happens again the employer needs to retrain him, if he messed up again you'll need to redirect him to another post before they can be fired.  But thanks to the economy greatly slowing down the government finally decided to stop raising the wages and introducing any more nonsense.

That is for all employers, big and small?

I heard  the Chinese economy is picking up again..

Imports are rising and so are C02 emissions.

Zetsu

That is for all employers, big and small?

I heard  the Chinese economy is picking up again..

Imports are rising and so are C02 emissions.

It should apply to most business in mainland China, at least for us, lol.

Zetsu