Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
I might have read through it too quickly, but I was making a generalization based on more than just cc's post.

My husband who is fair skinned has been all over the world for work..

Most of the areas he has been to were not affluent and many presented dangers to non locals who were alone..

That's the common theme, so exercise common sense.

Put into that perspective... Chicago doesn't seem so bad after all.

Chicago is a walk in child friendly park compared to some of the places my husband has worked..

Get Herman talking about this and he'll probably share some stories from the countries he's worked in.

I think Chicago doesn't compare to most of the eastern world.

Sure, we have lots of murders and robberies, but we also have a deeper sense of security, protection through fear of prosecution, stone walls and steel doors, and many resources most of us take for granted.

I complain a lot, but I do realize it could be ten times worse.

I like Chi town. I have spent some time there on flights from O'Hare to Incheon airport.

It can be nice at times. I haven't lived anywhere else, so I couldn't compare it to another large city.

There's certainly a lot to do here, and there's wall to wall shopping.

I've heard that those with cash in Chicago have cabins or retreats in Wisconsin or Michigan to go to in the summer months and the rest just try to get by day to day.

They're also popular retreat spots for camping. I think they do something similar in the surrounding areas of NYC.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
I might have read through it too quickly, but I was making a generalization based on more than just cc's post.

My husband who is fair skinned has been all over the world for work..

Most of the areas he has been to were not affluent and many presented dangers to non locals who were alone..

That's the common theme, so exercise common sense.

Put into that perspective... Chicago doesn't seem so bad after all.

Chicago is a walk in child friendly park compared to some of the places my husband has worked..

Get Herman talking about this and he'll probably share some stories from the countries he's worked in.

I think Chicago doesn't compare to most of the eastern world.

Sure, we have lots of murders and robberies, but we also have a deeper sense of security, protection through fear of prosecution, stone walls and steel doors, and many resources most of us take for granted.

I complain a lot, but I do realize it could be ten times worse.

I like Chi town. I have spent some time there on flights from O'Hare to Incheon airport.

It can be nice at times. I haven't lived anywhere else, so I couldn't compare it to another large city.

There's certainly a lot to do here, and there's wall to wall shopping.

I've heard that those with cash in Chicago have cabins or retreats in Wisconsin or Michigan to go to in the summer months and the rest just try to get by day to day.

They're also popular retreat spots for camping. I think they do something similar in the surrounding areas of NYC.

I think most big cities in North America.