Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Beauty Discrimination in Philippines' hiring

Started by Pinay, February 22, 2013, 11:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost

I wonder if it would for some jobs, or if the people would just make an excuse not to hire someone.

Here thats what they do a lot of times, and just say over qualified, or the possession is full.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I wonder if it would for some jobs, or if the people would just make an excuse not to hire someone.

Here thats what they do a lot of times, and just say over qualified, or the possession is full.

That's what I think Blue..

An airline would not have an ad that explicit in Canada, but that does not mean no discrimination though.

Frost

I'm sure, shame really since better people are available they turn down.

I can see not wanting a 300 lb woman or man as a flight attendant for obvious reasons, but just someone with a bad tooth, or small breast is a shame.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I'm sure, shame really since better people are available they turn down.

I can see not wanting a 300 lb woman or man as a flight attendant for obvious reasons, but just someone with a bad tooth, or small breast is a shame.

Yes, that is true. My husband is an electrician and he says there is some hesitance to hire older workers in his company..

They won't fire an older worker, but they prefer not to hire a displaced older worker though..

Frost

That goes on a lot here in most the places I worked, and it makes me really angry .

Like Ford they hire some older people, but rather hire these kids that wont come to work, always sick to get out of work, and cry so much over nothing.

The older ones have expereance, and usually come to work because the know they need the money, and have more integrity the younger ones usually don't have.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"That goes on a lot here in most the places I worked, and it makes me really angry .

Like Ford they hire some older people, but rather hire these kids that wont come to work, always sick to get out of work, and cry so much over nothing.

The older ones have expereance, and usually come to work because the know they need the money, and have more integrity the younger ones usually don't have.

That is what my husband has told me Blue..

Older workers are more reliable, but the work is a little bit physical..

They think older workers will have health problems and become a burden on the company.

It is not fair.

Frost

I saw more younger workers being the burden, and I was in a hard fast paced job.

I was a team leader over 24 people, and over 400 in my department, the younger ones was always the issue.

I had a little say on new people, but not much.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blue"I saw more younger workers being the burden, and I was in a hard fast paced job.

I was a team leader over 24 people, and over 400 in my department, the younger ones was always the issue.

I had a little say on new people, but not much.

Yes, indeed younger workers all too often are Frosty. You talk to any employer and you ask them which employees, older or younger are they having discipline problems with. Probably 98% will say young employees.

Safety is another matter entirely. Brand new employees no matter what age and older workers are the ones getting hurt. Complacency sets in after a worker has spent many years on the job.

My husband's company has some good incentives for working safely..

It seems silly because who would want to get hurt..

They offer incentives that get better the longer goes without getting injured.