The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What would YOU do?

Started by Superchecker, February 01, 2018, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

With the soft drink taxes Seattle has done and the meat taxes being proposed, it could almost be cheaper to drive around in circles and fill up on everything at the right spot.

But then they'll say there should be a driving tax.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I don't cross the border for gas.  I live 15 minutes from the border, but I don't like wasting two hours idling, waiting in customs line, just for gas.

Years back it was OK, and I did that, when a border trip was quick!

Now, the fucking Chinks flood to and from the border...  Chinks like to spend five hours saving five dollars!

No fucking thanks.  Let the Chinks idle their vehicles there all day.

I only go if I need a specific item I cannot get here.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With the soft drink taxes Seattle has done and the meat taxes being proposed, it could almost be cheaper to drive around in circles and fill up on everything at the right spot.

Oddly well informed for an Australian....

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"With the soft drink taxes Seattle has done and the meat taxes being proposed, it could almost be cheaper to drive around in circles and fill up on everything at the right spot.

Oddly well informed for an Australian....

You're full of compliments tonight. Did you hoe into the Stone's Ginger or something?  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

With federal and provincial gasoline taxes along with a provincial carbon tax, we already pay something like a fifty per cent carbon tax.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"But then they'll say there should be a driving tax.

TransLink is trying to implement exactly this! Pay $1.27 every time you cross a bridge, or use a tunnel, in metro Vancouver.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"But then they'll say there should be a driving tax.

TransLink is trying to implement exactly this! Pay $1.27 every time you cross a bridge, or use a tunnel, in metro Vancouver.

I don't mind road tolls. But, Vancouver is double dipping with gas taxes and road taxes. They are frickin greedy.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"
I don't mind road tolls. But, Vancouver is double dipping with gas taxes and road taxes. They are frickin greedy.

My son went up north near New Hampshire a few months ago. He didnt have change for the tolls, so they told him they would send a bill. Well, since the car was in both our names, of course the bill came to me. They charged him "administration fees" and tried making him pay over $150 for 3 tolls that came to $5. I got him out of one of them, but he still had to pay a lil over $100.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

My son went up north near New Hampshire a few months ago. He didnt have change for the tolls, so they told him they would send a bill. Well, since the car was in both our names, of course the bill came to me. They charged him "administration fees" and tried making him pay over $150 for 3 tolls that came to $5. I got him out of one of them, but he still had to pay a lil over $100.

Jesus Christ. Have they contracted out the tolls to the Gambino crime family.

Blazor

Lol, its insane, it was through New Jersey. I tried to fight them, won one, defeated by two, but he had to pay it not me lol. My name was on the bill, but I told him he was the one that did the trip. Most expensive piece of pussy he has paid for lolol (his gf was up there visiting family for the summer).
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Lol, its insane, it was through New Jersey. I tried to fight them, won one, defeated by two, but he had to pay it not me lol. My name was on the bill, but I told him he was the one that did the trip. Most expensive piece of pussy he has paid for lolol (his gf was up there visiting family for the summer).

When I lived and worked in Pennsylvania, I got a photo ticket while in New Jersey. I did not want to pay it because I was going overseas again right away, but I did anyway. Believe it or not, it can cause problems if you want to drive into the states if you do not pay it.

Anonymous

We don't have toll  highways in my province, but they do next door in BC..

I thought it was like a quarter each time one drove on a toll highway.