News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Should immigration be a right or a privilege?

Started by Wazzzup, December 02, 2017, 12:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should immigration be a right or a privilege?

(I think) Immigration should be a right
1 (6.7%)
(I think) Immigration should be a privilege
14 (93.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 02, 2017, 12:58:48 PM

Wazzzup

We talk al lot about immigration here, so I'm curious to see what the general TBC consensus is-

Defining the terms--

A right would mean the government should not discriminate, anyone can be let in

A privilege would mean something along the lines that- you must find a way to demonstrate that you are going to be a net positive to the country you wish to migrate to.  that you pose no threat, and belong to no groups that may pose a threat.   That you will be a productive citizen who supports yourself and your family and that if you fail to do so, or start acting like a threat to others well being, you will be sent home.

BTW I will gladly take suggestions re: amending these defintions if necessary.

EDIT: please vote your choice

Frood

It's both unless the government doesn't meddle with the property and choices of others. Then it's just a right.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Immigration should be a privilege. And like all privileges it should not be given to 300,000 people per year plus tens of thousands more bogus refugees. No refugees period. And maybe 25,000 immigrants.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Zetsu"It should be a privilege just like Japan.

Japan has built a great advanced civilization.  And they want to be careful and keep it that way.  Good for them.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Immigration should be a privilege. And like all privileges it should not be given to 300,000 people per year plus tens of thousands more bogus refugees. No refugees period. And maybe 25,000 immigrants.

I agree, immigration should be relatively small so that immigrants assimilate rather then flock to enclaves where they live isolated from the dominant culture.

Frood

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Immigration should be a privilege. And like all privileges it should not be given to 300,000 people per year plus tens of thousands more bogus refugees. No refugees period. And maybe 25,000 immigrants.

I agree, immigration should be relatively small so that immigrants assimilate rather then flock to enclaves where they live isolated from the dominant culture.

I can agree with that as a three time adult immigrant.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Zetsu"It should be a privilege just like Japan.

Japan has built a great advanced civilization.  And they want to be careful and keep it that way.  Good for them.

Japan is smart that way.

Anonymous

Of course, immigration is a privilege, not a right..

If it was a right, there would be no borders.

@realAzhyaAryola

It should not be a right but it could be a privilege to those who have agreed to do the following and achieved these:

1. Learned to speak the language of that country.

2. Have agreed to assimilate into that country's society or culture.

3. Denounce the said country's enemies.

4. Willing to take up arms to defend said country against its enemies, foreign and domestic.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Driving a vehicle and using a gun shouldn't be a privilege but a right. Operating over borders too.

Governments are why we can't have nice things.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Before, I would say immigration should be a right. You should be allowed to go wherever you want and live where you want. Even here in the U.S. this country was founded on immigration.

Nowadays, I would lean more towards a privilege, since the recent surge of refugees, and not knowing what some are up to. Reminds me of how when white folk came to the U.S., and purged out the Indians. Same thing is coming in the future with the muslims. They have made threats to outnumber us, simply by having way more babies on purpose. They have stated this.

So Im divided on the issue lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Before, I would say immigration should be a right. You should be allowed to go wherever you want and live where you want. Even here in the U.S. this country was founded on immigration.

Nowadays, I would lean more towards a privilege, since the recent surge of refugees, and not knowing what some are up to. Reminds me of how when white folk came to the U.S., and purged out the Indians. Same thing is coming in the future with the muslims. They have made threats to outnumber us, simply by having way more babies on purpose. They have stated this.

So Im divided on the issue lol.

But, immigration was never a right in any country was it?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
But, immigration was never a right in any country was it?

You make a good point. As here in the U.S. it was taken by force by whitey.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.