Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What would YOU do ...

Started by keeper, July 21, 2013, 08:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I wish some people who have lost their homes in the floods could win lotteries.

I would help you and your family. I have some money.

You are so far away...

Thank you so much Odie, I appreciate it very much..

We are ok and our life and home is back to pre-flood levels..

I was thinking about people like Pinay that have had their lives turned upside down.

Was her home destroyed?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I wish some people who have lost their homes in the floods could win lotteries.

You are so far away...

I was thinking about people like Pinay that have had their lives turned upside down.

I hope Pinay can get back on her feet again and soon.

keeper

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Keeper".............................  If you WON the Jack pot :o  :shock: lotto 64-9 BABY!!! a huge pot of cash :?:

Last night i wasn't feeling very well so i was sitting in bed thinking "what would i do if i won a good deal of cash". I grabbed a pen, paper and wrote down all the potential people in my life deserving of some kind of free money. And, i just want to say who ever said first that money cant buy happiness never met my family lol.

So my list was 13 people in total, and it hit me, Why should i just GIVE them money? lets make them work for it. I should clarify that im pretty much giving them all enough to retire or invest so that they can retire early, Not all of them would get the exact same amount of cash as another.

First i would Send a Courier to them with directions to 5 locations i would pick and at each destination they would need to find the next set of instructions until we all meet up at resort like a Tropical Island. I wouldn't show myself until all 13 people made it there, Kind of like a Scavenger Hunt. It would be amazing, The gift of money!!!

So, Get on my good side, might just be sending you a Courier  :mrgreen:

What would You do, Ever think about it?

If you won the jackpot there would be a certain Chinese woman in Edmonton who finds you very attractive(haha).

Seriously, I would set up a scholarship/foundation that would encourage women to become engineers.

Woohooo!!  :lol:  Im buying a ticket today  :P

Anonymous

You are so far away...

Was her home destroyed?

She owns an acreage South of Calgary..

There home experienced structural damage..

They are living in a trailer on their property  while they fix what they can.

Anonymous

Was her home destroyed?

She owns an acreage South of Calgary..

There home experienced structural damage..

They are living in a trailer on their property  while they fix what they can.

Are they going to rebuild or can their house be salvaged?

Renee

If I came into a sizable chunk of cash I would first make sure my kids all had enough money to pay their college tuition for whatever school they choose.

Then I would just live a life of almost complete and utter decadence......... What am I saying, I do that already.  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"If I came into a sizable chunk of cash I would first make sure my kids all had enough money to pay their college tuition for whatever school they choose.

Then I would just live a life of almost complete and utter decadence......... What am I saying, I do that already.  :lol:

So money wouldn't change you then?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"If I came into a sizable chunk of cash I would first make sure my kids all had enough money to pay their college tuition for whatever school they choose.

Other than I might hire a few house-boys to wait on me and feed me grapes I don't think money would change me much.  :lol:

Seriously, my husbands business has been very successful over the years and we already have just about everything we want out of life, house, property, kids, family, etc. The only thing I can think of is if we had more money my husband won't have to work as many hours as he does and we could get away for more much needed leisure time.  

Really what else is there?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Other than I might hire a few house-boys to wait on me and feed me grapes I don't think money would change me much.  :lol:

Seriously, my husbands business has been very successful over the years and we already have just about everything we want out of life, house, property, kids, family, etc. The only thing I can think of is if we had more money my husband won't have to work as many hours as he does and we could get away for more much needed leisure time.  

Bigger house and more properties, more and better cars, jewellery, exotic holidays and so on. Not that I would ever want those kind of creature comforts. ;)

Anonymous

Bigger house and more properties, more and better cars, jewellery, exotic holidays and so on. Not that I would ever want those kind of creature comforts. ;)

Mark 8:36

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Odinson

That´s from the movie classic Caligula.

Which reminds me that I also want a bigger house and a rotating throne.

Lambo would be nice and another house in mediterranean.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"That´s from the movie classic Caligula.

It's from the bible.

Odinson

It's from the bible.

It´s true. Great wealth brings the crows.

Rich kids are always pricks. When I was in school, I knew a kid whom daddy owned a logistics company. The spoiled asshole got everything he wanted.

He sucked at school so it was good that his daddy hired him.

Anonymous

It's from the bible.

It´s true. Great wealth brings the crows.

Rich kids are always pricks. When I was in school, I knew a kid whom daddy owned a logistics company. The spoiled asshole got everything he wanted.

He sucked at school so it was good that his daddy hired him.

I was in high school in Calgary with people like that too Odie..

Some people from very rich families do not give their children everything and they are very hard workers.

Renee

All those things are nice Shen but in the grand scheme of things they aren't really important. I already have a big house and it's a pain in the ass to take care of. I usually get a new car every 3 or 4 years and the more expensive they are the more money you are throwing away to depreciation. Jewelry; with exception of a few of my favorite pieces, I never wear it.

The only thing I will somewhat agree with you on is the exotic holiday thing. I would love to see certain places around the globe that I probably will never get to see but in reality spending time with family on some less than exotic vacation is still preferable to me.

I like to think that money would never change me but deep down I probably fear that it would. Money in excess corrupts. It corrupts the soul and it has a habit of fanning the flames of any personal weakness you might have. I think that's what bothers me about it. It would be a great convenience to have tons and tons of spare cash but some of it's less than desirable influences are hard to control.