Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Filed a complaint with the CRTC

Started by Angry White Male, March 03, 2018, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Problem:  I live in one of the fastest growing suburbs in Greater Vancouver, and yet have cell reception that is poorer than in Third World shitholes.

Problem:  Various cell providers have attempted to erect towers in the area for years, but the residents immediately surrounding the proposed tower sites always vote no, and as such no new towers are being built here.

Solution:  Only a Federal entity like the CRTC can over-rule local municipal regs, and OK cell towers to be erected whether the local residents like it or not.

They promise to get back to me within 10 days.  Will be interesting to see what they say.

Pic:  This is on a good day.  Sometimes I get no signal at all.

http://i63.tinypic.com/10pyh5k.jpg">

Angry White Male

Canada.  Mexico of the North since 1867...

Berry Sweet

My reception is fantastic!  No complaints here!!

Bricktop

Social Justice Warriors under the guise of "environmentalists" blocking progress.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Bricktop"Social Justice Warriors under the guise of "environmentalists" blocking progress.

Unfortunately they are not the problem here.  In this area, it would most likely be some 90 year old farmer, that still dials up through rotary phone landline, that just doesn't want to see a 'tower of evil' erected that only the 'young kids' would use...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Social Justice Warriors under the guise of "environmentalists" blocking progress.

They don't want anything built on the West coast.

Bricktop

Years ago, the Australian cable service rolled out its physical cable across the country. As always, a group of whiners protested about the "ugly" cables and co-erced some councils to ban the rollout, preventing some council areas access to cable transmitted TV.

Friends of ours went to war with their local council to stop the rollout in their suburb, and prevailed. No cable fed TV for their leafy green streets.

Some time later, they visited us, and noticed we had cable TV. They asked how we had access without cable. I took them outside and showed them the cable running down our street. "Oh, is that what they look like?"

They, like most of the protestors, had never seen the physical cable. The hysteria of blind resistance is a strange phenomenon.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Years ago, the Australian cable service rolled out its physical cable across the country. As always, a group of whiners protested about the "ugly" cables and co-erced some councils to ban the rollout, preventing some council areas access to cable transmitted TV.

Friends of ours went to war with their local council to stop the rollout in their suburb, and prevailed. No cable fed TV for their leafy green streets.

Some time later, they visited us, and noticed we had cable TV. They asked how we had access without cable. I took them outside and showed them the cable running down our street. "Oh, is that what they look like?"

They, like most of the protestors, had never seen the physical cable. The hysteria of blind resistance is a strange phenomenon.

I don't get that hysteria either.