Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I'm really bored with food...

Started by Berry Sweet, February 06, 2018, 02:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

...nothing is appealing to me lately.  I'm kinda in the mood to make an asian/Thai salad with cabbage, mandarin oranges and some nuts followed with a peanut sauce maybe? Or a sweet sauce?

Lo doesn't like cabbage so that's a bummer but thinking of making myself a pile to eat for the next few day.

Anyone else ever bored of food? And have no desire to eat? Maybe I should just fast for a few days.

Any recommendations for dishes when food gets boring?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...nothing is appealing to me lately.  I'm kinda in the mood to make an asian/Thai salad with cabbage, mandarin oranges and some nuts followed with a peanut sauce maybe? Or a sweet sauce?

Lo doesn't like cabbage so that's a bummer but thinking of making myself a pile to eat for the next few day.

Anyone else ever bored of food? And have no desire to eat? Maybe I should just fast for a few days.

I recently tried a chili and some East Indian fusion food..

I find when I get the blahs, it's best break out of your food comfort zone.

Berry Sweet

Yes I agree Fashy....I'm feeling of something different...Asian and Persian is pretty common in my area and I do have it lots...but what else is different?? Maybe some weird African dish?

Berry Sweet

I hate all this talk about how people should try Syrian food....it's not much different from what I grew up with...I ate a lot of Mediterranean food and it's so similar...I'm sick of kabobs...no more kabobs..ugh!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...nothing is appealing to me lately.  I'm kinda in the mood to make an asian/Thai salad with cabbage, mandarin oranges and some nuts followed with a peanut sauce maybe? Or a sweet sauce?

I get bored if I don't change meals.  I just had some grilled Arctic char recently. That was a treat.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Arctic char?? Is that fish?

You've never had Arctic char. You poor, deprive child. It is delish fish.

Berry Sweet

So it's from the salmon family?  I eat salmon occasionally but don't eat fish much anymore cause of the nasty waters or places the fish come from.  I'm getting really leery with meat and have made a cut back.  

I need and want some different delicious vegetable...something I can bake it in and yum it up...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"So it's from the salmon family?  I eat salmon occasionally but don't eat fish much anymore cause of the nasty waters or places the fish come from.  I'm getting really leery with meat and have made a cut back.  

I need and want some different delicious vegetable...something I can bake it in and yum it up...

I caught them myself. A nice tasting fish, similar to lakers.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Eggplant Parmesan?

Or something Caribbean?

Cajun?

There is a stuffed pepper recipe I wanna try that has shrimp in it.

Maybe time for a new cookbook lol.

Allrecipes.com, I have an app of theirs, and it has a "dinner spinner".
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"So it's from the salmon family?  I eat salmon occasionally but don't eat fish much anymore cause of the nasty waters or places the fish come from.  I'm getting really leery with meat and have made a cut back.  

I caught them myself. A nice tasting fish, similar to lakers.

Nice.  I've never been fishing but Lo wants to go...I have no idea about rods n stuff...where to fish?? I'm not fishing in pokey water...gross!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Eggplant Parmesan?

Or something Caribbean?

Cajun?

There is a stuffed pepper recipe I wanna try that has shrimp in it.

Maybe time for a new cookbook lol.

Allrecipes.com, I have an app of theirs, and it has a "dinner spinner".

Ooh!  Caribbean sounds good!  Mango chicken!  Or anything with pineapple...I'm the only one here who likes pineapple, besides the birds.

I been checking out Allrecipes...nothing's catching my eye :( I think maybe I need a break from food...I didn't eat much yesterday and haven't eaten yet today...I just don't feel like it....I'm chewing and I just spit it out.

Bricktop

Vary your diet a bit. I often add Snickers, Reeces Pieces, Milky Ways and Tim Tams to my regular intake.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F24.media.tumblr.com%2Fd2f113b11e6ce4caba91639e695e20df%2Ftumblr_mp60blQViJ1reqrf3o1_500.gif&f=1">