The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Racist Joke SuperFail 2013

Started by Romero, July 14, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"
Yeesh. I can't believe they were that naive. You'd think somebody at the station would have caught it.

How on earth could they say that and maintain a straight face? :o

IMHO it stems from the stupidity of political correctness in that no one dared question the validity of the names for fear of offending someone. Also the rush to be the first to out scope the competition played a big part. Responsible journalism is dead and it died a long time ago. The corpse is just getting more moldering.

That is interesting.

Hunting for a story played a big part.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
How on earth could they say that and maintain a straight face? :o

IMHO it stems from the stupidity of political correctness in that no one dared question the validity of the names for fear of offending someone. Also the rush to be the first to out scope the competition played a big part. Responsible journalism is dead and it died a long time ago. The corpse is just getting more moldering.

Hmm, that is unfortunate for all of us.

That's the way it is Fash. it's no longer all about reporting the news; it's now all about making the news. So if some of the facts fall by the wayside...oh well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hmm, that is unfortunate for all of us.

That's the way it is Fash. it's no longer all about reporting the news; it's now all about making the news. So if some of the facts fall by the wayside...oh well.

It would seem they wanted so much to be the first to get the story out they didn't check what should have been so obvious.

Odinson

Eager to get the story... Blind and now a fool.

Anonymous

The joke was antiquated and obviously in bad taste. However, it has no impact on my life or anyone I know.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"The joke was antiquated and obviously in bad taste. However, it has no impact on my life or anyone I know.

Oh jeez.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"The joke was antiquated and obviously in bad taste. However, it has no impact on my life or anyone I know.

Oh jeez.

For me, it's a who cares type of thing.

Odinson

Oh jeez.

People seem to think the joke is against the people... "racism".

"Miss Jay" from that reality model show (I don´t know its english name) mocked our language and we just laughed. "MInä rakastan sinua" is the same as the woman asks me to "fuck her like a whore".

Same comments for the swedish.

"rakastan sinua" means "I love you".

Mocking languages is not racism. It´s just common fun.

Odinson

Finnish is edgy.

Chinese can be twisted into "sum dom goy"... Some dumb guy.

Anonymous

Oh jeez.

"Miss Jay" from that reality model show (I don´t know its english name) mocked our language and we just laughed. "MInä rakastan sinua" is the same as the woman asks me to "fuck her like a whore".

I agree to a point, but these jokes are so lame.

Renee

Oh jeez.

You are right and I think it's a disingenuous joke that people are making a bigger deal over this than the fact that one of the survivors ended up being killed because she was run over by an emergency vehicle rushing to the crash site. How fucked up is that?  :shock:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

Why would you think people are making a bigger deal out of this than the crash survivor who was killed? Most people simply think the tv station was stupid for falling for the prank. Talking about it doesn't make it a bigger deal than that death.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

To any East Asian this a case of oh no, not another dated joke about Chinese names. To me this prank is on par with the kids I met when we first came to Canada who would pull their eyes back when they saw me. :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

To any East Asian this a case of oh no, not another dated joke about Chinese names. To me this prank is on par with the kids I met when we first came to Canada who would pull their eyes back when they saw me. :roll:

I hated that.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"Why would you think people are making a bigger deal out of this than the crash survivor who was killed? Most people simply think the tv station was stupid for falling for the prank. Talking about it doesn't make it a bigger deal than that death.

Pay attention much? Oh I forgot you are usually glued to some leftwing extremist blog and don't have time for the REAL world.

In case you haven't noticed, this pilot name thing has been all over the net and TV for the past week. Compare that to how much coverage was given to the Chinese student who got run over on the runway and killed.

Case and point, how many threads were devoted right here to the poor dead Chinese chick with the tire tracks on her ass?

Once again you are just doing your best in trying to be obtuse.  Haven't you been told enough that it gets very tiresome?