Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Racist Joke SuperFail 2013

Started by Romero, July 14, 2013, 05:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

On Friday, Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU told viewers the purported names of the pilots on Asiana Flight 214.

The problem was that the names — "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk" and "Bang Ding Ow" — were obviously fake. The news anchor read the names off the teleprompter and didn't bat an eye, adding that the information had been confirmed by the National Transportation Safety Board.

The channel quickly apologized in a statement, saying later in the broadcast, "Earlier in the newscast we gave some names of pilots involved in the Asiana Airlines crash. These names were not accurate despite an NTSB official in Washington confirming them late this morning. We apologize for the error."

QuoteThe National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/asiana-pilots-fake-names-racist_n_3588569.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/asiana-pilots-fake-names-racist_n_3588569.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Yeesh. I can't believe they were that naive. You'd think somebody at the station would have caught it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

On Friday, Bay Area Fox affiliate KTVU told viewers the purported names of the pilots on Asiana Flight 214.

The problem was that the names — "Sum Ting Wong," "Wi Tu Lo," "Ho Lee Fuk" and "Bang Ding Ow" — were obviously fake. The news anchor read the names off the teleprompter and didn't bat an eye, adding that the information had been confirmed by the National Transportation Safety Board.

The channel quickly apologized in a statement, saying later in the broadcast, "Earlier in the newscast we gave some names of pilots involved in the Asiana Airlines crash. These names were not accurate despite an NTSB official in Washington confirming them late this morning. We apologize for the error."

QuoteThe National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/asiana-pilots-fake-names-racist_n_3588569.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/asiana-pilots-fake-names-racist_n_3588569.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Yeesh. I can't believe they were that naive. You'd think somebody at the station would have caught it.

How on earth could they say that and maintain a straight face? :o

Obvious Li

this is an old but very funny joke.......i ask the same question.....did someone actually read these names out load over the airwaves......he's my hero.....Sum Ting Wong (sounds chinese to me)...hahahahahahaha

Odinson

We have a thai massage parlour here called "wii suk". The names are easy to make fun of.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"We have a thai massage parlour here called "wii suk". The names are easy to make fun of.

That name suks.

Odinson

I guess there is a happy ending.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I guess there is a happy ending.

Are these Thai women in Finland illegally or do they have legit visas?

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

They might be trafficked as slaves. They are promised of a good life but are instead being sold by the mob.

Used as a cheap-labour in our berry gathering companies.

They might have a shot to come in illegally like that.

We hardly notice them because they seem to blend in. Even though they have beautiful faces.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

They might be trafficked as slaves. They are promised of a good life but are instead being sold by the mob.

Used as a cheap-labour in our berry gathering companies.

They might have a shot to come in illegally like that.

We hardly notice them because they seem to blend in. Even though they have beautiful faces.

Yep, I would say organized crime is behind it too.

Odinson

They get paid very poorly and some pimp takes a half of that too.

Odinson

It´s happening all over europe.. To african and eastern-european women too.

Anonymous

It's in bad taste.

Anonymous

That "joke" is pathetically lame.

Renee

IMHO it stems from the stupidity of political correctness in that no one dared question the validity of the names for fear of offending someone. Also the rush to be the first to out scoop the competition played a big part. Responsible journalism is dead and it died a long time ago. The corpse is just getting more moldering.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

IMHO it stems from the stupidity of political correctness in that no one dared question the validity of the names for fear of offending someone. Also the rush to be the first to out scope the competition played a big part. Responsible journalism is dead and it died a long time ago. The corpse is just getting more moldering.

Hmm, that is unfortunate for all of us.