News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

If I were in the US, I'd march with them.

Started by Bricktop, February 18, 2018, 06:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"That gun would NOT have been available to anyone if people didn't want to be armed. Those gun shops exist to make a profit from demand.

Thus, if Americans are part of the demand for a gun industry, they are all culpable if they support that industry.

Its the same argument for islam. Many, like me, blame ALL of islam for nurturing extremists. Its only the crazy minority that commit acts of terror, but we hold all muslims accountable, and rightly so.

By that logic alone, if you own a gun in America, you are part of the problem.

I love me some venison though. You are EVIL Brick! Takin' mah dur meet!

What about Fast and Furious, where our own corrupt government purposely gave guns to peeps who shouldnt have them. I find many reasons every day that support the notion I may one day need one. I wont be the defenseless civilian.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor" I wont be the defenseless civilian.

Then you'd probably be a dead one.

:2573l0w:

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"
And so gun ownership would somehow avert this? How?

If a tyrannical government were in place then people with guns would be the only recourse.  Also, as blazor wrote, a gun is good protection in times of chaos. I bought a gun the day after the LA riots.  I live a couple of miles away from a bad area, if there are riots I may have to protect mine and my families lives.  

BTW guns also protect women who have exes who stalk them or anyone else who is threatened, many people have used guns to save their lives against intruders.  And at times shooters have taken out would be mass murderers.  You're idea that they serve no good purpose in the hands of civilians is not founded.

QuoteHumans are much the same the world over.

No, they are not.  Look at Australias aboriginal population they commit violent crimes way higher then other Australians.  Same with Blacks in America as compared to whites.

QuoteBut in EVERY other country, private gun ownership is heavily controlled and prohibited. Yet these countries are not overrun with gun toting robbers and thieves. Why is that?

This is just plain untrue.  Two examples to illustrate the point--Mexico has very tight gun laws, their murder rate (20) is 4 times the US rate (just under 5).  Switzerland has very lax gunlaws like the US, and their murder rate is .69, which is less than Australias 1.2

QuoteThus, if Americans are part of the demand for a gun industry, they are all culpable if they support that industry... if you own a gun in America, you are part of the problem.

Well then I guess every time a car accident kills someone, every car owner is part of the problem.  And every time someone is stabbed chefs should feel guilty. :laugh:

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/0733ca026e329ca52757e621b3b757e9/tumblr_p4jexsMxH71ris16so1_540.jpg">