Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Problem solving, innovation, and creativity

Started by shin, December 22, 2017, 06:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "shin"Do you believe every problem has at least one feasible solution?

Is innovation always optimal when it's systematic?

When it comes to "thinking outside of the box", when is creativity a bad thing?

This should probably be an essay. :laugh:

Every problem has a solution..

shin

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Some problems aren't designed to be solved. Progressives struggle with that and end up creating more problems which needn't be.

What would be an example of a problem designed to not have a solution?

I can think of several, but let's start with inequality. It's an often repeated buzzword of the political left. It is not even a real problem, so  finding a solution is stupid. Poverty on the other hand is a problem for which tangible solutions do exist.

I think inequality is a closer state of being than even distribution of resources. It would be great if we all had a surplus of money, education, and opportunity, but somewhere down the line the scales would return to a state of imbalance.

Frood

Inequality is only a problem if there aren't opportunities to try for improvement.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Some problems aren't designed to be solved. Progressives struggle with that and end up creating more problems which needn't be.

I can think of several, but let's start with inequality. It's an often repeated buzzword of the political left. It is not even a real problem, so  finding a solution is stupid. Poverty on the other hand is a problem for which tangible solutions do exist.

I think inequality is a closer state of being than even distribution of resources. It would be great if we all had a surplus of money, education, and opportunity, but somewhere down the line the scales would return to a state of imbalance.

I don't what you mean in the  first sentence. But, I agree that it is not a something that the state could ever change.

Bricktop

Humans default to a pyramid structure both politically and economically by default. Power without wealth is no power at all.

Anonymous

Thiel

Equality is a pipe dream. Marxist societies were not equal.
gay, conservative and proud

shin

I don't what you mean in the  first sentence. But, I agree that it is not a something that the state could ever change.

I just meant that when a group of people have something that can be shared, it isn't likely to be shared equally among them over time.