Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Walmart raises wages, gives bonuses after GOP tax cut

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2018, 02:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
It's safer than delivering pizzas.

He didnt even deliver, he just made them. Almost $4 an hour increase by switching jobs though.

Normally I would say the same, safer, but he has almost broken his fingers twice (smashed a nail to the point it fell off), and had the tire mounting bar whack him in the face. The safety glasses saved him, but they cut into his face, now they call him Scarface lol.

I use to deliver for 10 years, its not too bad but I did get robbed once with a knife held to my neck from behind.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
It's safer than delivering pizzas.

He didnt even deliver, he just made them. Almost $4 an hour increase by switching jobs though.

Normally I would say the same, safer, but he has almost broken his fingers twice (smashed a nail to the point it fell off), and had the tire mounting bar whack him in the face. The safety glasses saved him, but they cut into his face, now they call him Scarface lol.

I use to deliver for 10 years, its not too bad but I did get robbed once with a knife held to my neck from behind.

How low is the minimum wage where you live?

It's going to fifteen dollars an hour in my province later this year.

Blazor

Only a lil over $7 an hour.

Hell, by them standards, I make the minimum wage of your province lol.

Anonymous

Only a lil over $7 an hour.

Hell, by them standards, I make the minimum wage of your province lol.

Fifteen dollars an hour probably goes a lot further where you live.

Blazor

Im sure it does lol. But not much further! Things have doubled around here, if not tripled, yet everyones wages have stayed the same.

Anonymous

Im sure it does lol. But not much further! Things have doubled around here, if not tripled, yet everyones wages have stayed the same.

Your taxes are lower, you don't have carbon taxes and your president lowered your taxes while our pm and premier have both raised our taxes.

Blazor

Your taxes are lower, you don't have carbon taxes and your president lowered your taxes while our pm and premier have both raised our taxes.

True, but there are some things here too. Like Obama imposed that health mandate, up to $2100 fine if you have no insurance. Insurance rates have skyrocketed because of that. At least Trump is going to repeal the mandate, but prices are already high.

That carbon tax is a joke. Greed is what that is. Y'all should light some torches and break out the pitch forks!  :laugh:

As far as our taxes being lowered, it depends. I think that mostly applied to businesses. We also have state taxes. Here where I live, they have fast food taxes, which are double the normal sales tax.

Anonymous

True, but there are some things here too. Like Obama imposed that health mandate, up to $2100 fine if you have no insurance. Insurance rates have skyrocketed because of that. At least Trump is going to repeal the mandate, but prices are already high.

That carbon tax is a joke. Greed is what that is. Y'all should light some torches and break out the pitch forks!  :laugh:

As far as our taxes being lowered, it depends. I think that mostly applied to businesses. We also have state taxes. Here where I live, they have fast food taxes, which are double the normal sales tax.

The basic exemption was doubled from twelve to twenty four thousand which means your son has been taken off the federal tax rolls.

Blazor

The basic exemption was doubled from twelve to twenty four thousand which means your son has been taken off the federal tax rolls.

Ah ok, hell Im close to that lol. Think I made $27k last year.

Also I heard that dont apply on the refund til next year.

Anonymous

As far as our taxes being lowered, it depends. I think that mostly applied to businesses.

Not so.

the middle class only shoulders a tiny part of the federal income tax. Over 70 percent of the tax is paid by the top 10 percent of earners. That means any reform of the income tax is probably going to affect them the most. Yet, this tax plan managed to make the income-tax system even more progressive than it already was.

The Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) has released its distributional analysis of the final Republican tax bill. The bill provides even larger percentage cuts for middle earners than previous versions of the legislation. If the legislation is enacted, higher earners will pay an even larger share of the overall income tax burden than they do now. Our highly "progressive" income tax will be even more progressive. That approach is counter to sound fiscal governance and undermines the growth potential of tax reform, but that is what Republicans are delivering. Looking at JCT's table for 2019, second column, the percentage cuts are roughly similar across income groups from $20,000 to $1,000,000. But the JCT table slants the results by including payroll and excise taxes. The table under-measures the percentage cuts to the middle compared to the top. The table below takes estimated payroll and excise taxes out of the JCT data. It shows individual and corporate income tax cuts as a percentage of estimated individual and corporate income taxes paid under current law. Middle-income households will receive by far the largest percentage income tax cuts in 2019.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/wp-content/uploads/jct_final_chart.png">

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/454769/final-tax-bill-biggest-cuts-middle">http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... uts-middle">http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/454769/final-tax-bill-biggest-cuts-middle

Blazor

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Thanks Seoul  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Seoul is our go to guy about anything to do with taxes.

Blazor

I have figured that much out lol, or somewhat money related. Makes me wonder if he is an accountant or something lol. Nevermind, I think I remember what he does for a living now.

Anonymous

I have figured that much out lol, or somewhat money related. Makes me wonder if he is an accountant or something lol. Nevermind, I think I remember what he does for a living now.

He works in financial services.

Blazor

He works in financial services.

Makes perfect sense lol!