News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

One of my Henckels (Made in China) frypans is slightly warped...

Started by Angry White Male, December 25, 2017, 12:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

The rest of the set seems OK, and for what I paid for the set, of COURSE it is made in China.

Nonetheless, when cooking my hashbrowns today, there is a wobble from the pan on my glass-top range.  This is not acceptable, as proper heat conduction requires a flat pan bottom, especially on a glass-top range.

I'm gonna toss the fucking pan in the garbage, and maybe try out a Paderno fry pan, but ONLY the version that's made in Canada (yes, they still make a few of their pots and pans here)...

Bricktop

kiebers

Hard to beat Cast Iron skillets. But you would probably break your stove top.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Bricktop

When I was 46, cast iron was the bomb.

Now I need a forklift to get a small skillet on the stovetop.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

Quote from: "Bricktop"When I was 46, cast iron was the bomb.

Now I need a forklift to get a small skillet on the stovetop.

I can relate to that.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Odinson

Kiebers and Bricktop lived during the bronze age so iron was a pretty big hit..

Frood

Odi does dutch ovens in his outdoor bathtub and bites the bubbles.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Read the replies, and cast iron is nice...  for camping or the Barbecue!  Have a cast iron skillet for them!  HEAVY!  One blow and you could kill someone...

Cast iron may be a bit much for glass-tops though.  Priced some Paderno's out today, and they're too expensive compared to American All Clad equivalents!

May settle for US made All Clad stainless fry pan, and see how it works.  I don't need non-stick for every fry pan, so a quality stainless steel is what I need!

Bricktop

Then you need Essteele!!!

Stainless steel unparalleled.

Big $$$$$ but worth every shekel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Read the replies, and cast iron is nice...  for camping or the Barbecue!  Have a cast iron skillet for them!  HEAVY!  One blow and you could kill someone...

Cast iron may be a bit much for glass-tops though.  Priced some Paderno's out today, and they're too expensive compared to American All Clad equivalents!

May settle for US made All Clad stainless fry pan, and see how it works.  I don't need non-stick for every fry pan, so a quality stainless steel is what I need!

I have a cast iron skillet that belonged to my mother in law..

It's about thirty five years old.

Odinson

I cant sleep if I have a made in China electrical product tapped into the wall socket.

House might burn down..

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Then you need Essteele!!!

Problem is, is Canada SUCKS when it comes to selection of ANYTHING quality...  Essteele doesn't even come up on a dealer search here, but I know I want quality Stainless Steel.

Went with All Clad!  Not cheap, but I will support my American cousins, if they can produce a quality product.

My new 12" All Clad fry pan...

https://preview.ibb.co/kbQqbb/IMG_1438.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Then you need Essteele!!!

Problem is, is Canada SUCKS when it comes to selection of ANYTHING quality...  Essteele doesn't even come up on a dealer search here, but I know I want quality Stainless Steel.

Went with All Clad!  Not cheap, but I will support my American cousins, if they can produce a quality product.

My new 12" All Clad fry pan...

https://preview.ibb.co/kbQqbb/IMG_1438.jpg">

Where did you order it from?

Angry White Male

Order?  Bought it in person today!  I needed to 'feel' it first!

Kitchen Therapy in Surrey is an All Clad 'dealer,' and you can buy their products there, in person...

Would recommend (if you live close).