News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A new standard for high blood pressure in the U.S.

Started by shin, November 14, 2017, 06:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

It looks like there are going to be new guidelines for what's considered high blood pressure in the U.S.

The new standard will establish 130 over 80 as the onset of hypertension, bringing it down from 140 over 90

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/11/13/blood-pressure-of-130-is-the-new-high-according-to-first-update-of-guidelines-in-14-years/?utm_term=.090029dfbd85">https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... 0029dfbd85">https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/11/13/blood-pressure-of-130-is-the-new-high-according-to-first-update-of-guidelines-in-14-years/?utm_term=.090029dfbd85

Do you think this is a good idea or cause for alarm?

kiebers

Wondering if this is an economic move or a true health move???
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Wondering if this is an economic move or a true health move???

An economic move kiebers?

kiebers

More people diagnosed with hypertension equals more doctor care which equals more income for the medical industry. Can't read the entire article because I am not going to subscribe to the WP.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"More people diagnosed with hypertension equals more doctor care which equals more income for the medical industry. Can't read the entire article because I am not going to subscribe to the WP.

Okay, I see with the way your health care system works in the USA.

kiebers

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"More people diagnosed with hypertension equals more doctor care which equals more income for the medical industry.

Bingo!

Especially now that we are forced to have healthcare. I heard on the radio this morning that the FDA finally approved a digital tracking pill. I knew it was in the works, but now its official. They mentioned schitzo patients, and the new tracking pill would make sure you take your medicine. Now medication is gonna be enforced. I dont like the road this is all going down. When that one senator warned that Broccoli Wednesday would be coming, he may of not been far off. I can see healthcare cost to the person paying going up depending on what they eat and drink... of if they take the forced medication.

My grandma, who is schitzo, thinks shes grandpa when not on her medicine. I think shes best when she dont take it. When she does take it, she seems depressed.

My son, they said he had ADHD, and wanted him on meds. I was against it but his mom insisted to see if it helped him in school. I wouldnt let him be on it more than 2 weeks cause I saw how it made him. Turned him into a zombie.

Fuck pills! And fuck the big wigs enforcing this shit.

Ever watch Equilibrium? They forced the citizens to take a mood dulling pill. No emotions. Just go to work.

You watch, they are gonna enforce shit like blood pressure medication. Cause if you dont take it, then you become a higher cost risk to the insurance industry. They are doing all this in baby steps. Watch!

Btw, health insurance has skyrocketed! Glad I dont have any nor had any in nearly 25 years lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Anonymous

Blazor, tell us about your health insurance. How much does it cost? What is covered?

Wazzzup and kiebers, perhaps you guys could do the same?

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Blazor, tell us about your health insurance. How much does it cost? What is covered?

I dont have any lol. Havent since I was in school and mom had me on medicaid, almost 25 years ago.

I remember nearly 20 years ago I looked into it for the family, think I was quoted around $200 for all 3 of us a month. Just recently, I seen a quotation sheet from a provider, and just for me, it was $560 a month! Thats crazy!

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Blazor, tell us about your health insurance. How much does it cost? What is covered?

Mine was about a thousand  a month for me and my family pre obamacare,  thanks to Odumbo it went up $200 a month.  There is also a high deductable so we stay away from emergency rooms.

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Mine was about a thousand  a month for me and my family pre obamacare,  thanks to Odumbo it went up $200 a month.  There is also a high deductable so we stay away from emergency rooms.

Holy crap!  :ohmy:

That would leave me with $200 a month to pay my bills and food! After taxes and gas to work, I bring home $350 a week. I think its much healthier that I DONT pay for insurance lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Ontario Hospital Insurance Plan covers medically necessary procedures and doctor and hospital visits. Extended medical such as dental care, pharmacare  and vision are covered by  private insurance usually through one's employer.

Does your insurance cover all of these?

Bricktop

realgrimm

Quote from: "kiebers"Wondering if this is an economic move or a true health move???

If it were a true health move cost should remain the same, and the taxed surplus Marijuana revenue should be put back into the healthcare system showing a true peoples government  :laugh: