Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Liverpool; the home of Scousers

Started by Bricktop, November 25, 2017, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRISH KAM

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "IRISH KAM"Be prepared to be stabbed with infected needles and Robbed .

So, it's like Vancouver?

:laugh:

Its worst !  :laugh:

They speak like they have a mouth full of Flem !
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Angry White Male

I've heard some English language dialects, from both England and Ireland, and I can state that, although my hearing and comprehension is Grade A, I have a hard fucking time understanding them.  Our Newfies can be the same also...  They call it English, but then why can't I fucking understand it?

Ordinary English, from most ordinary Western Euro nations, I can understand.

IRISH KAM

AWM ya cant understand it cos ya a Canadian .

Angry White Male

Here's how our Newfie English came to be, and now you can understand why nobody can understand them...

QuoteMany Newfoundland dialects are similar to the West Country dialects of the West Country in England, particularly the city of Bristol and counties Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Hampshire and Somerset, while others resemble dialects of Ireland's southeast, particularly Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny and Cork. Still others blend elements of both and there is also a Scottish influence on the dialects – while the Scottish came in smaller numbers than the English and Irish, they had a large influence on Newfoundland society. One estimate claims 80 to 85 percent of Newfoundland's English heritage came from the southwest of the country.

IRISH KAM

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here's how our Newfie English came to be, and now you can understand why nobody can understand them...

QuoteMany Newfoundland dialects are similar to the West Country dialects of the West Country in England, particularly the city of Bristol and counties Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Hampshire and Somerset, while others resemble dialects of Ireland's southeast, particularly Waterford, Wexford, Kilkenny and Cork. Still others blend elements of both and there is also a Scottish influence on the dialects – while the Scottish came in smaller numbers than the English and Irish, they had a large influence on Newfoundland society. One estimate claims 80 to 85 percent of Newfoundland's English heritage came from the southwest of the country.

There are a lot of dialects in Newfoundland.

Aryan

Nothing to add really apart  from I'm not fat.  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Nothing to add really apart  from I'm not fat.  :laugh:

If you don't pack on two and a half stone an I mean soon, they'll make you leave town.

Aryan

Quote from: "Herman"

If you don't pack on two and a half stone an I mean soon, they'll make you leave town.

It isn't full of fatties here though? Not sure where old Lavender Arse gets that impression.  ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

It isn't full of fatties here though? Not sure where old Lavender Arse gets that impression.  ac_dunno

I saw a lot of chubbies in that area. Enough of them here too though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here's how our Newfie English came to be, and now you can understand why nobody can understand them...

There are a lot of dialects in Newfoundland.

The Newfie accents are dying out as some of the outports have died out.

Bricktop

Well, I do admit its hard to tell under those burqhas.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Well, I do admit its hard to tell under those burqhas.

Hey, you could be talking about one of Scouse's wives.

Bricktop

C'mon dude...even muslims have their standards.

Although I did hear that a lot of Liverpool males wanted to make the burqha compulsory for scouser woman.