Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Any Current/Ex-Junkies Here?

Started by Angry White Male, March 03, 2018, 09:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Google is of no help with this one, so I turn to the forumz.

Most Heroin junkies just sort of get 'doped up' after they shoot up.  We know this, and generally know how they behave.

However, there is a small percentage of Junkies, all seemingly female for some reason, that exhibit completely different behaviour after they shoot up.  They bend and contort their bodies in weird, strange ways.  Like really fucking weird ways.  They make weird fucking faces, and just exhibit the most bizarre movements, facial expressions and behaviours.

My question is, why the fuck do they do this?  What's the pharmacology behind this?

Bricktop

Angry White Male

It's hard to locate this info, but I have heard one:  'Acting out their high.'

Again, doesn't make much sense to me, but I am not a Heroin junkie.

And Google has ZERO hits in regards to this search.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"Cue Freud.

^^

Aryan

My best friend has battled heroin addiction for years, but I can trust him with my life and he has never stolen from me or done me any wrong, so the stereotype of all 'junkies' being thieves who will rob from their friends and family for their next fix is not always the case, it depends on the individual.  

He is currently on methadone and trying to sort himself out I'm glad to say, but getting off the brown is a long, difficult process because once that nasty drug gets hold of you, you are dependent on it.  

The addiction factor is primarily the reason why I have never ever tried the stuff, or ever will for that matter, because I have seen first hand the chaos it causes.

Anonymous

Fash has been battling a heroin and meth addiction for years. She finances her habit by peddling her wrinkly 40 year old ASS in the Forest Lawn area of Calgary.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "SCOUSE"The addiction factor is primarily the reason why I have never ever tried the stuff, or ever will for that matter, because I have seen first hand the chaos it causes.

The relapse rate is as high as 98%.  Basically you're hooked for life, if you like the drug.

I have tried all illicit drugs, but none of them have ever managed to taken hold.  The reason?  I like to get my drink on!  And all drugs interfere with my beer drinking pleasure time!  That's the truth!

Anonymous

I have snorted, injected, smoked and drank everything. I can't believe I'm still alive.  I've been sober a long time now. I will be 49 next month.

Wazzzup

I tried LSD once it was probably fake cause nothing happened

Snorted cocaine three times, didnt feel much from it

Smoked pot a few times, made my stomach feel terrible so I stopped

and drank a lot in college and continued into my twenties

I don't do any drugs anymore, I rarely drink alcohol, maybe ten to fifteen beers a year.

My only addiction is to diet Dr pepper.

Anonymous

I have done everything, but booze was my drug of choice.

Bricktop

Aryan

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"The addiction factor is primarily the reason why I have never ever tried the stuff, or ever will for that matter, because I have seen first hand the chaos it causes.

The relapse rate is as high as 98%.  Basically you're hooked for life, if you like the drug.

True that, once you feel that high you are going to want to experience it again, which is yet another reason why I would never dabble with heroin.

Combine that with the physical addiction side of it, and it makes me truly believe it's the worst drug in existence.

Bricktop

Heroin (and all opiates) is one of two drugs which become PHYSICALLY addictive. That is to say that once hooked, the body refuses to function without it. Hence the terrifying physical response to withdrawal that drives addicts to ease the pain by taking more drugs. That is aside from the psychological dependency that ALL drugs create.

Oddly, the other drug that creates a physical dependency is alcohol.

Drug use and dependency is a health issue, not a criminal issue.

Aryan

Alcohol is without a doubt my favourite drug of choice.

Although I have admittedly overindulged plenty of times on it the past, but I usually just drink on weekends these days, mainly for health reasons but also because it is f4cking expensive!  ac_wot

Bricktop