Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Annoying accents

Started by Frood, February 06, 2018, 09:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

List the accents in order you find most annoying to listen to.

1. American South

2. American Midwest

3. Canadian

4. Queensland and NT

5. Scottish

6. Mexican

7. Russian

8. Polish

9. Norwegian

10. Turkish
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"List the accents in order you find most annoying to listen to.

1. American South

2. American Midwest

3. Canadian

4. Queensland and NT

5. Scottish

6. Mexican

7. Russian

8. Polish

9. Norwegian

10. Turkish

I wouldn't use the word annoying, but Vietnamese and Hebrew sound harsh in my opinion.

Anonymous

Indians in Peru and Bolivia speak fingernails on chalkboard languages.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Aussie

Some more than others eh ceec.

Frood

Quote from: "cc"Aussie

Oi!  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Fortunate for me and especially for hubby, I left young enough to loose it

When we hear an Aussie, I ask "would you have married me if I sounded like that" .. he refuses to answer

Frood

Some aussie accents are horrific like a chainsaw cutting into your ear drums. Not most though.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Fortunate for me and especially for hubby, I left young enough to loose it

When we hear an Aussie, I ask "would you have married me if I sounded like that" .. he refuses to answer

The kiwi accent is worse in my opinion.

cc

Ya, some are not too thick, Dinky

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc"Fortunate for me and especially for hubby, I left young enough to loose it

The kiwi accent is worse in my opinion.

Nah bruva. Kiwi is deadly.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Yah. Ask a kiwi to say "Six dollars and sixty six cents worth of fish and chips".

Or "I'm going to polish my deck".

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yah. Ask a kiwi to say "Six dollars and sixty six cents worth of fish and chips".

Or "I'm going to polish my deck".

I realized there's nobody named Tim in New Zealand. Only Tum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"List the accents in order you find most annoying to listen to.

1. American South

You put me at the top lol.

I think one of the ones that annoy me the most, may be India folk (I think). Cause sometimes they skip words or dont pronounce right making it sound like a different word. Not even the ones that are new here, those I can understand why and can sympathize, but the ones that are Dr.s or phone tech and still cant speak right!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

1. American South

You put me at the top lol.

I think one of the ones that annoy me the most, may be India folk (I think). Cause sometimes they skip words or dont pronounce right making it sound like a different word. Not even the ones that are new here, those I can understand why and can sympathize, but the ones that are Dr.s or phone tech and still cant speak right!

A lot of call centres are in the Philippines....some of them have heavy accents too.