Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

ATTN: Bricktop

Started by Angry White Male, February 15, 2018, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

I have an offer for you, and if you don't want to take it, it doesn't matter to me.

My Stepfather's superior in the force gave these to him years ago, and in turn I have them now.

These are a pair of Peerless Model 1's.  The first swing-through cuff ever used.  As you can see, these are collector grade, with two keys.

They would be almost 100 years old now, and finding these in this condition would cost you money.

Since you are law, and I didn't pay anything for them, I will offer them to you, free of charge, if you want them.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2j4brsx.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have an offer for you, and if you don't want to take it, it doesn't matter to me.

My Stepfather's superior in the force gave these to him years ago, and in turn I have them now.

These are a pair of Peerless Model 1's.  The first swing-through cuff ever used.  As you can see, these are collector grade, with two keys.

They would be almost 100 years old now, and finding these in this condition would cost you money.

Since you are law, and I didn't pay anything for them, I will offer them to you, free of charge, if you want them.

If he is not a collector, why would he want them?

realgrimm

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I have an offer for you, and if you don't want to take it, it doesn't matter to me.

If he is not a collector, why would he want them?

because you'd have to be a hippy to not feel sentimentality

I'd like to think everyone whos emotionally balanced feels nostalgia

Anonymous

Nostalgia for handcuffs?

ac_wot

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"Nostalgia for handcuffs?

ac_wot

The product of a vivid fetish fantasy mind. Only question is "handcuffer"? ....  or "handcuffee"?  :001_tongue:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Nostalgia for handcuffs?

ac_wot

The product of a vivid fetish fantasy mind. Only question is "handcuffer"? ....  or "handcuffee"?  :001_tongue:

Could be both depending on what he has pvr'd.

Anonymous

They belong in an RCMP museum.

Bricktop

Thank you for your kind offer, but there are 2 problems.

The first, as has been observed, is that they are a part of your own nation's history and heritage, and should be displayed in an RCMP museum.

Secondly, the importation and possession of handcuffs is illegal in Australia (and many other countries, including Canada), so shipping would be problematic.

However, it does bring back memories...although my pair were polished stainless steel. Otherwise they were exactly the same. Even the keys.

Normally you'd carry them in the closed position. If they needed to be applied, the principle was that by striking the offenders wrist with the rotating part, it would rotate through the ratchet, pivot right around and re-engage with the offenders wrist contained in the loop.

In practice, they never worked correctly and you had to manually rotate them. And they hurt like a bitch if too tight.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thank you for your kind offer, but there are 2 problems.

The first, as has been observed, is that they are a part of your own nation's history and heritage, and should be displayed in an RCMP museum.

Secondly, the importation and possession of handcuffs is illegal in Australia (and many other countries, including Canada), so shipping would be problematic.

However, it does bring back memories...although my pair were polished stainless steel. Otherwise they were exactly the same. Even the keys.

Normally you'd carry them in the closed position. If they needed to be applied, the principle was that by striking the offenders wrist with the rotating part, it would rotate through the ratchet, pivot right around and re-engage with the offenders wrist contained in the loop.

In practice, they never worked correctly and you had to manually rotate them. And they hurt like a bitch if too tight.

Did you keep any souvenirs from your career Bricktop?

Bricktop

Just a few plaques, a medal and a Commissioner's citation for meritorious police work.

No equipment. Not allowed. All had to be returned.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Just a few plaques, a medal and a Commissioner's citation for meritorious police work.

And a lot of memories.

realgrimm

those handcuffs were easy to get outta, all you had to do was chew down a plastic straw and cram it in between the teeth and cuff , plastic stir sticks also and cops love their coffee

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Just a few plaques, a medal and a Commissioner's citation for meritorious police work.

And a lot of memories.

Rarely good.

Bricktop

Quote from: "realgrimm"those handcuffs were easy to get outta, all you had to do was chew down a plastic straw and cram it in between the teeth and cuff , plastic stir sticks also and cops love their coffee

Girls could slip their hands out easily, too.

But handcuffed prisoners were never left alone, anyway...so it was never an issue.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Secondly, the importation and possession of handcuffs is illegal in Australia (and many other countries, including Canada)

No!  In Canada, you can import 'cuffs from anywhere around the world.  There is no restriction.  I even own a couple of Yuil's from South Korea.  Aluminum.

You can own them, and carry them, but nobody would unless you're law.  They aren't restricted in any way whatsoever.

That being said, if Australia doesn't permit imports, then it would be a gamble to attempt shipment.