Replies: 10404
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Helping out fellow human beings is fun!

Started by Frood, March 10, 2018, 05:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

On the way home today I spotted an early 2000's SS Commodore, the factory tricked out ones, driving along with no licence plate which made sense since it had been washed and waxed very recently and was probably being driven home immediately after being collected at a private sale. Couldn't see any Vic Roads paperwork stuck to the windscreen but it was a moderately tinted vehicle.

Long behold on the other side of the 4 lane road, a Highway Patrol car crested and managed to see the lack of plates in the distance. They proceeded to do a fast U  turn and slowly saddle up alongside the car before turning their lights on. I did my best to not give the pricks any extra merge space and the driver and his mate got the chance to burn away, although they chose to pull over once the pigs flicked their lights thus also compelling me to give them just enough space to get behind lest I get it for obstructing moronic greedy and stealing scumbags in stupid uniforms.

10 minutes later I spied a bunch of Toyota Supras and similar type Asian muscle cars doing some amazing driving back and forth along the highway. Some worthless sack of dobbing crybaby must have called it in on their mobile because the same Highway Wanktrol car nearly rear ended me trying to get around at a huge roundabout the sports cars were at. The stupid pig hadn't put his lights on at that point so I got between him and them, only this time, they all took off and left him in the dust.  :thumbup:

Bless their little speeding and precision driving hearts. I racked up extra good karma points this evening too.  ac_dance
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I had to look up what kind of car a Commodore is.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I had to look up what kind of car a Commodore is.

There were all sorts from sedans, wagons, and utes until 2017 and then they closed up domestic manufacturing shop. 1948-2017, RIP
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I had to look up what kind of car a Commodore is.

There were all sorts from sedans, wagons, and utes until 2017 and then they closed up domestic manufacturing shop. 1948-2017, RIP

Which automaker produced Commodores?

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"On the way home today I spotted an early 2000's SS Commodore, the factory tricked out ones, driving along with no licence plate which made sense since it had been washed and waxed very recently and was probably being driven home immediately after being collected at a private sale. Couldn't see any Vic Roads paperwork stuck to the windscreen but it was a moderately tinted vehicle.

Long behold on the other side of the 4 lane road, a Highway Patrol car crested and managed to see the lack of plates in the distance. They proceeded to do a fast U  turn and slowly saddle up alongside the car before turning their lights on. I did my best to not give the pricks any extra merge space and the driver and his mate got the chance to burn away, although they chose to pull over once the pigs flicked their lights thus also compelling me to give them just enough space to get behind lest I get it for obstructing moronic greedy and stealing scumbags in stupid uniforms.

10 minutes later I spied a bunch of Toyota Supras and similar type Asian muscle cars doing some amazing driving back and forth along the highway. Some worthless sack of dobbing crybaby must have called it in on their mobile because the same Highway Wanktrol car nearly rear ended me trying to get around at a huge roundabout the sports cars were at. The stupid pig hadn't put his lights on at that point so I got between him and them, only this time, they all took off and left him in the dust.  :thumbup:

Bless their little speeding and precision driving hearts. I racked up extra good karma points this evening too.  ac_dance

These threads are Joe's domain.

Anonymous

Whatever, at least we learned about Commodore cars.

Wazzzup

I used to have to drive though an area with a speed trap, it was a four lane road with a drop in speed limit of 20 miles an hour for no reason in some stupid little suburb.  I got caught once and learned from it.  I am thoroghly disgusted with government uses laws to keep people safe as a way to milk money form citizens.  There ought to be class action law suits for stuff like this.

OTOH

Not long a go I was on the highway and a car weaving lanes dangerously, going twice the speed lmit wizzed past me.  I remember thinking where is a cop when you need one?  A few minutes later I saw the guy pulled over and getting handcuffed.  I enjoyed that.

Make of this what you will.

The Langley Ladyboy

I see a lot more speed traps at the end of the month. Not the cops, but the highway patrol. The provincial gubmint swears there are no quotas though. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"A General Motors buy out

Wasn't it Ford owned at one time?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Now, I ask you all, is the the ravings of a female?

Aaron, seek help boy.

Wasn't Holden Ford owned once?

Bricktop

No.

Holden was an Australian car maker that was bought out by General Motors in the 1940's.

It then became a mash up of GM's global pieces of crap, primarily Vauxhall of England and Opel of Germany. Australian's revered this as "Australian's Own Car"...but from the 80's onwards it was more Opel than Holden. Although revered by patriotism rather than reality, they are a piece of junk compared to Japanese and German cars...much more alike to GM's el cheapo "Chevrolet" brand than anything else.

And like all multi-nationals that saw cheap labour in China as more money in their pocket, they abandoned Australian workers for their Asian counterparts.

And now GM is wondering why sales of "Holden" badged, Korean and Chinese made POS are plumetting.

Ditto Ford.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No.

Holden was an Australian car maker that was bought out by General Motors in the 1940's.

It then became a mash up of GM's global pieces of crap, primarily Vauxhall of England and Opel of Germany. Australian's revered this as "Australian's Own Car"...but from the 80's onwards it was more Opel than Holden. Although revered by patriotism rather than reality, they are a piece of junk compared to Japanese and German cars...much more alike to GM's el cheapo "Chevrolet" brand than anything else.

And like all multi-nationals that saw cheap labour in China as more money in their pocket, they abandoned Australian workers for their Asian counterparts.

And now GM is wondering why sales of "Holden" badged, Korean and Chinese made POS are plumetting.

Ditto Ford.

Were Holden's sold outside Australia?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"On the way home today I spotted an early 2000's SS Commodore, the factory tricked out ones, driving along with no licence plate which made sense since it had been washed and waxed very recently and was probably being driven home immediately after being collected at a private sale. Couldn't see any Vic Roads paperwork stuck to the windscreen but it was a moderately tinted vehicle.

Drum roll, the academy award goes to-------