Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

D.C. Transit Cop's Trial Details Ties Between Neo-Nazism and Islamist Terrorism

Started by cc, December 17, 2017, 01:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – https://www.investigativeproject.org/7091/dc-transit-cop-trial-details-ties-between-neo">Jury deliberations begin Monday in the federal terrorism support trial of a former Washington, D.C. Metro Transit Police officer accused of trying to provide support to ISIS.

Nicholas Young could be imprisoned for up to 60 years if convicted of attempting to provide ISIS with material support and lying to federal agents.

The 36-year-old Muslim convert from Fairfax, Va., is the first U.S. police officer to face terrorism charges. Evidence and testimony in his five-day trial showed Young's unusual affinity for both Nazism and radical Islam.

"Don't discount an alliance with Muslims to combat the Jews," Young said after attending a neo-Nazi gathering in 2000, testified college friend, Ian Campbell, an Arlington County police corporal.

Young gave Campbell a copy of Serpent's Walk, a 1991 novel published by the white supremacist National Alliance. Set nearly 100 years after World War II, it tells a story of SS officers who continued to fight for their cause until they were poised for global dominance. Agents also found a copy in Young's home.

An image of Young from a Nazi reenactment that was seized during a search of his home last year and filed in Alexandria federal court. (U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Virginia)

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_480w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2017/11/28/Cops-Courts/Images/NAZIISIS_061.JPG?uuid=X_5-VsWMEeeZIkFR9cphaA">

A Nazi-Muslim alliance occurred during World War II, and prosecutors showed pictures of Jerusalem's Grand Mufti Amin al-Husseini's meetings with Adolf Hitler that were found in Young's house during his August 2016 arrest.

"This is an alliance based on the idea that the enemy of my enemy is my friend," testified prosecution expert witness Daveed Gartenstein-Ross.

Al-Husseini helped recruit the Bosnian SS division and was the author of Islam in Judaism, which "encouraged violence against Jewish people," Gartenstein-Ross said.

He explained for jurors the "areas of convergence between Nazism and Islamist militancy." Things that attract people to neo-Nazism and to militant Islam are similar, and "once you succumb to one of those ideologies, you become more prone to succumbing to the other ideology." Both totalitarian movements view the world in terms of "good" and "evil" and "share overlapping sets of enemies: the Jewish people and the West more broadly."

Long before Young met with the government informants, "he represented this alliance," Assistant U.S. Attorney John Gibbs said in his closing argument.

Whether you like Investigative Project or not, this case is begrudgingly reported in mainstream media
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/this-police-officer-is-accused-of-being-an-isis-supporting-neo-nazi-he-says-he-just-has-a-dark-sense-of-humor/2017/11/28/10750026-ad13-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_term=.b760a4822c88">Washington Post

Young is the only U.S. police officer to ever face terrorism charges — a case brought after he was under FBI surveillance during six of the 13 years he patrolled the D.C. Metro system.

The 36-year-old Alexandria native is also a Muslim convert who used to dress up as a Nazi officer in reenactments, according to court documents, and kept a prayer list that included Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler. And he's a Ron Paul supporter who used his vacation time to fight in a civil war on the other side of the world.

At a trial set for this week in Alexandria, federal prosecutors plan to pursue a novel argument. They will paint Young as a ­violent-minded believer in an alliance between Islamist and white supremacist terrorism at a time when both are sowing fear across the country.

"It's a unique case; it's a unique defendant," Assistant U.S. Attorney Gordon Kromberg said in court last month. "The defendant was an adherent of both . . . The common enemy is hatred of the Jews."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Statism too.

I agree that's not good either, but it's not about killing people..

Unless of course, you're saying it leads to that.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

According to RJ Rummel, there were over 260 million deaths in the 20th Century due to Democide.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

According to RJ Rummel, there were over 260 million deaths in the 20th Century due to Democide.

I had to look him up..

He casts his net far and wide to arrive at that number.

Frood

I had to look him up..

He makes a number of exclusions too.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I had to look him up..

He makes a number of exclusions too.

I didn't read enough about him or his book to say, so I'll take your word for it.

Aryan

Deja vu?  I'm sure CC has already made a thread about this somewhere?  :confused1:

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"All I see when I read this is "WHACK JOB".

Do you mean the op?

Odinson

They didnt meet with the nazi racial standards..

They would have been ultimately destroyed.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"All I see when I read this is "WHACK JOB".

Do you mean the op?

No. The idiot cop.

Just a whack job. Nothing more.

He was under surveillance for SIX years!!!