News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

If I were in the US, I'd march with them.

Started by Bricktop, February 18, 2018, 06:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Wazzzup

Want to make a school virtually shooting proof?  Only allow people to enter and exit one entrance.  Set a up a metal detector and a security guard at that entrance.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Want to make a school virtually shooting proof?  Only allow people to enter and exit one entrance.  Set a up a metal detector and a security guard at that entrance.

That's not very practical in large public schools with more than two thousand students.

Bricktop

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Want to make a school virtually shooting proof?  Only allow people to enter and exit one entrance.  Set a up a metal detector and a security guard at that entrance.

What will be the cost of that, and how effective would it be? What are you saying when you turn schools into fortresses?

Frood

Government junkies love making rules and spending money, but when they're invited to do more than just issue gun free zone manifestos by spending money to actually ensure the killing fields they created with their cowardice can't be effectively used, they fret about the costs of keeping children safer.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Someone has to start listening and showing REAL political courage.

You can march with the rest of the Buddy Holly glasses wearing left-wing unemployed clowns.  Maybe you could switch over later that afternoon and join an anti-pipeline protest also.  

You have no understanding of the US, and their gun culture and laws.

March away, old man.  It will make no difference.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

That's not very practical in large public schools with more than two thousand students.

For a bigger school Buy 3 or 4 more metal detectors and hire extra security to cover the morning rush.

Blazor

This is similar to how my son's school was. One entrance, rest of the doors locked. The one entrance was also locked, you had to buzz the intercom, which had a camera, and once you gained entry you had to report to the office, which was as soon as you came in. There was also a local police officer on the premises.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Too many guns in the USA for any type of recall. Grandfather ones in and ban automatic weapons.

Automatic weapons are already illegal here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Too many guns in the USA for any type of recall. Grandfather ones in and ban automatic weapons.

I thought Virginia allowed it, but it's frickin expensive to get a permit.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"

I thought Virginia allowed it, but it's frickin expensive to get a permit.

Not that I know of. If a permit allows one to get one, then yeah it has to be expensive. Even 20 years ago, a hellfire attachment was also illegal, which it was basically an add on that made a gun an automatic.

I got my son a .22 a few years back, before they started cracking down on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. I bought 4 25 round clips for it. You can pop all 100 rounds off in less than 2 minutes. However fast you can pull the trigger. Its no different than a semi-auto pistol, where once cocked it fires when you pull.

Anonymous

My understanding is that US federal law "taxes" automatic weapons like a ban, but most states permit them. I will check that or maybe kiebers knows. Damn, where is Renee when we need her.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"My understanding is that US federal law "taxes" automatic weapons like a ban, but most states permit them. I will check that or maybe kiebers knows. Damn, where is Renee when we need her.

Hmm, that may be the case. But average Joe can not simply buy an automatic weapon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"My understanding is that US federal law "taxes" automatic weapons like a ban, but most states permit them. I will check that or maybe kiebers knows. Damn, where is Renee when we need her.

Hmm, that may be the case. But average Joe can not simply buy an automatic weapon.

Here's what wikipedia has to say about gun law in your state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Virginia">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Virginia