News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Great Feminist Lie. 1 in 6 women "abused".

Started by Bricktop, February 27, 2018, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

the article doesn't say how it arrives at the statistic, so there is no way to check its reliability.

I have seen stats like this used by feminists to bash men, one of them was " More women are victims of domestic violence on Super Bowl Sunday than on any other day of the year." which was false.

Of course whatever the statistics are or are not, any person who is in an abusive relationship should be encouraged to get help.  And of course the abuser held accountable when possible.

Bricktop

These statistics are heavily distorted in 2 major ways; firstly, the definition of "domestic violence" is so broad that merely saying "Yes, dear, those jeans do make your arse look big" would qualify.

Secondly, the proponents of this nonsense cite EVERY single report in their "statistics", despite the fact that many reports are from the same victim. So, if a woman claims she has been violated 4 times, that's 4 incidents. It is deliberately disingenuous, and of course distorts the true picture by saying that 4 women have been victimised.

But there is another component to this that feminists ignore; the degree and extent to which women provoke and incite these so called acts of domestic abuse.

Anonymous

I think cc and Bricktop are both right. I have met abused women. But, as Brick said, stats are too often distorted to suit an agenda.

Bricktop

By those stats, one of our ladies has been "abused".

cc?

Fash?

Shen?

Velvet?

Azhya?

Berry?

One other point...in indigenous populations that rate is around 90% of women abused. This is probably accurate, due to the affects of poverty and alcohol.

cc

Present!! ... Poverty eh?

Does a well off Masters degree in psychology guy in major position at IBM downtown Toronto putting his wife in the hospital c/w threats of what would happen if she got him in trouble .. count?

Does a filthy rich insurance company exec from Manhattan (and close friend of her parents) vacationing at posh Myrtle Beach South Carolina attacking a 16 year old babysitter while walking her through the woods on the way back to her and her parent's cabin  ... followed by threat that he could  convince parents that he, Mr Nice Guy to her parents, could convince her parents that she made it up  ... count?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Compared to the rate of unreported abuse in indigenous communities?

Barely.