• Not more than 27 years old

• College graduate

•Can speak English and Filipino

•Female applicants must be single, at least 5'3"

•Male applicants are preferably single, at least 5'6"

•Weight must be proportionate to height

•With good visual impact and pleasing personality

•With clear complexion and a good set of teeth

•With perfect vision (20/20) or with contact lenses but not beyond (20/30)

Anonymous

•Weight must be proportionate to height-check

•With good visual impact and pleasing personality-my mother tells me I have

•With clear complexion and a good set of teeth-yes and maybe

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pinay"Check this out, see if you qualify  :o

FLIGHT ATTENDANT

Position Code: FA

• Filipino citizen

• College graduate

Hello Pinay, some of my girlfriends would be offended by this ad..

I am well aware of blatant discrimination against less attractive people in Asia..

On the surface it would seem women are the usual targets of beauty discrimination, but men face it too though not as much as we do.

Anonymous

South Korea's official human rights watchdog urged Korean Air Lines Co. on Wednesday to stop banning male job seekers from applying for flight attendant positions, saying the policy violates a law banning sex discrimination.

However, Korean Air said it has no intention of abiding by the watchdog's advice because it "seriously" violates an individual company's rights to formulate its own hiring system.

The state-run National Human Rights Commission said the country's largest airline has not recruited new male cabin crew since 1997. It said Korean Air has been filling male crew positions from those working at other in-house divisions.

The commission's advice is not legally binding, but investigator Na Sang-won said that if Korean Air does not comply, the watchdog may ask the Labor Ministry to take punitive action.

Korea's law on equal opportunity in employment carries a maximum penalty of a 5 million won ($3,810) fine.  [Associated Press]

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2442302630_22a3571347.jpg">

Anonymous

Four in ten say they have suffered discrimination in hiring on the basis of their looks, which cost them either job opportunities or caused them to receive lower salaries, a survey has found.

The jobs website Career announced on the 29th the results of its survey of 583 jobseekers, finding that that 42.4% believe they have been the victims of discrimination based on their appearances and have lost job and salary opportunities that way.

Of those lost opportunities, 53.4% were "absolutely never being hired", 35.6% were "being evaluated by my appearance more than my education, grades, or talents", and 25.5% were "being discrimincated against compared to other applicants".

20.6% said "I have been told rude statements about my appearance" and 16.2% said "I have been asked questions related tomy appearance".

55.9% said that they had "just put up with it".

However, 31.2% said they "didn't join the company despite beign accepted", 7.3% "lost weight or had plastic surgery", and 4% "complained strongly".

85.2% of all respondents said that one's appearance affects one's job search.

49.5% believed it had a "significant" influence while 29.4% said it was "very significant", a total of 78.9%. 20.1% said it was neither significant nor insignificant, 1% said it was of "low significance", and none said it was "very insignificant".

http://asiancorrespondent.com/77002/skorean-survey-appearance-based-discrimination-is-widespread/">http://asiancorrespondent.com/77002/sko ... idespread/">http://asiancorrespondent.com/77002/skorean-survey-appearance-based-discrimination-is-widespread/

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

FLIGHT ATTENDANT

• Filipino citizen

• College graduate

I think you prolly posted this for fun, but this is reality in Asia. I have literally seen hundreds of job postings similar to this one. Ugly people will need some pretty in-demand skills to get hired in Asia. Appearance counts now get over it.

true dat.....its the way god meant it to be.....i fail to see anything wrong with the posting...i think in korea they are finished at age 30..at least it was like that......there are some very friendly 30 year old attendants on KA....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

FLIGHT ATTENDANT

• Filipino citizen

• College graduate

I think you prolly posted this for fun, but this is reality in Asia. I have literally seen hundreds of job postings similar to this one. Ugly people will need some pretty in-demand skills to get hired in Asia. Appearance counts now get over it.

true dat.....its the way god meant it to be.....i fail to see anything wrong with the posting...i think in korea they are finished at age 30..at least it was like that......there are some very friendly 30 year old attendants on KA....

Hello cuddle pal, are they really finished at 30?

Appearance is very important in Taiwan too, but I think 30 is a bit young..

Some of my girlfriends in Calgary are speechless when they see an ad like this one.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Some of my girlfriends in Calgary are speechless when they see an ad like this one.

Cuddle pal?  :lol:

Odinson

It´s like this everywhere. Women are under a lot more pressure than men.

Beauty/sexiness/handsomeness sells.

Obvious Li

I'm sure you reciprocated their friendliness too there handsome. ;)[/quote]

on too many occasions to remember....lololo...can't blame me for trying to help a young lady on a new career path.....can you ???......it is tragic...some of these girls are so beautiful they could be supermodels anywhere..but KAL thinks at 30,  they are to old for front line service......silly silly cultural shit

Obvious Li

on too many occasions to remember....lololo...can't blame me for trying to help a young lady on a new career path.....can you ???......it is tragic...some of these girls are so beautiful they could be supermodels anywhere..but KAL thinks at 30,  they are to old for front line service......silly silly cultural shit

No, no, I think it is admirable that you are willing to help these women and expecting nothing in return too. ;)

philanthropy is my middle name....................... :!:

Anonymous

Asiana doesn't seem as discriminatory as KAL, but it is still there.

Has anyone ever seen seen a 55 year old flight attendant anywhere in East Asia? It would seem that occupation has a short shelf life.

Gary Oak

It's probably also a plus to  have a great set of knockers

Gary Oak

Westjet comparatively seems to hire graduates from Dykes On Bikes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Cuddle pal?  :lol:

That is just a little joke between Obvious Li and myself..

Read this thread for reference  http://memebee.com/asiancanadian/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=409&hilit=cuddle">http://memebee.com/asiancanadian/viewto ... lit=cuddle">http://memebee.com/asiancanadian/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=409&hilit=cuddle