Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

What would YOU do?

Started by Superchecker, February 01, 2018, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superchecker

Gas locally is $1.489 a litre; but a short 20 minute drive across the border find gas at $1 a litre?

Looking to fill up means like 50 litres. I'd save nearly $25 venturing across the border...

What would YOU do?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Gas locally is $148.9 a litre; but a short 20 minute drive across the border find gas at $1 a litre?

Looking to fill up means like 50 litres. I'd save nearly $25 venturing across the border...

What would YOU do?

Since you have the time, I would cross the border if I was you Superchecker..

You can buy some beer while you are there too.

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Gas locally is $148.9 a litre; but a short 20 minute drive across the border find gas at $1 a litre?

What would YOU do?

I'll grab a flight to Seattle and you can pick me up at the airport. :wink:

Blazor

I would do the border cross. Especially if its $148.9 a liter there! lol, I know its a typo lol. Still,  I would still do the border cross for those savings!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I would do the border cross. Especially if its $148.9 a liter there! lol, I know its a typo lol. Still,  I would still do the border cross for those savings!

That's no fucking typo Blaze. Those are greater Vancouver gasoline prices.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blazor"I would do the border cross. Especially if its $148.9 a liter there! lol, I know its a typo lol. Still,  I would still do the border cross for those savings!

Shouldnt it be like $1.48 or something?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Shouldnt it be like $1.48 or something?

I should have fixed that typo.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its funnier leaving it lol.

I noticed here, that gas has gone up by almost .40 cent a gallon in the past few weeks.

Anonymous

Its funnier leaving it lol.

I noticed here, that gas has gone up by almost .40 cent a gallon in the past few weeks.

I didn't notice the typo because I knew what Sup meant. Vancouver has always had sky high fuel prices. Ours have soared lately too. Oh and our carbon tax went up again too on January 1 of  this year.

Blazor

I didn't notice the typo because I knew what Sup meant. Vancouver has always had sky high fuel prices. Ours have soared lately too. Oh and our carbon tax went up again too on January 1 of  this year.

That carbon tax is a load of shit! Like, even more shit than Obummercare. As citizens y'all should stand up to that kind of tyranny. Then again, they know y'all wont cause its prolly too cold outside to protest  :laugh:

Anonymous

That carbon tax is a load of shit! Like, even more shit than Obummercare. As citizens y'all should stand up to that kind of tyranny. Then again, they know y'all wont cause its prolly too cold outside to protest  :laugh:

Canadians don't revolt against taxes the way Americans do..

The carbon tax is a cash grab by governments that won't live within their means.

Blazor

Canadians don't revolt against taxes the way Americans do..

The carbon tax is a cash grab by governments that won't live within their means.

Think its called "taxation without representation" here. This country was formed to get away from taxes and tyranny, looks like the queen slipped in under the radar cause it sure aint the way its suppose to be.

Oh I know its a cash grab. When y'all have so many trees that clean the air, there is no need for them to grab money to go towards cleaning efforts or whatever.

Anonymous

The revenues from our carbon tax are not neutral and do not affect the climate at all...it's all a big lie.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"The revenues from our carbon tax are not neutral and do not affect the climate at all...it's all a big lie.

My point exactly! And I cant stand liars!!!  :t1929:

Bricktop

It depends on how many k's "across the border" is.

Burning $20 worth of fuel to save $25 is a waste of time. But burning $1 to save $25 is a no brainer.

On the other hand, watching queues of cars lined up to save 5 cents a litre, then buy 50 litres saving a prince's ransom of $2.50 is as dumb as it gets.