Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Anybody here know...

Started by Angry White Male, January 27, 2018, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I need to know something...  Butterfly knives are prohibited in Canada.  They are verboten!

Now, what would happen if I drove down to Yeager's in Whatcom Country, bought a butterfly knife there, and disassembled it before crossing back into Canada?

Obviously with a knife in three pieces, it would no longer be a butterfly knife, but how would the law view having these three pieces in my car, should CBSA search it?

Would a workaround be just to bring the blade up in one trip, and the handles up in another trip, if possessing all three pieces at one time is in fact viewed as unlawful?

Much thanks in advance...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I need to know something...  Butterfly knives are prohibited in Canada.  They are verboten!

Now, what would happen if I drove down to Yeager's in Whatcom Country, bought a butterfly knife there, and disassembled it before crossing back into Canada?

Obviously with a knife in three pieces, it would no longer be a butterfly knife, but how would the law view having these three pieces in my car, should CBSA search it?

Would a workaround be just to bring the blade up in one trip, and the handles up in another trip, if possessing all three pieces at one time is in fact viewed as unlawful?

Much thanks in advance...

There's a very good chance you'll still get in trouble with the cops, as long as you have a single piece and they know it's part of prohibited weapon, they'll most likely take it away.
Permanently off his rocker

Angry White Male

Well, another problem I've just discovered!

Looks like Switchblades, and that possibly includes butterfly's also, are prohibited in Washington State also?  

When did Washington become pussy?  If this is the case, now not so easy to just go down and mail myself up the pieces of disassembled knife in different packages.

Nevada still sells them, so maybe something to do when I'm in Vegas the next time.

What the hell is wrong with Canada?  I can own a fucking Samurai Sword, but a little butterfly knife is somehow dangerous because it can be "opened" with one hand?  I have news for these fools!  My fucking sharp as hell steak knives I have at home can be "opened with one hand" also!   ac_biggrin

Angry White Male

I'm a collector of unique items such as these.  I don't need my Government to babysit me from 'weapons of mass destruction' such as a balisong, or butterfly knife.

I'm not in Kindergarten anymore.  Some of our fucking laws eat shit, and make absolutely no sense from a logical point of view.

Every adult Canadian should be given one of two designations upon turning 18:  Retarded, and Not Retarded.  Those in the 'Not Retarded' classification shall be given the right to own a god damn switchblade or balisong!

Angry White Male

Upon brushing up on US laws, it appears the switchblade was banned on a Federal level in 1958, due to nothing more than propaganda stories in magazines, as it is "The toy that kills!"  Guess when Canada banned them?  1959.  Odd coincidence...

Some States have repealed the original 1958 ban.  I doubt there's been a problem in these States with newly formed greaser gangs and scary Negros going around busting out their switchblades saying, "I'm gonna slice you good now."

Angry White Male

OK, found a website that will ship all parts required separately.

This is perfectly legal, since it doesn't become a prohibited item unless it's assembled and working.  And I would never suggest assembling the knife, as I am all about being a law abiding citizen!  You never know what could happen should I dare assemble it...  I could instantly turn into a violent greaser, with a sudden and unstoppable urge to go out looking for knife fights and trouble, sportin' slicked back hair and a leather jacket.

Angry White Male

Guy ships world-wide.  Even to Australia.

Will let you know status of order.  Hit me up via PM, if you want website.

Angry White Male

Went with a classic Italian made design...

http://i68.tinypic.com/w223xt.png">

Angry White Male

Can already feel the urge to slick my hair back, dig out my leather jacket, and engage in knife fights...    :evilthoughts2:

Berry Sweet

Dude...relax...have a kit Kat.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Dude...relax...have a kit Kat.

My Italian made Switch is on the way (in two pieces anyhow)...  DON'T make me assemble it!  Or I could turn into a Greaser, a Negro, or worse!

Keep talkin' that Jive, Turkey, and summon gonna get sliced!

shin

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Dude...relax...have a kit Kat.

My Italian made Switch is on the way (in two pieces anyhow)...  DON'T make me assemble it!  Or I could turn into a Greaser, a Negro, or worse!

Keep talkin' that Jive, Turkey, and summon gonna get sliced!

If you turn into a Negro, I'm joining a biker club. :laugh3:

Blazor

Switchblades and butterfly knives are illegal here too. The butterfly ones didnt become so til later. I use to be able to twirl them good.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "shin"If you turn into a Negro, I'm joining a biker club. :laugh3:

I'll tell ya something...  BC bikers is run by the HA's.  They have a lock on pretty much everything.

A couple of decades ago, there was one clubhouse that had one Black member here, but they weren't HA's at that time...  Puppet club, perhaps?

That puppet club and members eventually got absorbed into the HA's

Now, and I have no proof, but when the takeover came, the same rules applied...  Only White males.

Sonny Barger didn't wan't Niggers either, but respected the current pacts.

That chapter fought for the Nigger, and told Sonny that he must be Grandfathered.

And as such, BC Hell's Angels is one of the few chapters that permitted a Nigger to fly the colours.

Weird story, no?

Angry White Male

This case sometimes does pique my interest, for what it stands for...

A Black man, in the Hell's Angels.  Flying the colours hard and proud.

I don't know what to say...