Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Walmart scan and go

Started by Anonymous, November 13, 2017, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

More service jobs will go courtesy of technology.

">

Berry Sweet

its easier to rip stuff off that way...same with the automatic check outs.  It's really not that hard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"its easier to rip stuff off that way...same with the automatic check outs.  It's really not that hard.

I have seen people get busted for that at Safeway/Sobeys.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"its easier to rip stuff off that way...same with the automatic check outs.  It's really not that hard.

Really?  What items?  Everywhere I go no one is paying attention.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I don't know what they stole, but in both cases somebody  came out of nowhere and apprehended them.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I don't know what they stole, but in both cases somebody  came out of nowhere and apprehended them.

Sux to be them.  There are so many people who do it.  Its like leaving large items under the cart at the superstore...

Bricktop

We've had them for years in many stores.

Doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We've had them for years in many stores.

Doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

I remember reading that due to higher labour costs in the Australian service sector, they are more efficient ie fewer employees.

Bricktop

Seems to be. Labour costs are way too high for many businesses. Any means to reduce them will be implemented.

This technology is relatively innocuous...soon we will have RF price tags that will tally your shopping cart as soon as you put the item in it. You simply scan your credit card on the way out. No checkouts.

Also, many shops in the UK have already done away with checkouts. Self paying stations are in many stores.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Seems to be. Labour costs are way too high for many businesses. Any means to reduce them will be implemented.

This technology is relatively innocuous...soon we will have RF price tags that will tally your shopping cart as soon as you put the item in it. You simply scan your credit card on the way out. No checkouts.

Also, many shops in the UK have already done away with checkouts. Self paying stations are in many stores.

My province will soon have a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, so I expect we'll see that soon.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"More service jobs will go courtesy of technology.

">

And our government is shilling for businesses by bringing far too many immigrants and refugees. What do you so many people competing for too few jobs do to wages and benfits for remaining jobs?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Seems to be. Labour costs are way too high for many businesses. Any means to reduce them will be implemented.

My province will soon have a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, so I expect we'll see that soon.

Automation will continue to eliminate jobs in the service industry no matter what. Governments raising minimum wages quickly will speed up the transition.

Bricktop

One man's pay rise is another man's job loss.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"One man's pay rise is another man's job loss.

Particularly when wages are arbitrarily raised quickly.